Are You Showing Support for Black Lives Matter in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

53 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

On a separate note, IMO someone should sue the authorities that broke up that protest with tear gas and such, because their rights were violated. Our Constitution does give the right to peaceful protest and that protest was peaceful.

Is there a video with a link of the teargas, rubber bullets, etc?

I just watched a seven and a half minute video from CNN and it does not show any flare up, no tear gas, no problems whatsoever.  

This happened with another video I tried to watch on George Floyd the other day, it was a video about something else, like it was pulled and replaced with another video.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

Just now, Han Held said:

Oh -we're doin this? 

As I saw it ...and continue to see it... you were berating folks for "groupthink" when what is going on is historically traumatic. 

There's a time and place to chide people for "groupthink"; this thread isn't that place.

It was bullying and I called it out, and for that I make no apologies what-so-ever.

And you continue to be wrong. But thanks for all the cut and paste.

The PC groupthink had zero to do with what you are accusing me of. It had to do with people in this thread allowing only one, narrow, Liberal White Guilt PC way of talking about something in a liberal context. I have explained this umpteen times before and since. And as far as bullying, *I* was feeling bullied and attacked because people were purposefully taking things out of the context I was trying very hard to make. Again, I refer to the post in which I discussed the noisy channel model of communication. THAT bullying (of me) is what I was referring to as PC groupthink, NOT that people are upset about the atrocities going on. I think you have to be really trying to get offended to still see it the way you are presenting it.

The people who were peeved at me (people I like and who generally agree with me most of the time and were so not happy with me in this thread) were upset that DESPITE what else I was saying  that I was using the trigger words of all lives matter, albeit supposedly making it clear that I was NOT using them in the ALM, racist, subversive manner. I understand (and again, have stated umpteen times) that those are trigger words. I have also stated (umpteen times) that I made an error in judgement in that first post about what Paul said regarding all lives matter. I meant what I said, and if anyone bothers to read it without trying to trigger themselves, my stance should be clear and it is nothing but supportive of bringing racism out into the light at this point in time where we have such an appalling example of it on video for the world to see. (Not to mention the videos of the protests, etc.)

You didn't call me out for bullying. You told me I have nothing to say and to go eff myself. Back atcha.

• Like 2

If that's genuinely your perception, the rational thing to do would be to put me on ignore. 

Meanwhile, back on topic: 

11 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Um, this is all very interesting and I am on the edge of my seat, but could we get back to talking about BLM and all the protests, and how our world is being torn apart presently?

7 minutes ago, Han Held said:

I'd like to throw this out there, it's a subreddit dedicated to tracking incidents of police brutality: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/2020PoliceBrutality/

Also, here's a github respository tracking inicdents by state: 

https://github.com/2020PB/police-brutality#Table-of-Contents

5 minutes ago, Han Held said:

4 minutes ago, Han Held said:

I forgot to post this:

https://twitter.com/2020Police

11 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

And I would likely still put a 'confused' emoji next to that post, as it appeared a very abrupt an drastic ending of the convo with you, which surprised me, to say the least. No further subtext was intended, on my end.

I honestly do not know how this was a drastic ending of the convo with Han. But I will not press it further. And there are IMs.

4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Is there a video with a link of the teargas, rubber bullets, etc?

I just watched a seven and a half minute video from CNN and it does not show any flare up, no tear gas, no problems whatsoever.  

This happened with another video I tried to watch on George Floyd the other day, it was a video about something else, like it was pulled almost.  

I'm wondering if they're not getting pulled -I can't find videos I was able to watch yesterday.

I did find this one:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Han Held said:

If that's genuinely your perception, the rational thing to do would be to put me on ignore. 

Meanwhile, back on topic: 

I don't need your advice, tyvm.

Also, "this" is not back on topic. Have you not read the OP either? The OP is about whether you are showing support for BLM in SL. 

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Han Held said:

I'm wondering if they're not getting pulled -I can't find videos I was able to watch yesterday.

I did find this one:

Tear gas at reporters?  Okay, I feel like the world is spinning out of control now.

But, I did just watch a video from CNN that was about 7:32 long and there was no confrontation, no tear gas, no rubber bullets at protesters near The White House.  Maybe they are being pulled.

And, then I read an article on the autopsy of George Floyd.  The coroner says they found methamphetamine and another drug (forgot now but dinner time) put the pathology report at the request of Floyd's family says no such drugs.  What a mess.  

Edited by FairreLilette

You know, this thread keeps ALMOST getting back on track, then the personal drama fest starts up again. Can we please not make it about our individual selves and our individual hurt feelings in just this one thread, considering the importance of what is (mostly) being discussed?

Thanks.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

And, then I read an article on autopsy of George Floyd.  The coroner says they found methamphetamine and another drug (forgot now but dinner time) put the pathology report at the request of Floyd's family says no such drugs.  What a mess.  

Thats not surprising.  They will protect their own, and smear the victim.  Meanwhile, the neutral autopsy will tell the truth.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Can we please not make it about our individual selves and our individual hurt feelings in just this one thread, considering the importance of what is (mostly) being discussed?

Be the change you want to see in the world. (IE find links, post links).

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Han Held said:

Be the change you want to see in the world. (IE find links, post links).

I'm not sure how that response relates to what I said, but if it means people might stop sniping in this thread, then that's all I'm asking for.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm not sure how that response relates to what I said, but if it means people might stop sniping in this thread, then that's all I'm asking for.

Instead of complaining about other people's posts, contribute the kind of posts that you want to see.

For instance, here's one I'm shamelessy swiping from VVO's politics forum because it's chilling AF:

• Like 2

If you are equating the two, are you trying to say that BLM doesn't make a statement against violence and looting because they really do condone it?  Or are you condoning the behavior

Why the hell do you demand that from a completely non-violent activist movement like BLM, which demands nothing but justice, while justice defines itself by being justice? Why do you miss such a statement? Does everyone who protests massively but peacefully now and has done so before and will do so in the future for WHATEVER reason have to carry a badge which proclaims "no lootings!"?

Come on....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Queen BullyBee is just attempting to establish her dominance over you.  Probably best to ignore her.

You just had to, didn’t you? It’s like... no, actually, is is a sickness in you.

SIUYAYSFC. See if that one is on Urban Dictionary.

Sorry, I’ve not been here to defend you, @Gatogateau. I’m both watching my city’s so-far peaceful protest and listening to the police scanner and stressing because the cops see (white) people with weapons and aRe going to have to step in soon and the peaceful protesters have no idea.

No, Gato is mostly definitely not racist nor was she intentionally dog-whistling. She’s a very good kitty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Also, someone needs to effing decide if it’s being a bully to be part of the group-speak, or to speak up against group-speak, because it seems to change depending on who is pulling the bully bee crap out of their butt. JFC.

Get TF over it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

No, Han. I said what I said. I don't need to post pictures to illustrate it. 

If you want on-topic posts, then post them.

But you don't so ...I don't know what the [redacted] it is that you do want.

But I most sincerely hope that you find it, whatever it might be.

Edited by Han Held

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.