Women who like good covers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, Zzevir said:

Uhhhh so a topic just for women. Then I will sit here and eat my dinner. 

Uh nope it isn't :

5 hours ago, Ishka Magic said:

This thread is for anyone who likes to share good or interesting cover versions of songs 

• Haha 1

My favorite covers are mostly Bob Dylan related though often times I prefer Bob's original over the cover.

My two favs are The Byrd's with My Back Pages and Jimi Hendrix with All Along the Watchtower.  

I'll post The Byrds cover of Dylan's My Back Pages as it's probably the lesser known of the two.  

I can't actually share most of my favs because..well, NSFLLE (not safe for LL eyes :P )

This next one is one I send to a lot of people, most especially those I think need to hear it, and it is absolutely amazing (check out this band if you are unaware of them, I have introduced so many people to them, they are absolutely amazing, and this song, in particular should be listened to on the loudest volume you can...ijs). This song, even in its original form, speaks volumes to me on levels that can be difficult for some to understand. But I know what its like to be in a position to need to hear it, or something like it I should say. If it weren't for meeting hubby all those years ago, and him having played this song (the original) even back then, I'd still be in a position to need to hear it. 

This was a remake more than cover, but, who doesn't love it anyway? 

Ok, I'll be nice and stop posting for a few

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I prefer this to Phil's original...

Phil's?

"Land Of Confusion" is a Genesis song, written by Michael Rutherford. Phil Collins was the singer in Genesis at that time but I don't think that's enough to call it his song.

In any case. I'm really not sure what to think of Katzenjammer's version. Yes, it's a bit of silly fun and yes, the original had a lot of humour in it too but it was pitch black humour. Is it really a good idea to change a song with such a serious theme into slapstick comedy? It can work but you have to be very, very careful and I at least don't feel Katzenjammer was.They seem to have treated it as just an other emptyheaded pop song with words that have no meaning.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.