Make Us Laugh!

The booms seldom bother my cats, but my dogs always hated tonight.  I had a great pyrenees mix once that would come running to the office, work his way into the cramped leg space under the desk, and then put his nose on my lap and just do a low whine.  I felt so sorry for him.  We would often turn the radio or TV up really loud to help block the noise, but he could still hear it even when we couldn't.

• Like 1

We have what seems like storms just starting right above our town.. All day it's been clear and perfect.. then out of nowhere storms are forming above our town..

The thing that is scary is people are blowing off like, pretty good sized fireworks..

Don't explosions attract lightning? isn't that how they test those lightning strikes in Florida?

people are getting gaps in the rain, then running out and firing things off..

If I feel a really loud shake that shakes the world..I'll let you guys know the theory seems sound..hehehehehe

On 7/5/2020 at 5:43 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

Oh, it's Old People jokes now?  All righty, then!

Sadly, it's not only the old that struggle with their faculties. Remembering when I was around 30 and I was in denial about needing spectacles. One day I was walking with my then husband down a long road, and saw this cute black cat. I was going "ch ch ch ch here puss", only to be told by my husband that it was a black bin bag sitting next to a wheelie bin and not actually a cat! 

Another time, I saw my friend Eileen across the road, and I shouted "EILEEN" and was waving madly.  Eileen gave me a hesitant wave and then walked across the road to me, and I realised it was not Eileen but a complete stranger!!!

I got spectacles soon after that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Sadly, it's not only the old that struggle with their faculties. Remembering when I was around 30 and I was in denial about needing spectacles. One day I was walking with my then husband down a long road, and saw this cute black cat. I was going "ch ch ch ch here puss", only to be told by my husband that it was a black bin bag sitting next to a wheelie bin and not actually a cat! 

Another time, I saw my friend Eileen across the road, and I shouted "EILEEN" and was waving madly.  Eileen gave me a hesitant wave and then walked across the road to me, and I realised it was not Eileen but a complete stranger!!!

I got spectacles soon after that.

That is also how you meet skunks and make new friends, once they figure out you are not nuts but merely lost your prejudice of sight.

• Thanks 1