LINDEN RESEARCH, INC. TO BE ACQUIRED

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Press release: https://www.lindenlab.com/releases/linden_research_to_be_acquired

SAN FRANCISCO, July 9, 2020 — Linden Research, Inc. announced today it signed an agreement to be acquired by an investment group led by Randy Waterfield and Brad Oberwager. Closing of the acquisition is subject to regulatory approval by financial regulators in the U.S. related to Tilia Inc.’s status as a licensed money transmitter as well as other customary closing conditions. Upon closing, Mr. Waterfield and Mr. Oberwager will join the Board of Directors of Linden Research, Inc.

Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

"This was news to us too"?

Either Ebbe is flat out lying (but probably not, given Grumpity's comment above), or it's Fake News (again, probably not, given Grumpity) or he's massively uninformed for a CEO.

NFC, my ass.

Maybe I watch too much true crime, which maybe lends me to be really suspicious, plus I worked for AOL when Time Warner bought it & we all know how great that turned out....  

• Sad 2

No offense intended Grumpity, but  your answer sounds more like something you have to say an LL employee than something you are sincerely convinced of.... I dont see how this is a rock solid for sure bright future for SL... seems like a big scary unknown to me... If you know more that is reassuring, I would love to hear it

Edited by Teresa Firelight
fix typo
  • Like 11
  • Confused 2

I'm not surprised, actually. I always figured Ebbe would want to sell Second Life once his beloved Sansar was gone. 

I am hoping that this move is going to give SL the support it needs from its investors/owners to help it grow and thrive. 

Personally, I see this as a good thing. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.