Is there a Home Ownership Association that Inspects Linden Homes?

Nexeus Fatale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm asking because I had two people appear on my land while I was in it, sharing a moment with a friend, who claimed they were a part of a Home Ownership Association and performing checks on my Belessarian home property. The question I have is:

1) Is there such a thing

2) If there is, what are their rights onto the Belessarian Home

3) If not, what is my next course of action?

2 minutes ago, Nexeus Fatale said:

I'm asking because I had two people appear on my land while I was in it, sharing a moment with a friend, who claimed they were a part of a Home Ownership Association and performing checks on my Belessarian home property. The question I have is:

1) Is there such a thing

Absolute rubbish.  Only Linden Lab can inspect your property.  Use your security device when you are sharing a moment and keep them out

• Like 8

There is a Homeowners Association group for Bellisseria at least. I don't know about the old homes; 

Bellisseria Homeowners Association: 
"A voluntary cooperative association for the betterment of the Bellisseria region. Let's work together to increase land values and improve the region's aesthetics. The HOA does not participate in enforcement roleplay, nor is the HOA an officially sanctioned LL group."

I'd just ask them to politely leave, and/or boot them next time. Blacklist and/or mute if necessary. They don't have any authority. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Nastasha Szaberwick said:

I'd just ask them to politely leave, and/or boot them next time. Blacklist and/or mute if necessary. They don't have any authority. 

first eject/kick, and than ask .. this absurd self appointed group should be one of the few that should have the possibility to be added to the banlist
[edit]
same as those wannebee police or other self appointed controling idiots.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 11

32 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Arrogant, self-important poseurs.  I'd kick them out and ban them from every place I own.

I actually wish it was put into the covenant or even the TOS that nobody can use the word Bellisseria in any form to create a group and pretend they are official.  A bit like you can't impersonate a Linden and only a Linden or Mole can create a group using that word or any form of that word. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

44 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I actually wish it was put into the covenant or even the TOS that nobody can use the word Bellisseria in any form to create a group and pretend they are official.  A bit like you can't impersonate a Linden and only a Linden or Mole can create a group using that word or any form of that word. 

It's annoying that a Premium account perk is a home in a place where such groups hold sway.  Cliquey as hell.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
5 hours ago, Nastasha Szaberwick said:

There is a Homeowners Association group for Bellisseria at least. I don't know about the old homes; 

Bellisseria Homeowners Association: 
"A voluntary cooperative association for the betterment of the Bellisseria region. Let's work together to increase land values and improve the region's aesthetics. The HOA does not participate in enforcement roleplay, nor is the HOA an officially sanctioned LL group."

Almost the first thing the Covenant says is

- Land cannot be terraformed, sold, deeded to group, joined, or divided. Land can only be set to group.

so how on earth do they propose that people "work together to increase land values" when none of that land can be sold or transferred?

As you suggest, the only people who have any official status in Bellisseria have "Linden" or "Mole" as a last name, and normally the only time we'll inspect something is in response to an AR or a support ticket.      

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Nexeus Fatale said:

Okay, I didn't think I was nuts. I thought I have set up a security device (the linden labs home one...) I'm going to have to recheck it's configuration.

A possible explanation: I think if you have re-rezzed your home after setting up the security system that it needs to be re-set.

• Like 3

It is important to realize that a LH, like any other land you 'buy' or lease in SL, is indeed yours.  You can do what you want to intruders; you are under no obligation to be nice to uninvited guests.  Unless they are real noobs who are new to SL.  My reaction to this sort of thing, perhaps unfortunately, is usually along the lines of

OH YOU WANT TO PLAY???

I can be depended upon to rustle around in my old box of 2006 toys and put down a rug that covers the entire parcel and is a trampoline.  And make a piece of furniture physical and drop it on their head.  Or use a gesture that plays the old 'scatter' anim over and over while playing various obnoxious sounds to completion.  Then playing a gesture that is just the 3 Monty Python questions ("What is your name ...") before ejecting and banning them.  You gotta figure that anyone claiming to represent a HOA deserves whatever they get.  None of this will bother an accomplished griefer, but they are actually kind of rare nowadays, and it gives me a chuckle. 

This behavior can be distressing to one's friends, but I usually say "Excuse me for a moment" in IM to them first!

• Like 5

It's up there with the old days of the "Bellisseria Police". Roleplayers or trolls, usually, but nobody should be popping in to your place uninvited. Certainly give them the boot and/or set up the Linden Security. Usually keeps people away.

• Like 2

I just got this message in world on a parcel I got last night:

[20:04] Jerife Blando HOA Server: This is an automated message from the Jerife Blando Home Owners' Association. HOA Inspectors are being sent to your location for mandatory inspections. Failure to allow them to perform their duties will result in severe repercussions from the Estate, up to and including returning all items on the parcel.

I've blocked the object and its owner, but give me a f'n break. What is with these wannabe cops? With the threat to return all items, they seem to think they are Lindens! (In fact, I'm going to AR while I'm at it!)

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

(In fact, I'm going to AR while I'm at it!)

I would too.  Jerks, that's harassment.  LH's often have newbie residents, easy to get confused by petty griefing like this.  Be tempting to have an alt send the owner a pic of the AR, with INSPECT THIS!  written across it.

• Like 5

Object blocked, owner blocked and banned, AR filed under harassment. I did note in the AR how newer residents might not realize this clown has no power to do anything to their stuff. I hope everyone who gets a message files an AR. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 7

On 4/21/2020 at 6:40 PM, Nexeus Fatale said:

1) Is there such a thing

those two people you encountered are totes fraud, so you can eject them anytime you like ok for the frauds they are

pretty much nobody knows that the Belli Home Inspectors Association is the only legit organisation for this kinda home checking. I know this because I made it up, and pretty much nobody else knows because us legit home inspectors do our work in sekrit. Like we sneak in when nobody is home and rate your home on a scale of 1 to 1. 1 meaning Excellent and the other 1 meaning Excellent as well. Us legit inspectors don't publish our ratings of your home because that is a sekrit as well. And also because we don't want anyone to get miffed were they to find out that their home was rated 1 Excellent and not rated the other 1 Excellent

because sekrit, Is why you can't find us in Search. Annnnd if you do find any group that implies they are belli home inspectors, like them fraudsters you already met, then you can know they are obviously frauds ok. because they never got any belli home inspector badge over their heads from me

ps. by us I mean the royal us, which means ...me, myself and I

😺

• Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

The only power groups have is over themselves.  It's why we are quick to remind folks we arent Lindens and help them to find the resources they need to put in a ticket or fix an issue themselves.  We're neighbors. 

Are you saying that you are a member of that Home Ownership Association group, it is not clear to me from your post.

• Like 2

@Gingir Ghoststar owns the Bellisseria Citizens group, which I am a member of.  Its a very helpful and responsible group, which fully supports Patch Linden and his team of moles.  They provide members with useful information about living in Bellisseria and where they can find additional help, and support if needed.  They also notify members in the group in regards to frauds and trolling, akin to the complaint from the OP of this post thread.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.