Bellisserian's share your photos & anecdotes for our 1 year anniversary here!

PrudenceAnton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was amazed and so happy with how many people came out for the first Bellisseria Pride Parade:

Pride

I have so many memories of this last year to cherish of so many people coming together to support and cheer each other on. It's been a long trip since the day, last April, I took a video to show my wife (who was at work) the home I landed for us. Back then the video showed a vast undeveloped space behind the eastern coast of upper Bellisseria. Then I was just happy to land such a beautiful beachy spot for us to share. It'd been a long time since I felt a sense of warm social spirit in SL & I would occasionally look wistfully at photos of my wedding to her done with friends from the club we started waaay back when. I never expected to feel that way in SL again, honestly. But the Bellisserian community has grown and thrived and become something wholly new and wonderful in SL.   

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 20

I don't have a photo, and I do hope he comes back this year, but gargantuan rainbow Magellan Linden at the fairgrounds for Pride Month was awesome. I'm sure someone has pics of him.

One of my very favorite moments was out exploring early Bellisseria on horseback when this tiny little demon stomped up to me and poked my horse with her pitchfork.

Madeline.thumb.jpg.7cc7a2c25ab352255dda28dfb82a2244.jpg

Meeting @Madelaine McMasters was definitely a highlight... and she didn't even set me on fire!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Kitten Kaos said:

and at our housewarming on the beach Joy gave a magic cookie to a Squirrel and you all know how that turned out

Don't forget the horse in the bathtub incident it's very possible that someone gave that horse something *tries to look innocent.

Edited by Varistentia Varriale
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

"The Squishy Pickle" and surrounding area before release (May 13, 2019):

jgAmcZr.png

Dance party @ Bellisseria Bay as we watched the moles work on what is now the regions of Gallaudet, Fofita, Penitent Beach, and Cape Lively (June 12th, 2019):

Tvkwfg9.png

After waiting what seemed like forever, the land bridge to the Victorian homes was opened and we got to hang out with Patch and the Moles while we cammed around the area (December 16th, 2019):

E1ey3nu.png

Edited by DanielS Bluebird
  • Like 18

On July 21st, 2019, Bellis Blues Cafe opened its door to the  public.

Bellis Blues Cafe front

As soon as the notice went out, people tp'd in and one of them was Dj Shamu. We had ourselves an impromptu party that evening. What a great time! 
We're still here and after the anniversary celebration parties, we'll be hosting Djs again at the blues cafe.  😉

Impromptu Party!

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Remembering and appreciating the contributions of the Bellisseria Community group.  Here are a couple of photo memories I had that were special to me.

The Bellisseria Community exhibit from SL16B...

1126452708_BellisseriaSquirrelatSL16B.thumb.jpg.b688540742e54df01ce66bc2f217d96d.jpg

Also we had a wonderful 4th of July celebration at the Bellisseria fairgrounds with fireworks provided for by Patch Linden...

1085551584_Eva4thofJuly_012.thumb.jpg.954efecdd6abbc369228b92ebb416378.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

We rowed around the Continent almost every day and on May 15 the waters were a LOT more crowded than usual shown on my Mini-map on the east side of the Main Continent.

8e82c9435852528a71fbd5a0fda96aaf.png

Then LOTS of blue dots started appearing on our side of the water on my Mini-Map...

8713943ccf788494412275a25f864737.png

When Patch said it was okay we took off for the Squishy Pickle to welcome the new Houseboat owners!  Doc put on his wearable DJ Decks and we listened to him spinning tunes over his Stream in our Browsers because we had no land rights to put the Stream in the Land, "Pirate radio" style!  Doc saw some of the Lindens and Moles appear near the Pickle Hut and we were a little worried we were going to get sent home! 😉  What a relief when they joined us and we all celebrated together!   What a feeling! 🥰:D♫ 

Here is a blurry gif of that very first Pickle Party...

41dda9c16e92870a5fe418f3ee7c42ce.gif 

• Like 17

This is what I remember about Bellisseria's opening days:

image.png.ac85b665c60e0e00fd4bc1e2457a7b4f.png

The Houseboats were actually gone in roughly 12 hours, though it did take just under 48 for all the Traditionals to also get claimed.

Followed by tons and tons of these threads:

image.png.854d2b7a29ec60b92c5edd1aec94bbc4.png

Which led to the creation of this thread -- which ultimately had 29 pages of comments.

image.png.c969d3c4e4046ffffb97dadb1aa04a4f.png

Which eventually led to this thread -- that we still refer people to:

image.png.5389c8c734354fd1ad0bd3ee98680794.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 15

In early September we opened Sgt. Pepperoni's Pizzeria!

Sgt. Pepperoni's Pizzeria River view

We launched with a Coyote Ugly Party on the river!

Coyote Ugly bar dancing

A certain Linden mouse even joined the partying, turning some heads as he kicked up his heels on the bar top!

Patch and his Coyote Ugly dance girls

But man, could that mouse party with the best of 'em!

Kickin' It

Sgt. Pepperoni's Pizzeria finally closed its doors, packed up and relocated into the front of Bellis Blues Cafe!  Pizza delivery anyone? 😘

Patch helps rock the party

• Like 15

A whole year. It doesn't seem that long.

I got my house in Reeds Landing the first day, and it still isn't fully furnished.

I originally had it set as a rez zone, and put up a Drivers of SL sign and a motorcycle rezzer. That was back when there were few or no LL rez zones.

• Like 6

Snagging a houseboat, finally.  Wanting to be near a lighthouse, but there's none in sight.  So, I built my own.  Decided to go with a rough waters theme, even flooding the deck.  And made sure to make use of the sea bed for decorating underwater. 

HB1.thumb.jpg.c2210f07b063a9437f457e717df06b5d.jpg

HB2.thumb.jpg.d09a0887e52db80e4c73e50ff4bec8a9.jpg

HB7.thumb.jpg.1baea4a23b7fa45e4b91cd2c06ad383f.jpg

hb6.thumb.jpg.19e08d4bb7a346a74e2b8e2ba552011b.jpg

HB5.thumb.jpg.3b0a79a16f8456fb4a105e38d8ae3c13.jpg

HB8.thumb.jpg.95ba0ff5b5c56a1f3fd7da31f592b4cf.jpg

• Like 7

Asking folks in the When Was The Last Time You Saw A Bellisseria Home thread to post slurl's from OUTSIDE of the parcel, instead of within, so as to avoid folks teleporting to the new owner's living room, sex dungeon, or, well, under the stairs:

822789234_UndertheStairs.thumb.png.efbf1cc83fb09d6206a0ffb8a498f960.png

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.