what's the matter????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Mollymews said:

it didn't happen on the Fox News or Associated Press feeds. I watched both feeds. Fox News campaign data desk is the best in the business for getting fast and accurate data results on screen

if those numbers coming from the electoral offices changed as the person is suggesting then Fox News would have been all over it on the night. And they weren't because it never happened in the way the person is suggesting

Exactly my point!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

This is getting kind of exhausting. So, someone just happened to be recording CNN on the night of the election on their phone, the exact moment the votes switched. You don't think that's strange?

Why frame it like there's an error with the voting machines? There's no evidence of voting machines making large scale errors.

An easy test would be to see what the other media outlets were reporting at 10:22 on the night of the election. Do those outlets report the same thing? Where are those videos? CNN does not declare a projected winner and then the other networks just fall in line.

You are missing what that video shows. The video clearly shows not just an update to the total votes like you seem to imply but a clear subtraction of votes from Trump in Pennsylvania from when the select that state at the beginning and then at the end.

In other words he went from 1,690,589 down to 1,670,631. That isn't a case of Biden gaining an extra 19,958 as that would just mean that Trump would have stayed at 1,690,589 but instead he lost the same counts as Biden gained.

As I said I didn't post it to troll or anything was genuinely curious as to what had happened and whether it was a by product of a correction on the counting (like I said we don't use electronic counting so I don't know how it works) or the news station. 

A simple "oh yeah I see what happened it was a news station error" would have sufficed but instead you talk down in your post to me with arrogance.  I am so sorry I didn't sit and watch 3 different news stations that very night to see if it happened on others. I tried to see if someone made a recording of the other stations at that time to counter it and couldn't find one. I asked a genuine question with no bias yet still got hounded which is clearly shown by your tone in your post.

Least I learnt not to ask Americans questions lest be scorned. So thank you for the valuable lesson.

31 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

it didn't happen on the Fox News or Associated Press feeds. I watched both feeds. Fox News campaign data desk is the best in the business for getting fast and accurate data results on screen

if those numbers coming from the electoral offices changed as the person is suggesting then Fox News would have been all over it on the night. And they weren't because it never happened in the way the person is suggesting

Thank you Molly for actually answering my query without the negative tone. I thought that may have been the case that it was a news error but as mentioned couldn't find a video for that moment and am unfamiliar as to corrections etc from electronic counting.

• Haha 1

Just now, Drayke Newall said:

You are missing what that video shows. The video clearly shows not just an update to the total votes like you seem to imply but a clear subtraction of votes from Trump in Pennsylvania from when the select that state at the beginning and then at the end.

In other words he went from 1,690,589 down to 1,670,631. That isn't a case of Biden gaining an extra 19,958 as that would just mean that Trump would have stayed at 1,690,589 but instead he lost the same counts as Biden gained.

As I said I didn't post it to troll or anything was genuinely curious as to what had happened and whether it was a by product of a correction on the counting (like I said we don't use electronic counting so I don't know how it works) or the news station. 

A simple "oh yeah I see what happened it was a news station error" would have sufficed but instead you talk down in your post to me with arrogance.  I am so sorry I didn't sit and watch 3 different news stations that very night to see if it happened on others. I tried to see if someone made a recording of the other stations at that time to counter it and couldn't find one. I asked a genuine question with no bias yet still got hounded which is clearly shown by your tone in your post.

Least I learnt not to ask Americans questions lest be scorned. So thank you for the valuable lesson.

Thank you Molly for actually answering my query without the negative tone. I thought that may have been the case that it was a news error but as mentioned couldn't find a video for that moment and am unfamiliar as to corrections etc from electronic counting.

Why're you being so defensive?

1 minute ago, Drayke Newall said:

am not sure how or why that video came into being

can only reiterate that if that kind of discrepancy did come from the electoral office it would still be all over Fox News today. And DOJ federal prosecutors would be all over the electoral office concerned

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Why're you being so defensive?

How am I acting defensive? I have nothing to be defensive about. I wasn't asking why is trump loosing or demanding vote correction etc. It was an unbiased non agenda driven question.

I hate it when people respond with the tone you did when a simple question was asked.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Drayke Newall said:

How am I acting defensive? I have nothing to be defensive about. I wasn't asking why is trump loosing or demanding vote correction etc. It was an unbiased non agenda driven question.

I hate it when people respond with the tone you did when a simple question was asked.

You have a very defensive tone. 

28 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

You have a very defensive tone. 

Let see, definition of being defensive is:

"when people talk about someone becoming defensive in the context of a conversation, they are meaning that someone is engaging in emotionally defensive maneuvers designed to ward off their having to experience some unwanted feeling or admit responsibility for some disowned act. People who are acting defensively are essentially trying to protect themselves from feeling a certain uncomfortable way, and from viewing themselves as a failure or otherwise in a negative light"

So let then break that down:
Do I need to admit responsibility for some act I am ashamed of? No.
Am I considered a failure for asking a question? No
Did I project myself in the question in a negative light? No.

Only thing I said is that your response was not only not helpful in any way to answering my question but as also arrogant. Hey, bright side of Biden becoming president is he may actually fix American education so that people understand basic things like what a defensive tone is.

22 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Mind-boggling puzzles

Oh snap, you caught me. I secretly am a huge trump fan and have posters all around my room, wave MEGA flags and go rampaging around America with a gun abusing Biden voters. You should see my trump pencil case!

Quick, I need to work out a way to cover up my secret obsession of a political position I care naught about before someone thinks different of me.

For what its worth if you actually read my first post correctly you should have guessed that it was a question about electronic counting over Australia's hand counting and whether the video was some form of a correction using the electronic method, error or news mistake. The reason is that recently Australia has been talking about changing to electronic counting so I was curious.

No idea why I am writing this as all that's going to come back is your misguided belief that I care about your political drama in the USA. I don't give two hoots who too old for public service your president is.

Edited by Drayke Newall

Hey, guys, Canadian here. I really don't care about your election, I just find it interesting that you're fighting over it and that a so called democracy could come to this. Why y'all so crazy?

That said, I found this twiiter post from TrumpforAmerica while I was just scrolling through my normal news feeds. As I understand it, America uses voting machines and they just do any ol' thing. Then they report to the media and then the media declares the winner. If that is indeed the case, why do y'all bother to vote at all?

Russian Hacker from the future gives election results for 2020 - Imgur

Do the votes get calculated by a machine then get counted by hand? I know, I know, California has a higher population than my entire country. Still, we have the election results the same night. Just find it odd this election map shows Trump won by a landslide, yet CNN announced the winner as Biden? 

In Canada, I've never seen a landslide like this where one party gets this many votes and is declared the loser. Bee Tee Dubs, we don't have television or count votes by machine, so I'm genuinely curious. We do it the old fashion way, by hand....and we get the results the same night. Why are Americans so crazy in a so called democracy?

As I've said, genuine question, not a troll, please don't flame me. Thanks.

Edit: I've done a little digging and it seems like this map is clearly accurate and if you doubt the veracity of it you are clearly a fool.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Hey, guys, Canadian here. I really don't care about your election, I just find it interesting that you're fighting over it and that a so called democracy could come to this. Why y'all so crazy?

That said, I found this twiiter post from TrumpforAmerica while I was just scrolling through my normal news feeds. As I understand it, America uses voting machines and they just do any ol' thing. Then they report to the media and then the media declares the winner. If that is indeed the case, why do y'all bother to vote at all?

Russian Hacker from the future gives election results for 2020 - Imgur

Do the votes get calculated by a machine then get counted by hand? I know, I know, California has a higher population than my entire country. Still, we have the election results the same night. Just find it odd this election map shows Trump won by a landslide, yet CNN announced the winner as Biden? 

In Canada, I've never seen a landslide like this where one party gets this many votes and is declared the loser. Bee Tee Dubs, we don't have television or count votes by machine, so I'm genuinely curious. We do it the old fashion way, by hand....and we get the results the same night. Why are Americans so crazy in a so called democracy?

As I've said, genuine question, not a troll, please don't flame me. Thanks.

Edit: I've done a little digging and it seems like this map is clearly accurate and if you doubt the veracity of it you are clearly a fool.

Media didn't and does not declare a winner. They projected a winner based off unofficial results. Something the media has been doing since we started doing elections.

Edited by Ultimo Constantineau

5 minutes ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

Media didn't and does not declare a winner. They projected a winner based off unofficial results. Something the media has been doing since we started doing elections.

Pretty sure that everything Janet said in that post was dripping with irony and sarcasm.

It's the Canadian way, eh?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Pretty sure that everything Janet said in that post was dripping with irony and sarcasm.

It's the Canadian way, eh?

Im a liberal dealing with american trumpiots. I can't tell what's real or not anymore. Many times I have hoped someone was kidding only to find out they were not just serious, but damn serious...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

TrumpforAmerica

While the map may indeed accurately depict the fever dream election between Trump and "Pocahontas" (the toddler's nickname for Elizabeth Warren), in fact California is far from the most liberal state in the union. Remember, both Nixon and Reagan were California politicians.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

I can't tell what's real or not anymore.

Neither, it sometimes seems, can they.

Personally, and more seriously, I long for the day when we can talk about policy, and how to improve the lives (and educations) of those who still unaccountably voted for that man. 

Rather than continuing to let HIM set the narrative. As he Is doing right now.

36 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

While the map may indeed accurately depict the fever dream election between Trump and "Pocahontas" (the toddler's nickname for Elizabeth Warren), in fact California is far from the most liberal state in the union. Remember, both Nixon and Reagan were California politicians.

I would have to agree to an extent. I would definitely say not far. States in New England are probably more liberal than CA is as a whole but not by much. CA does have a few of the most liberal cities in the US. To have that much rural area and still have 65% representation says CA is pretty dam liberal to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

I would have to agree to an extent. I would definitely say not far. States in New England are probably more liberal than CA is as a whole but not by much. CA does have a few of the most liberal cities in the US. To have that much rural area and still have 65% representation says CA is pretty dam liberal to me.

I always think of Orange County when I think of California politics. I guess one has to go back a ways to see the GOP carry California in a presidential election. Most recently, 1988, GHW Bush vs Dukakis:

1988_large.png.c769fee49abf840b8d4970330332cc5a.png

But it's hard to argue that California and Vermont are both more conservative than West Virginia and Iowa, so I guess that's too far back for relevance.

38 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I always think of Orange County when I think of California politics. I guess one has to go back a ways to see the GOP carry California in a presidential election. Most recently, 1988, GHW Bush vs Dukakis:

1988_large.png.c769fee49abf840b8d4970330332cc5a.png

But it's hard to argue that California and Vermont are both more conservative than West Virginia and Iowa, so I guess that's too far back for relevance.

Lol Dukakis doesn't count though. Im surprised MA voted for him. Im from Boston. I remember my mother making fun of him when he was running for president. And she's a democrat. I think she called him Ducucky.

6 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Interestingly enough, Reagan was first a Democrat.  However, the politics of the 1940's, 50's and 60's I'm sure was very different than today; I'd guess all were WASP (s) back then.  

2 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Interestingly enough, Reagan was first a Democrat.  However, the politics of the 1940's, 50's and 60's I'm sure was very different than today; I'd guess all were WASP (s) back then.  

Ya way different. A lot of the southern states used to be democrat. It wasn't until Democrats took up the cause of allowing Blacks to vote that the south started to turn republican.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They should be more worried about the senate than the Presidency.. hehehe

Who's "they"? I don't think anything occupies Democrats' attention like the Senate races in Georgia right now. The Republicans, too, are certainly throwing money at those and are trotting out the same surrogates they used for the presidential race. If the GOP can get out the vote for Kelly Loeffler--and I suspect they will--then they could elect that proverbial ham sandwich.

1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

Who's "they"? I don't think anything occupies Democrats' attention like the Senate races in Georgia right now. The Republicans, too, are certainly throwing money at those and are trotting out the same surrogates they used for the presidential race. If the GOP can get out the vote for Kelly Loeffler--and I suspect they will--then they could elect that proverbial ham sandwich.

Republicans are they.. they were walking around celebrating about how the senate race went..

As far as I'm concerned congress is way more important than  the presidency.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

Of course this could also I suppose be a issue with the news site and not the counting however I did hear of the AG in one states saying 6000 votes were miscounted.

Are you aware that Australia has about 16 million voters. While ten times more, about 160 millions voted 2020 in the US. So I suppose it is pointless to compare Australian with US votings. 6000 votes miscounted? Who said that? It is easy to quote hearsay instead to deliver facts.

US voters 2020 

Australian voters 2020

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.