Is there a Home Ownership Association that Inspects Linden Homes?

Nexeus Fatale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Hey...we're all on the same side here, remember?  What we have in common is that we love Bellisseria.  Lets try to re-enforce that we can work together to make Bellisseria a more positive experience for all. Hopefully we can all put the naysaying to bed for the rest of this thread.

1_qZCa8LmhTDu-LtlFDwPYvw.gif.b355291fa2fd9f9b80743261d3186b02.gif

Sure. I vote we start by not calling other people "petty", which has been done at least twice in this thread. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

In all fairness, I can understand how @Gingir Ghoststar assumed the Belli group was being swiped at. They do get swiped at and accused of favoritism, cliquishness, Linden favorites, etc. in several threads.

I'm a largely inactive member, but I think its a great group and I commend them for all they do.

There's plenty of room in Belli for all of us - except for the fake inspectors. Next thing, they'll ask for tax!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I remember one Mole (I can't recall which one) actually saying that if someone did not feel comfortable with taking an active part in the Belli community then perhaps Belli was not for them.  That's outrageous.  Residency is a perk for all Premium members.  If some are being told they don't actually belong then this is discrimination.  It's not as though we can swap residency for another perk, although I'd be happy to consider it if it were an option.

It was actually Patch that said it, and he did not say it the way that you're presenting it here, or at all maliciously. What he said was:

"I'm going to remind once again, reduced capabilities on these homes is a feature.  If you desire that level of freedom, then perhaps you have outgrown the Linden Homes product."
- Patch Linden

I have never had a quarrel with you Garnet. Just getting the statement right. I also don't believe that Gingir was referring to you, but I don't know that for a fact. JMO.

• Like 5

"We're neighbors."

That's a very nice statement about Bellessaria -- ALL of Bellessaria, not just a portion of it or some group.  I like it.  🙂  It's why Bellessaria works.  It's why the Mainland, where that's not usually the sentiment, is dying.  I need a "Howdy, neighbor!" flag.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Honey Crisp said:

It was actually Patch that said it, and he did not say it the way that you're presenting it here, or at all maliciously. What he said was:

"I'm going to remind once again, reduced capabilities on these homes is a feature.  If you desire that level of freedom, then perhaps you have outgrown the Linden Homes product."
- Patch Linden

I have never had a quarrel with you Garnet. Just getting the statement right. I also don't believe that Gingir was referring to you, but I don't know that for a fact. JMO.

Thank you for trying, Honey, but that wasn't the comment, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't Patch.  It was definitely about taking part in a community.  I'll try to find it.

Editing to add that I don't enjoy having to go through all this again but the problem remains and will resurface; I can withdraw from such a discussion, and probably will, but others will still speak up.

For the first time in all my SL life I've actually been considering going basic.  There are many beautiful areas in Bellisseria that make it attractive as a second place to live, but I don't need a home there.  I can also live without the other premium perks, so I'll see how things go.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

The first few original posts had statements like no groups should be allowed Bellisseria in their names

I said that and if you go back to page 1 and read it again I have not edited anything. It is still my opininion which I am allowed to have.  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I remember one Mole (I can't recall which one) actually saying that if someone did not feel comfortable with taking an active part in the Belli community then perhaps Belli was not for them. 

Forgive me for saying so, but your recollection, unaided by a contemporaneous note, of what you think you remember one of the Moles saying at some point in the past, though you can't actually remember who that Mole might have been, may not be quite as an authoritative source of factual information about LL's policies as you seem to think it is. 

Was anyone with you at the time who might remember the incident, or have you asked Patch or any other Lindens or Moles whether this is, in fact, LDPW's official attitude?

Edited by Anton Catesby
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Anton Catesby said:

Forgive me for saying so, but your recollection, unaided by a contemporaneous note, of what you think you remember one of the Moles saying at some point in the past, though you can't actually remember who that Mole might have been, may not be quite as an authoritative source of factual information about LL's policies as you seem to think it is. 

Was anyone with you at the time who might remember the incident?

i bet you'r the groups lawyer ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

"We're neighbors."

That's a very nice statement about Bellessaria -- ALL of Bellessaria, not just a portion of it or some group.  I like it.  🙂  It's why Bellessaria works.  It's why the Mainland, where that's not usually the sentiment, is dying.  I need a "Howdy, neighbor!" flag.

"*knock knock knock* Howdy neighbor, can I borrow a cup of sugar?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Anton Catesby said:

Was anyone with you at the time who might remember the incident, or have you asked Patch or any other Lindens or Moles whether this is, in fact, LDPW's official attitude?

I did not say it was "an authoritative source of factual information about LL's policies" and therefore have not asked whether it is so.  I said that I recall one Mole telling a resident that, in effect, if they did not wish to play an active role in the community then Belli might not be for them.  I did say "If some are being told they don't actually belong then this is discrimination".  I left room for doubt.  I am more careful to be precise than, apparently, you believe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i bet you'r the groups lawyer ...

No, but before I retired I worked in the the criminal justice system, and am very familiar with the distinction between what someone remembers happening and what actually did happen, since I've heard so many completely independent, honest and truthful witnesses describe, in detail and on oath, events that didn't actually take place.

Similarly, I've learned by hard experience that, when I'm being told something at all important, or telling it to someone else, that it's prudent to ensure that both of us properly understand what the other one is saying, and to make a note of it, so I'm sure I remember the details of what we've agreed, because I've all too often found myself in one of those situations where what one of us thinks we said isn't what the other one thinks he or she heard.

Memory alone isn't reliable.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Anton Catesby said:

Similarly, I've learned by hard experience that, when I'm being told something at all important, or telling it to someone else, that it's prudent to ensure that both of us properly understand what the other one is saying

I trust you have now understood what I was saying.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

It's not as though we can swap residency for another perk, although I'd be happy to consider it if it were an option.

You most certainly can - you can use the included tier for land elsewhere on Mainland instead of a Linden Home.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

You most certainly can - you can use the included tier for land elsewhere on Mainland instead of a Linden Home.

I was thinking of something other than land, and have no need for a second home anywhere, but I thank you for the prompt to clarification.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.