Bellisserian's share your photos & anecdotes for our 1 year anniversary here!

PrudenceAnton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the date approaches and we get ready to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of Bellisseria, we invite all of you to share your own pictures, anecdotes and many more things to this post. Let's celebrate together!  *tiny note to hide the embarrassment - It seems according to Patch's post, the anniversary is on April 15th, not the 17th.  Being that the video takes 5 hours to export, upload and process, we'll just call it SL lag that affected the date* 😲

910271646_BellisseriaAnniversary.thumb.png.a030d5f80965871e1b2dbd455117bd1f.png
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Still photo arty by:  Elora Lunasea

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

In the beginning there was an odd script error when you touched the walls (EVERY release has had some bugs!)

[2019/05/23 16:17]  Beth Macbain: <slurl for Boaty McBoatface>
[2019/05/23 16:17]  Second Life: User not online - message will be stored and delivered later.

15 minutes later, a puff of smoke, and suddenly he was there on my boat holding a giant pickle.

[2019/05/23 16:32]  Quartz Mole: Hi... do you want me to come back later?
[2019/05/23 16:32]  Beth Macbain: Nooooooo!

Eight minutes later, he and his giant pickle were gone.

[2019/05/23 16:40]  Beth Macbain: I am so, so, so sorry I was in lingerie! I didn't think you'd come by tonight! ABSOLUTELY MORTIFIED... lol! But thank you!
[2019/05/23 16:40]  Second Life: User not online - message will be stored and delivered later.

In my defense it was night. When I got the offline I never imagined he'd log back in. I had no idea that Moles work pretty much 24/7.

But, oh, I was instantly smitten! I was swooning!  And embarrassed! He never responded to my apology! I wanted to crawl under my boat and die!

I found out a later that something was wonky with his graphics and he couldn't see me, much less the lingerie, and that's why he was so quiet and maybe a little bit awkward and I had been living in shame for no reason.

93444599_MeetingMr_Mole.thumb.png.016e196f0569bb198d209fe5fe265549.png

Someday, @Quartz Mole... someday you will love me

• Like 9
  • Haha 8

Opening day was definitely a milestone for SL and one of my best virtual days ever. Folks were IMing neighbors, seeing folks they sort of "knew" and coming by to say hello. Excitement was in the air.  We lost some of that first day community spirit over time -- likely because it is more difficult to feel connected as places grow into megalopolises :D. Or maybe I am just a small town girl and it is only me that feels that way.  

Anyway, not a day that will be forgotten.

1252426618_lindenhomesmovinin.thumb.jpg.901525fec450aeb2eb54360876aa3f43.jpg

• Like 13

cae8536efe351bd40a20c3afc3a0d791.gif

Our first sail in Bellisseria!  It didn't last very long as we got tangled in some banlines which were an option only the first two days.  In the first release there were no public Rez Zones so we could only sail till we crashed... then start over 🤣  Within a day people were opening  their homes to allow public rezzing with a short object return interval and the spirit of this amazing community blossomed.

5971ecc182a0fc51cd5a185c48626d94.jpg

• Like 10

Edit: Not sure why images are not loading. Will attempt to fix.

Oh, where to begin....

July 26, 2019: The Day of the Molequakes, when houses randomly sunk... 

0971a-1034743f-5c87-45b3-8eec-27d99d1ece

August 21, 2019: The Day of the Tornado, when a few regions were wiped clean of landscaping, roads, and furniture:

09815-8c620ddb-5d1a-475a-9feb-916499ed16

August 9, 2019: The day Patch said he would TP us to the SSP regions to have a peek, and sent us to the Cornfield instead...

09809-e85fcb84-051b-4362-84ea-99d74c40ef

Edited by Hendrix Portal
  • Like 4
  • Haha 9

6 minutes ago, Hendrix Portal said:

August 9, 2019: The day Patch said he would TP us to the SSP regions to have a peek, and sent us to the Cornfield instead...

I always wondered why you all went to the Cornfield that day (but I was reluctant to ask 😉) !!  You were tricked !! 🤣

• Haha 5

I was so happy when I got my first Bellisseria home in a region I still can't spell or pronounce without looking it up, but it was on the river!

River Watching

And then in early July the Bellisseria Fairgrounds opened to its very first event. The place was packed and we couldn't get in, but we listened to the stream and had our own little party in Whiskey Bay with Doc, Bjoyful and Hunneydumpling on our paddle streamer, Huckleberry.

JulyFest (2)

JulyFest (1)JulyFest (3)

• Like 13

While sorting through my pictures, I came across one I think is funny.  This was a few months after Bellisseria opened, and there were a lot of people searching for homes, as a result we had a temporary homeless population that would set up tents and hang out at a variety of areas.  I was never part of the movement, and only saw them a couple of times, but they had their own group.  I think it was "Homeless Bellisseria", and I stumbled upon them while out exploring 🙂

homeless.png

• Like 14

Here is another one, this is just before they released the Squishy Pickle, we were all lined up on the ocean, trying to get a look at what all the moles were doing.  I think at the time they were at war with one another 😃

1042291150_ezgif.com-video-to-gif(1).gif.f920a2a8d13d3827487d6fc03fe67498.gif

Edit: 

Now that I think of it, I think I added the flames and dino 😅

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 3
  • Haha 11

The seafloor around early Bellisseria was...

fc57df3b1644075ba18be89e7d855f10.png

The Mer community's  concerns inspired many Bellisserians to devote some precious LI to adding some undersea interest ♥💦

e259fadb9ad6a37a51d5518b1fc598ea.gif

Patch and the Lindens and Moles on his team listened and watched...  Then they made this: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Picards Wharf/45/235/14 🥰... and MOAR!  We quickly learned to look for unusual marks on the World Map 🧐

• Like 15

I first arrived in Belli last May. As a 12 year long resident of Second Life, I was thrilled to hear that LL had brought a brand new community to the grid. It took until July for me to get my first home which at times, created a little frustration. But, it also opened up many new friendships for me as it gave me the time to really explore the lands of Belli. To roam around, seeing all the creativity of the residents moving in. And of course, to make new introductions and some strong and unique friendships that I hope will last for years to come! 

To those of us that have been on the grid for let's say ten-twelve years plus, I can tell you, without question... That the birth of Bellisseria truly brought back a "sense of community and belonging" that had long since vanished for many of us roaming the grid. People here seemed somehow more accepting, more caring, willing to share a laugh with a total stranger, open up their homes for others to come and witness their imagination and it's limitless bounds within this virtual space. Bellisseria was truly a gift to its residents in so many ways, I am not sure I could even list them all here... 

My first home/houseboat @ Brodovima located a hop, skip and a jump from the original Squishy Pickle ♥

Poolside_001

An early days, "Flaming guitar" pickle party!

Sunday Beach Party with Doc and B!!

Rediscovering my love for the sea in the beautiful, mostly calm (lol) waters of Bellisseria

Mermaids Song

And of course .. To forming some of the most unique and wonderful friendships a gal could ask for. (Yes that is in fact a hamster, who had decided that my bed, no longer belonged to me)!

Varihamster

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Look I was young (a year ago) and needed carrots and that woman (points with ma little paw at the Krys hooman) said that it was for science, she lured me into her gypsy wagon with the promise of carrots. Diz is her in the piccie below (da Krys hooman) looking a beet shady now that I think of it yet kinda pretty for a hooman, she said "there iz carrots inside", and I happily ran on ma little feet inside (tap tap tap) then the door slammed shut behind me.

Krys.thumb.jpg.94739c6baabc391770cf8c65fa6cf2fe.jpg

Disclaimer: This is a joke btw nothing bad happened to the hamster we know each other. :) 

Edited by Varistentia Varriale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 14

The Animal Sanctuary Reopening Party at second location (this is at the end there were lots more hoomans and animals during the event):

Belli Animal Sanctuary Reopening Party.jpg

This picture was taken by someone at the party it pretty much sums up the vibe:

Belli Animal Sanctuary Reopening Party 2.png

The Animal Sanctuary is now located at a new third location stand by for another parteh soon...

Edited by Varistentia Varriale
  • Like 14
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

Look I was young (a year ago) and needed carrots and that woman (points with ma little paw at the Krys hooman) said that it was for science, she lured me into her gypsy wagon with the promise of carrots. Diz is her in the piccie below (da Krys hooman) looking a beet shady now that I think of it yet kinda pretty for a hooman, she said "there iz carrots inside", and I happily ran on ma little feet inside (tap tap tap) then the door slammed shut behind me.

Krys.thumb.jpg.94739c6baabc391770cf8c65fa6cf2fe.jpg

Disclaimer: This is a joke btw nothing bad happened to the hamster we know each other. :) 

Ok I MAY have accidentally closed the door on you... But it was to keep you safe and maybe also a little bit for science as well. xx

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.