what's the matter????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1250 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

One thing I've come to realize is for some reason Biden didn't campaign for very long.  It seemed to me candidates used to campaign for a lot longer and we got to know them.  This year, it was a very short time to get to know Biden and Harris.  @real Donald Trump seems to keep everyone's attention that is for sure but I think Biden/Harris were far too under spoken and even in the shadows which I think is another reason so many voted for Trump. 

yeah I read that might have added a few more votes for Trump.  He did the live rallies that energized voters whereas Biden played it more safe and went virtual.

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

yeah I read that might have added a few more votes for Trump.  He did the live rallies that energized voters whereas Biden played it more safe and went virtual.

It is hard to redo flubs when one is live and Biden does seem prone to them whereas when Kamala starts getting wound up emotionally, she seems to also say things better left unsaid in public.

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It is hard to redo flubs when one is live and Biden does seem prone to them whereas when Kamala starts getting wound up emotionally, she seems to also say things better left unsaid in public.

I don't think this is why Biden went virtual though, if that's what you're implying. They have been preaching and portraying safety. There were a few live events in public though, done in a safer way...just not to the degree and size Trump did.

* And don't forget, the virtual events were actually live.

Edited by Luna Bliss

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't think this is why Biden went virtual though, if that's what you're implying. They have been preaching and portraying safety. There were a few live events in public though, done in a safer way...just not to the degree and size Trump did.

* And don't forget, the virtual events were actually live.

I was intending to post a video with many examples of his flubs but ran across this in my search and after watching it, decided it was perhaps a much better answer to this thread:

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Are you aware that Australia has about 16 million voters. While ten times more, about 160 millions voted 2020 in the US. So I suppose it is pointless to compare Australian with US votings. 6000 votes miscounted? Who said that? It is easy to quote hearsay instead to deliver facts.

US voters 2020 

Australian voters 2020

Gee, living in Australia I never knew we had less voters than the USA who has a larger population. 🙄 Who would have thunk it.

Please do point out to me where in my post you quoted (or any of my posts here for that matter) I compared Australian and US voting methods.

I NEVER said such a thing. I asked whether there was an issue with the machine counting in that link I posted OR whether it was an issue with the media outlet as mentioned in my Edit in my post which you directly quoted.

I then made mention how Australia counts to highlight why I am asking the question to show that I am unfamiliar with how electronic counting works. Here I will even quote what I said: "Australia still counts their votes all by hand so I genuinely don't know anything about electronic counting hence the question." If you believe this is comparing rather than highlighting why I am unsure and asked the question, then... um ok...

Funny how Mollymews understood my post completely fine and answered it like I had expected yet others didn't.

As to the ~6000 votes miscounted here is the article of which county clerks verified there was an issue with counted numbers and had to correct them after it was discovered. Given this error is why when I saw that other post I linked I was curious whether it was another error that was detected and FIXED like shown in the below article or just an issue with the news outlet.

https://www.9and10news.com/2020/11/04/antrim-co-clerk-every-vote-will-be-counted-as-cast-despite-early-unofficial-result-error/

But hey, you and whoever else keep believing that I had some other agenda or continue to imply that I am stupid. I'm out.

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I remember that time fondly -- you, me, Beth, and lets not forget Pussycat, fighting for the BLM cause against the world

Wha?  There were a lot of other people making strong suggestions on ways to fight.  I'm the one who looked into it and found out qualified immunity could very well be unconstitutional and suggested started propositions which were met with a lot "it won't help" answers; nothing will ever change attitudes.  Scylla started the thread and deserves a great deal of credit.  The one who posted about us needing to over-turn the qualified immunity was a very brave person for informing us of that, plus other things....I can't quite remember who now.  But, it wasn't just 'you four'.  There were many people in the thread who were quite helpful too who were involved in inworld events.  Plus, more...so, I am like what...?  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

/me wait for the.....

1_qGEF16TkhOI6ITg-ipEnVg.jpeg

Oh, I'm not even done yet.  And, then I find out blacks were screwed out of the GI Bill and I said they should sue and got met with an "it's too late".  But, then a certain person from New Zealand, don't want to mention her name unless she wanted me too but I cannot ask right now...said the Queen has made restitution to others and she spoke from a very informed viewpoint, and then I showed how a certain Indian tribe was just given back 1600 acres of land in Big Sur, California...and I could go on...but, man...she said Trump has a big ego.  She needs to look at herself in that regard.  Luna, never said fight once, not that I remember.  It was me, a man who told us about qualified immunity and the lady from New Zealand who were saying 'FIGHT'!   

Edited by FairreLilette

4 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

Australia still counts their votes all by hand

I interpreted it as suggestion that the US polls should use hand counting also. Sorry, if I misread it. As for the wrong counted votes. Do you see what't the difference now? You posted a link to the source. In your orginal post you said just this: "I did hear of the AG in one states saying 6000 votes were miscounted."  What is that else than hearsay? No offense intended. For a change I would like to hear someone talking about the fantastic job that all the people in the poll centers have done and still doing. But it seems to be more trendy to bash and to blame them for a chaos which is caused by a childish acting president and his followers only. Please, don't misunderstand me. Mr. Trump got 70 million votes. That earns respect. But not his behavoir in the current situation.

I just found this. According to Reuters nearly 80% of Americans say Biden won White House, ignoring Trump's refusal to concede: Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Reuters Poll

Edited by Doc Carling

45 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

I interpreted it as suggestion that the US polls should use hand counting also. Sorry, if I misread it. As for the wrong counted votes. Do you see what't the difference now? You posted a link to the source. In your orginal post you said just this: "I did hear of the AG in one states saying 6000 votes were miscounted."  What is that else than hearsay? No offense intended. For a change I would like to hear someone talking about the fantastic job that all the people in the poll centers have done and still doing. But it seems to be more trendy to bash and to blame them for a chaos which is caused by a childish acting president and his followers only. Please, don't misunderstand me. Mr. Trump got 70 million votes. That earns respect. But not his behavoir in the current situation.

You weren't the only person to misread it I believe so no offence taken, least you had the curtesy to say as much. Apologies from me as well for not posting the link to the source earlier, I thought it was common knowledge as it was in every major news paper site. My mistake.

I also do believe that poll workers do deserve praise for the hard work they do in whatever form it is. Its a thankless task with very little reward.

As to trump, he is an idiot in how he behaves but that's a different topic.

45 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

I just found this. According to Reuters nearly 80% of Americans say Biden won White House, ignoring Trump's refusal to concede: Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Reuters Poll

I wouldn't argue differently. Even if he does contest there is no way he can gain the votes needed. That said, as far as I am aware (that is to say, read) he has the right to contest through court etc so if he wants to go that avenue I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to, its not going to do any harm either way.

If he still refuses to leave then that's a different story whereby I am sure there are policies in place within the American constitution that can resolve that. Think Article 2 of the constitution is about all that President stuff if memory serves correct.

25 minutes ago, manoji Yachvili said:

Wonderful piece, Manoji: thank you!

This part particularly struck me:

Over four years, they continued to applaud him, no matter what he did, not because they necessarily believed everything he said, but often because they didn’t believe anything at all. If everything is a scam, who cares if the president is a serial liar? If all American politicians are corrupt, then so what if the president is too? If everyone has always broken the rules, then why can’t he do that too?

I think that this describes very well what is happening in some segments of American society (and likely elsewhere in the west as well). I've seen it here -- a sort of "they're all corrupt, the system sucks, so who cares?" perspective that, by draining and denigrating the meaning of the things that are most important to a liberal democracy -- a faith that, despite its problems, it can and does work, and is worth fighting to salvage -- numbs our sense of ethics and values.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

'FIGHT'!   

i think we all got our views and opinions in on the other thread about this

be best I think if we could all try to keep this one on topic . Keep it to the US election. Is plenty to say about this without us digressing into topics which we have already covered quite fully

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Drayke Newall said:

Apologies from me as well for not posting the link

No problem. To count 160 million votes in just a few days, that is a hell of a job. I would rather think there is something wrong, when no mistakes were reported. lol  However, how little Trump cares about the US shows the fact that he sees and addresses always only his own followers, but simply ignores the other 76 million Americans, which didn't vote for him. Even he can't think all of these votes are fakes. Or can he?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Even he can't think all of these votes are fakes. Or can he?

He's not interested in whether they're fake or real.

This is also the problem with feeling satisfied that a news outlet finally calls him a liar, directly. A liar tells an untruth with intention to deceive. In contrast, he just doesn't care whether anything is true, so his "lies" are equally unintentional as those rare stopped-clock occasions when something he says happens to be factual. Truth simply isn't a consideration.

That's infinitely more evil than lying, and it feeds a doomsday flaw in much of the American psyche, that amounts to "if we believe it hard enough, our simple wishing will make it true." Tell them the lies they want to hear and it will Make America Great Again. Tell them and they'll believe that hardworking coal miners contribute to the economy, their wages the dregs of taxpayer subsidies washed through the accounts of the 1%. Foxconn will come to Wisconsin. Jobs are saved at Carrier, and if everyone waves the flag and wears the hats, it will happen at Harley-Davidson too. Verily, because they want it to be true and they've performed all the superspreader sacraments.

So it doesn't matter that "Hunter's Laptop" was an obvious fake: it's what they wanted to believe. Same with all that imaginary voter fraud: He proclaimed the only way Biden could win was by cheating, it's what they want to believe, so it must be true.

True enough, anyway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm just gonna wait until it's officially official.. The media got everyone all pumped up jumping the gun that last election.. I'm just gonna sit in limbo on it until then not taking in any of the hype..

The 2000 election recount went on for just under like 40 days.. We could be in for a good wait before it's all  final, said and done..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i think we all got our views and opinions in on the other thread about this

be best I think if we could all try to keep this one on topic . Keep it to the US election. Is plenty to say about this without us digressing into topics which we have already covered quite fully

I wasn't talking about fighting in this thread, Molly, but rather in general.  However, with the examples I gave, I meant fight in the courts and in the laws because other's have won and will still win going forward.

I felt she was passive-aggressively insulting others so I responded.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"they're all corrupt, the system sucks, so who cares?" perspective that, by draining and denigrating the meaning of the things 

However, they all are corrupt to some extent.  You can find out about some corruption in Bob Dylan songs over many decades and then check the facts.

A story was released about three days before the election and the headline read:  The Trumps are more corrupt than The Bidens.

I also read an article prior to that headline that read:  The Biden's will be investigated (meaning including his son) - win or lose.  

All countries have corruption.  Sometimes we have to take the lesser of the two evils.  Just look up Abscam.  

Yet I don't say the systems sucks, who cares.  I care.  

But, yes, that birther thing with former President Obama was horrible and prejudiced.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1250 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.