way of life to success

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, mlord11 said:

try to be the best you can be in life 

Rather vague and subjective, isn't it?  What do you mean by "try"?  The best what?  How is it measured?

It makes me think of one of my favorite movie lines of all time.

1 hour ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Rather vague and subjective, isn't it?  What do you mean by "try"?  The best what?  How is it measured?

It makes me think of one of my favorite movie lines of all time.

Only losers think that f**king someone because she's the "prom queen" is some kind of notable achievement.

ETA: I should probably apologize for my response, but this has put me into a profoundly crappy mood. Toxic masculinity masquerading as some sort of folksy eternal verity, combined with the reduction of a woman to some sort of prize in a macho **** fight does that to me. It makes me want to punch Connery's character in the face. Or somewhere else more meaningful. And that's a bad thing, because it's stooping to his level.

Grrrrr. Damn you for making me grumpy, Tolya.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I noticed some of the more interesting people seem to be missing recently. It's kind of obvious why.

Purrrrs. I think the interesting people just took a long Memorial Day weekend. Getting rejuvenated with backyard bbq and beer to be in better posting form. The missing uninteresting people on the other hand... uh oh.

cat paws.gif

• Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Purrrrs. I think the interesting people just took a long Memorial Day weekend. Getting rejuvenated with backyard bbq and beer to be in better posting form. The missing uninteresting people on the other hand... uh oh.

cat paws.gif

Did they fall down and go boom?

• Like 3

On 5/22/2020 at 7:14 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

I noticed some of the more interesting people seem to be missing recently. It's kind of obvious why.

Some were interesting.  Some were laughable or best left on ignore 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

lol Did you forget that the internet is forever? There's the Wayback Machine and a few other archives. 😉

Yes, but there is also Ninja reaction time skill..

Many don't posses this rare intranet skill, like us  in the way of the intranet Ninja.:ph34r:

hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/5/2020 at 23:07, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Solo los perdedores piensan que f ** king alguien porque ella es la "reina del baile de graduación" es algún tipo de logro notable.

ETA: Probablemente debería disculparme por mi respuesta, pero esto me ha puesto de muy mal humor. La masculinidad tóxica disfrazada de una especie de verdadera verdad eterna, combinada con la reducción de una mujer a algún tipo de premio en una pelea machista me hace eso. Me dan ganas de golpear el personaje de Connery en la cara. O en otro lugar más significativo. Y eso es algo malo, porque se está inclinando a su nivel.

Grrrrr. Maldita seas por hacerme enojar, Tolya.

Actualmente es así.... pero ese era el discurso de los 90`s...

¡Denle duro al abuelo Connery!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.