Are You Showing Support for Black Lives Matter in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My Prime Minister (whom I sometimes almost like) responds to a question about his view of Trump's stated intention to call out the military . . . with 21 seconds of strained silence, and an answer that avoids the question. (But in which he does say some mostly good things.)

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1745421379773

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Remember how that guy set Luna straight, a few days ago, on diagnosing ppl over the net? That's how I felt here today: when the real experts arrive, those who actually know what they're talking about, from real knowledge, or from having lived it

I never diagnose people in public, and I was never set straight.  If I do see someone that could use a little help though I will help them, whatever their diagnosis (or not) is, and however it is defined by them, might be.   And stop talking about people like they're not here...as if they are some 'thing' you and others can discuss...I mean do you get how rude that is...?

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

My Prime Minister (whom I sometimes almost like) responds to a question about his view of Trump's stated intention to call out the military . . . with 21 seconds of strained silence, and an answer that avoids the question. (But in which he does say some mostly good things.)

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1745421379773

Thanks for the link. Gah, he's sooooooooo adorable. Just look at that face! Beard and all! I kinda wish he'd have just done a mic drop after the 21 seconds though...

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

This is at least the second time you have referred to looking under my tail. Totally without my consent. I need a safe space.

Well it's kind of hard not to...

BFDCA9B5-3EDB-4CA1-8D8A-72D274A174BE.jpeg.c9db29cf5873b6454aea6471b63d9a75.jpeg.ea1239cdd087a13488d10a7302b7ca85.jpeg

I've been waiting 2 years to be able to use this! Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Thanks for the link. Gah, he's sooooooooo adorable. Just look at that face! Beard and all! I kinda wish he'd have just done a mic drop after the 21 seconds though...

He was very evasive, yes; but damn, the man indeed is a soft hugbear. :) 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

For misgendering I get an apology. For telling me I have no right to speak and to go eff myself... crickets.

Given why I told you what I told you...that is an accurate assessment of the situation.

You are correct.

"NGL" I stand 100% behind the post you're referring to. 

Edited by Han Held
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I sure wish you guys would lay off my tail, though. It's mine!

... Oh, that reminds me I was thinking of re-doing my Scissorhands shoot at some poi-- 

Looks around all innocent like. Then prods the door shut.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

I cannot find any statement on Mister Trumps website which condems the launching of teargas  and rubber bullets and shock grenades at peaceful protesters, only because  Mr. Trump had the glorious idea of doing a pointless propaganda photoshoot at a church which did not invite him.

Trump is an a**hole, but what does one have to do with the other?  Trump wouldn't make a statement against it because he believes it was justified.  If you are equating the two, are you trying to say that BLM doesn't make a statement against violence and looting because they really do condone it?  Or are you condoning the behavior?

On a separate note, IMO someone should sue the authorities that broke up that protest with tear gas and such, because their rights were violated. Our Constitution does give the right to peaceful protest and that protest was peaceful.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Han Held said:

Given why I told you what I told you...that is an accurate assessment of the situation.

You are correct.

Given that you've been told by several people in several ways that you misinterpreted and were wrong in the "why" and so your "what" was unbelievably out of line, that you stand by it 100% is rather ... telling. You blew off my question that you actually quote me for what you accused me of doing... also telling.

NGL GFY, and the first part of Dennis Lloyd's video of the same title that I can't post here because it is NSFW... the lyrics nail it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Also, Moira told us waaaaay back on pg 1 (?) that Petite Mort (sorry not inworld so no LM) has a free group gift of a BLM crop that looks very nice, and there is also an appropriate tapestry available, all for FREE and you do NOT need to be a group member to get them. :)

that's probably the same shirt as the marketplace which charged a dollar.  :)

17 minutes ago, Han Held said:

You are correct.

ok, URBAN DIC didn't know what NGL stands for either, what does it mean?

12 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

also telling.

I don't see it that way, but I'm not willing to figure out this forum's multiquote implementation to hash it out.

Particularly since we've reached the lolcats/topic-drift part of the conversation.

It doesn't matter; neither of us are going to be changing our minds about the other any time soon.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Queen BullyBee is just attempting to establish her dominance over you.  Probably best to ignore her.

Queen Bullybee?

Good thing I'm a ...switch? 

Crap wait a sec -that doesn't work out at all!

Edited by Han Held
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Han Held said:

Then I'm going to stand by my original reaction.

You may feel compelled to post -but it's now abundantly clear that you have nothing to say. 

I would suggest that the appropriate course of action for you to take would be to allow us who are watching in horror as our country burns to react in the natural way -with horror, with anger, with fear and if you are unwilling or unable to allow us to process that, then please confine your activities to ones of quiet, solitary manual gratification with the corroded turnscrew of your choice

Good day.

@kiramanell  you responded with  (ETA what the stupid software messed up... you responded with a confused emoji)  to my post to Han telling her to GFY. ^^^ This is why. On page 9 she told me point blank "that you have nothing to say." I have nothing to say. She's standing by that 100%

She then said, in so many words to GFY. Also, standing by that 100%. 

All despite it being abundantly clear that she was taking my words and intent so far out of context that she could not have possibly have read what I wrote, that she stands behind it still, is more proof. So yeah... Lloyd's song is accurate and gosh, I stand behind that too.

This response by Han has to be one of the nastiest I've received in the Forum for a while, and that is saying something.

image.png

ETA 2: Not to mention she totally said that I was not allowing people to process the atrocitities, which was so totally out of left-field.

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

@kiramanell  you responded with  (ETA what the stupid software messed up... you responded with a confused emoji)  to my post to Han telling her to GFY. ^^^ This is why. On page 9 she told me point blank "that you have nothing to say." I have nothing to say. She's standing by that 100%

All despite it being abundantly clear that she was taking my words and intent so far out of context that she could not have possibly have read what I wrote, that she stands behind it still, is more proof. So yeah... Lloyd's song is accurate and gosh, I stand behind that too.

This response by Han has to be one of the nastiest I've received in the Forum for a while, and that is saying something.

image.png

Oh -we're doin this? 

Alright then, let's do this.

Here is the context of my post:

4 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

As I predicted in my first post...

So, continue on, patting each other on the backs for thinking and speaking EXACTLY in The Correct Way without reading or listening. Weren't we reminded that now is a time for listening? Does that only apply to certain people? Apparently.

Yes, I agree. I'm stupid. I'm ill informed. I am aiding and abetting repression in all its forms. I am callous. I certainly do not choose my words with care, nor do I know my own intent or beliefs. I will go back and reread all the great wisdom so that I may, too, march in lock step in the correct method. Silly me, I thought I was walking to a mountain top. So glad to have been shown the error of my ways. 

th_sarcasm.gif

Serioulsy and for real -if you want to do something, put your financial and RL support behind organizations who are supporting the BLM cause and who can take on the increased police brutality. 

That doesn't involve virtue signalling in SL, unless -perhaps, you're talking fund-raising.

Feel-good SL ...anything..really is woefully inadequate to address what's going on now. 

Posting for a lil perspective here:

400x400_1469719768618-thats-nice-dear-me

Whatever, Han. I generally agree with you, but then, I usually am in lock step as required. Pretty sure people agree with me in this thread too, 99% of it anyway, but, yah know, that little variation is a killer.

Sorry if there was some deep nuance to your post beyond accusing the forum of groupthink which I missed. 

Right now, at this moment, journalists all over the country are being attacked by police; this has been documented. People of color are being killed and arrested. Our president is having people excercising their constitutional right to protest (free speech and assembly) pushed aside so that he can have a photo-op.

My patience and discernment might not be what they ought to be at this moment -and for that I ...apologize? 

Or whatever's appropriate.

Nope, there was no deep nuance to my sarcasm about groupthink.

I'm quite aware of what atrocities are going on "now" and for the past hundreds of years. I have a view point. It doesn't follow the EXACT viewpoint of the groupthink, so yes, I understand about patiences and discernment and frustration and a bunch of things.

That said, I don't know what your appropriate response is to that. (sincere, not snarky)

Then I'm going to stand by my original reaction.

You may feel compelled to post -but it's now abundantly clear that you have nothing to say. 

I would suggest that the appropriate course of action for you to take would be to allow us who are watching in horror as our country burns to react in the natural way -with horror, with anger, with fear and if you are unwilling or unable to allow us to process that, then please confine your activities to ones of quiet, solitary manual gratification with the corroded turnscrew of your choice

Good day.

This thread -as I see it, has two purpose:

1) Share news stories regarding the current riots and police brutality

2) Vent and offer support to folks expressing their feelings about what's going on.

As I saw it ...and continue to see it... you were berating folks for "groupthink" when what is going on is historically traumatic. 

There's a time and place to chide people for "groupthink"; this thread isn't that place.

It was bullying and I called it out, and for that I make no apologies what-so-ever.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

image.png

ETA 2: Not to mention she totally said that I was not allowing people to process the atrocitities, which was so totally out of left-field.

And I would likely still put a 'confused' emoji next to that post, as it appeared a very abrupt an drastic ending of the convo with you, which surprised me, to say the least. No further subtext was intended, on my end.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.