JaclynFashion

Starting a Makeover Business

Well before you decide what to charge, there are a few things that you need to be sure of..  perhaps you already have these things covered but in case you don't here are a few things to consider.. Firstly your own avatar has to be exceptional in appearance and that includes a good wardrobe that fits well,  hair, skin, shape and all that.  And you need to have some really good promo photos of yourself and perhaps some before and after photos of someone you have already helped do a make over.  Something else to consider is that a lot of folks in here enjoy helping friends and new comers get themselves all fixed up and they do it for free.  Also most folks in SL do not have a whole lot of lindens to play with so by the time they pay for mesh bodies, heads, skins, hair that you will be suggesting they do,  there won't be a whole lot left over to pay you.  And especially new folks to SL,  they most certainly will not have a lot of lindens, and probably won't be to open to buying lindens with real money either.  I have been here almost 15 years and I speak from a place of some experience.  But I wish you luck in your new business.

1 hour ago, JaclynFashion said:

Am starting a makeover business. How much should I change to fix people avatar up, if there new to second life. 

21 hours ago, JaclynFashion said:

Am starting a makeover business. How much should I change to fix people avatar up, if there new to second life. 

Depends on how good you are... if you think you are really good, then i say about 3000-4000 lindens. But that completely depends on you<3

22 hours ago, JaclynFashion said:

How much should I change to fix people avatar up, if there new to second life. 

if they are new to SL you will need to know where to find the quality freebies and charge nothing. If they are more estabished account you can start earning some money, but only when you again.. know where to find what people want. And not just have 5 standard shops, but a broad and diverse experience.
Asking 3-4 k just for the help is way to much unless you shop for the clothes too.(and newbies don't have such amounts)
A stylecard is bought within a minute on MP, and costs at max 1k... with the same directions a make over help gives.