Is there a Home Ownership Association that Inspects Linden Homes?

Nexeus Fatale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

@Gingir Ghoststar owns the Bellisseria Citizens group, which I am a member of.  Its a very helpful and responsible group, which fully supports Patch Linden and his team of moles.  They provide members with useful information about living in Bellisseria and where they can find additional help, and support if needed.  They also notify members in the group in regards to frauds and trolling, akin to the complaint from the OP of this post thread.

All red alerts for a clique are on for that group.
Its in nothing different than any HOA group .. quite some pretenting wannabees throwing themselve up as "leader" or "vip"

We all support LL for the job they are doing, not just one group.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

@Gingir Ghoststar owns the Bellisseria Citizens group, which I am a member of.  Its a very helpful and responsible group, which fully supports Patch Linden and his team of moles.  They provide members with useful information about living in Bellisseria and where they can find additional help, and support if needed.  They also notify members in the group in regards to frauds and trolling, akin to the complaint from the OP of this post thread.

23 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Its in nothing different than any HOA group .. quite some pretenting wannabees throwing themselve up as "leader" or "vip"

Hmm, being that the group has over 4500 members, I'd hardly tag it a 'clique'. Its also open for anyone to join. Again, doesn't fit a clique. And being that an HOA makes and enforces rules for the properties and their residents, non of which this group does and even presents that it does, again, this does not fit the tag of a clique nor an HOA. I've been in the group for almost a year now and its been a very inclusive and positive experience.  I understand that joining groups is not something that everyone wishes to participate in and not everyone has a positive experience, all that aside...

Instead of presenting a downbeat, Alwin, I'd rather reinforce the positive side of groups and people that wish to offer help, entertainment, knowledge and further contribute to Bellisseria; can we stay focused on the OP's topic here about a trolling Home Owners Association group griefing residents of Bellisseria, please?

And yes, many of us support LL, the Bellisseria development team and many of the supporting groups of Bellisseria, that offer something more positive for their members, assisting them to enjoy their time and experience in Bellisseria.

• Like 6

• Administrators

Hey there!

So just to reaffirm what has already been stated here, the only people who have any authority in regards to enforcing what is and isn't allowed in a Linden Home area are Linden Lab Employees and the Moles. Now if you're just trying to be a friendly neighbor and giving someone a gentle nudge of "Heeeyy, so I noticed you have this giant 20 foot tall Spork in your yard, you might want to remove that before a Linden finds it. Oh you don't know about the covenant? Here have a casserole and I'll show you where to find it!", then that's fine. 

If there are people going around acting in what appears to be some sort of official capacity "inspecting" homes and they are not a Linden or a Mole, feel free to block/mute and use any other tools available to you to prevent them from accessing your home. Please also file an AR if the behavior persists, or if you are being threatened with "action" or "fines" for "violations", and we will take a look. (Man that was a lot of quotations!"

giphy.gif

Big thanks to everyone who has already filed ARs! We are investigating and will continue to investigate similar reports of this nature.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 13

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Are you saying that you are a member of that Home Ownership Association group, it is not clear to me from your post.

No. I'm not. I get it, not everyone wants to be part of the Bellisseria Citizens group,  we're not forcing anyone to join. We're also not preventing anyone from creating their own group.  There is room enough in Bellisseria for all the groups. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

We're an open group. We have around 4500 members. We don't force anyone to join.

What we do: 

We do encourage people to read the covenant and we do encourage people to either message their neighbors in a polite manner if they feel they want to discuss an issue they have or to just file an AR and let the Lindens sort it out, the same as the Lindens have suggested multiple times here.

We have a headquarters where we offer free gifts to EVERYONE that are made by residents within Bellisseria.

We have a calendar where we have gathered with permission, any group calendars of events so that residents have an easier time of finding fun things to do.

We offer building classes.

We offer tips.

We do movie nights.

We sometimes host events for EVERYONE at the fairgrounds.

We enjoy throwing parties for Everyone.

We work alongside MULTIPLE other groups to host events and parties.

We do our best to help people before referring them on to LL if it's an issue we cannot help them solve. 

We are inclusive of all SL walks of life. 

We all chat.

We shop.

We live.

We're just a chat group. 

What we don't do:

We don't get involved in personal issues. 

We don't police homes. 

We don't police decor. 

We don't tell anyone that we have any sort of control over anything outside of our own chat group rules. 

We don't support bashing of the Lindens or Moles. 

We don't let people call each other names. 

We don't allow trolling of ANYONE. 

We don't accuse people of being "cliques" simply because we have nothing better to do. 

Edited by Gingir Ghoststar
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

No. I'm not. I get it, not everyone wants to be part of the Bellisseria Citizens group,  we're not forcing anyone to join. We're also not preventing anyone from creating their own group.  There is room enough in Bellisseria for all the groups. 

You said nothing about what group you posted on behalf of in your post here. You said "we" and "our group" like you represented that Home Association Group.

It isn't granted that people know who you are and what group you represent, even if you had 10 000 members.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You said nothing about what group you posted on behalf of in your post here. You said "we" and "our group" like you represented that Home Association Group.

It isn't granted that people know who you are and what group you represent, even if you had 10 000 members.

10 000! Let's start a group for Bellisserians and charge people to join! 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You obviously missed the post right above that. Why do you people in this forum have to be so freaking petty? I just don't get it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Honey Crisp said:

You obviously missed the post right above that. Why do you people in this forum have to be so freaking petty? I just don't get it.

She's not attacking anyone. Her point is valid, and there is no need to call names.

ETA: The post "right above" the one Marianne originally quoted was mine. It had nothing to do with the in world group. At all.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Sure, as if much of this thread wasn't thinly veiled swipes at the Citizens group in general and every other Bellisseria centric group out there.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Sure, as if much of this thread wasn't thinly veiled swipes at the Citizens group in general and every other Bellisseria centric group out there.

I suggest that you read it again. No one mention Bellisseria Citizens group. No one has said that the ones who roleplayed they were from a homeowners' association had anything to do with your group. There has been people roleplaying police that pretend to have some power to dictate others. These HOA pretenders are just a new version of that. I will not have some strangers come to my house, my parcel and roleplay something that gives them entertainment. I am not going with that.

Now I understand why you said "we" and "our group". You thought it was about Bellisseria Citizens, so you did not have to type the name. And that everyone else understood it was about Bellisseria Citizens, but it was not.

I, for one, had not thought about that group at all before you posted the first time. I can see the difference between griefers groups and people who have groups that does not bother people.

• Like 6

Gingir, I love what Belli Citizens does for community-building, but this response puzzles me.  I see only one post in this thread critical of Belli Citizens, and the people who added a "Like" emoji to it I'm pretty sure were "liking" the 2nd statement in that post, that we all support the Lindens and Moles.  Altho I'm betting that Marianne recognized your name, her question as to whether you were also a member of the HOA group strikes me as a sincere, simple request for clarification.

I don't see any other Belli groups mentioned. 

I'm not expecting you to respond, I just want to reassure you that there is no forum cabal ganging up on you or Belli Citizens. 

/me pours Margaritas for everyone.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Gingir, I love what Belli Citizens does for community-building, but this response puzzles me.  I see only one post in this thread critical of Belli Citizens, and the people who added a "Like" emoji to it I'm pretty sure were "liking" the 2nd statement in that post, that we all support the Lindens and Moles.  Altho I'm betting that Marianne recognized your name, her question as to whether you were also a member of the HOA group strikes me as a sincere, simple request for clarification.

I'm not expecting you to respond, I just want to reassure you that there is no forum cabal ganging up on you or Belli Citizens. 

Thank you for confirming I am not the only one confused by the bizarre direction this thread took. It sure looked to me like we were all discussing the phony HOA group when this whole second page suddenly became all about defending the honor of a group that no one (OK, one person) was talking about. I almost got a whiplash from that turn!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Several edits in does change things. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Actually, I had no idea, Gingr Ghoststar were just a name. I wanted to be sure if she posted for the homeowners' association group before I jumped to the wrong conclusion. She said nothing about what group she posted for. Just "we" and "our group". I found the wording in the post odd.

If GG was posting for the HOA low-key griefer group, I would post exactly what I meant about that and its members. But I waited, to let her reply first.

I was in the Bellisseria Citizens group but had group chat muted almost all the time, I did not pay attention to names. I do not read profiles to find out more about the poster. I let the post speak for itself.

The last post on the page 1 was the first time Bellisseria Citizens was mentioned in this thread.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

And what edits would that be? I have not edited my posts. if you imply that Bellisseria Citizens was mentioned before your post, you should prove it.

The first few original posts had statements like no groups should be allowed Bellisseria in their names, along with shady remarks about clique groups and being forced into them. Along with this being the about same  3 or 4 people that are always quick to jump on how groups as large as Bellisseria Citizens should be only Linden ran and the perpetual petty comments about how they're forced to join groups for info , it's not that hard to piece together.  Deleted comments and edits do change the outlook. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

The first few original posts had statements like no groups should be allowed Bellisseria in their names, along with shady remarks about clique groups and being forced into them. Along with this being the about same  3 or 4 people that are always quick to jump on how groups as large as Bellisseria Citizens should be only Linden ran and the perpetual petty comments about how they're forced to join groups for info , it's not that hard to piece together.  Deleted comments and edits do change the outlook. 

Assuming you're including me in that comment, my earlier remark was about the home-checking group.  It's all too easy for people to set themselves up in a nonsense group called "Bellisseria" something and because of that word make residents believe they have power.  This is what happens when the Belli name can be used by people other than Lindens and Moles.

Having said that, and I presume this is what you're largely getting at here, I do have an objection to the way the Citizens' group has acquired a special status in that Lindens and Moles address members in it in a way they do not elsewhere; I've said this more than once.  This can make those who don't want to join it feel they have a lesser value as residents.  Those of the same opinion are not 'petty' for having such an objection, furthermore I do not believe the number of such comments has been 'perpetual'.

I remember one Mole (I can't recall which one) actually saying that if someone did not feel comfortable with taking an active part in the Belli community then perhaps Belli was not for them.  That's outrageous.  Residency is a perk for all Premium members.  If some are being told they don't actually belong then this is discrimination.  It's not as though we can swap residency for another perk, although I'd be happy to consider it if it were an option.

You may feel the group does nothing wrong but I can tell you it feels quite alien to some, perhaps many.  This, I think, is a cultural matter that is not easy to resolve.

I have no idea whether you are thinking of me when you mention edits; spell out what you think has changed, so that those whom you have in mind can defend themselves.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hey...we're all on the same side here, remember?  What we have in common is that we love Bellisseria.  Lets try to re-enforce that we can work together to make Bellisseria a more positive experience for all. Hopefully we can all put the naysaying to bed for the rest of this thread.

1_qZCa8LmhTDu-LtlFDwPYvw.gif.b355291fa2fd9f9b80743261d3186b02.gif

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Hey...we're all on the same side here, remember?  What we have in common is that we love Bellisseria.  Lets try to re-enforce that we can work together to make Bellisseria a more positive experience for all. Hopefully we can all put the naysaying to bed for the rest of this thread.

1_qZCa8LmhTDu-LtlFDwPYvw.gif.b355291fa2fd9f9b80743261d3186b02.gif

I really cannot think of a way to respond adequately to that just now.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.