Anyone encountered really mean people on here?

Axel UwU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

With the amount of "afk" sex places and beaches around lately, a lot of mentally challenged guys are taking ANY "afk" typing as..."I'm shy, so I'll pretend not be here while you fk me ok?"! It's all pretty sad but if that's how he thinks then you did good to get rid of him. (You can also avoid such predicaments by buying PG furniture and not ADULT furniture.)

I understand what you are trying to say. AFK Places are fine with me. They are very clear any every woman knows what she is getting if she stays at such a place. No hote.

BUT it was my house and my furniture. I do not have to restrict myself with the type of furniture (and a lot of time you dont have PC AND adult buy options). I wont restrict myself in sl. Its not the middle east. I have to be sure, with a man in my friendslist, of a civil country, that such things can not happen. Even if i would be sitting nacked at a bdsm toy. 

bdw it was a chair from "what next" very cute and none sexual.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Kokoro Swansong said:

I wont restrict myself in sl.

Nor should you or anyone have to. I was just trying to point out that for some, the essence of this virtual world is all about sex and some men are incapable of thinking every situation is an opportunity to get it! Anyway, he was a pr1ck and you're well rid of him. Hopefully you find better friends in future.  🙂

• Like 2

On 3/16/2020 at 2:34 AM, Axelfoxthefoxyfluff said:

I mean like toxic people who don't seem to know or care that when they are acting mean, that they are hurting real people with how they act.

The forums abound with them. If you're having trouble noticing them after two weeks I'll point them out.

"Mean" is in the eye of the beholder.

Recently a Dinkie fellow asked me if now that I, too, had a Dinkie avatar, was I going to stop being "mean".  You wonder when someone asks something like this, which is like the proverbial "When did you stop beating your wife?" if they actually think you will prostrate yourself at their feet in contrition and say "Oh, sowwwy I was so mean!". 

But that's ridiculous on the face of it.

And my answer is and always will be, "I am not going to change anything about what I do, and your notion of 'mean' is entirely skewed, so if being a Dinkie means conforming to your sectarian notions of right and wrong, I guess I'll have to be a rebel Dinkie then".

This fellow thought I was "mean" because I criticized the large, view-blocking and sometimes unsightly builds of the game GTFO which is ubiquitous on the mainland. There was a claque of fanboyz and fangirlz flogging the GTFO line who couldn't bear anyone saying anything the slightest critical about their revenue-generating business and game, even if it was first qualified by saying it was a great thing to give people "something to do," and encouraged building skills and planning, and I even rent land to people playing this game. There was endless crazy debate about this topic as there always is on the forums because of the few commandeering it with bad-faith notions and bullying, but I push back, and so should you.

I was only proven right in my judgements when I caught yet another one of these characters in the act of cutting up and selling ad farms. Sigh.

If "mean" is expressing a legitimate opinion (legitimate meaning you get to have it, even if someone else disagrees), and opinion that is in fact fact-based and shared by others, on and off the forums, then so be it, I'm happy to be mean until the cows come home.

SL tends to have a horrid little elitist yet crass and anti-intellectual society running things at times and you need to oppose this to keep the space of freedom open, such as it is in an authoritarian virtual world run by a company, which isn't a democracy with free press and independent judiciary and the rule of law.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

On 3/16/2020 at 1:34 AM, Axelfoxthefoxyfluff said:

I mean like toxic people who don't seem to know or care that when they are acting mean, that they are hurting real people with how they act.

There are a lot of people both on the forums and inworld that act like this. anyone that claims there isnt is just a fool.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Please, at least your toes! I'm getting stubble burn when I kiss your feets.

Mademoiselle Cake (if I might be so bold), I resent the imputation that my toes are anything other than smooth as silk and beautifully contoured, shaped, and pedicured. (The latter, at least, is more than we can say about some others present).

Kissing them is a sensual pleasure and privilege granted to but a few of the Chosen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Mademoiselle Cake (if I might be so bold), I resent the imputation that my toes are anything other than smooth as silk and beautifully contoured, shaped, and pedicured. (The latter, at least, is more than we can say about some others present).

Kissing them is a sensual pleasure and privilege granted to but a few of the Chosen.

And you are defining a chosen few as? 

image.png.b294785ad8ddc3ce9cff750d4d80903b.png

And slander! Lies!

image.png.613023b72f603b03071b36db0f37162c.png

Ya can't out catty a cat...

image.png.e34b9a7e7b9958f46d1a15f292a78807.png

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

There are a lot of people both on the forums and inworld that act like this. anyone that claims there isnt is just a fool.

Depends on what you mean by a lot. It's a matter of perception. How many? Even encountering one such person is more than enough for some people.  Others focus on the many  other peeps who are not mean, and their perception is that yeah, there are some meanies, but there are so many good, nice, interesting people  why let one (or a few) bad apple spoil things?  There are many days when I don't encounter any meanness at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Depends on what you mean by a lot. It's a matter of perception. How many? Even encountering one such person is more than enough for some people.  Others focus on the many  other peeps who are not mean, and their perception is that yeah, there are some meanies, but there are so many good, nice, interesting people  why let one (or a few) bad apple spoil things?  There are many days when I don't encounter any meanness at all.

I think it also depends on what you mean by mean. :) Rude? nah, but I think some people view it as such. Stupid? nah, but I see a lot of it masquerading as mean. Etc. And I know the forums seem overrun by meanies lately, but it is truly only a handful of genuinely disruptive people combined with people with low settings on their collective BS meters. Never a good combo. In world especially, I rarely meet mean people. I meet people I don't want to know more than a casual conversation or even just reading their profiles, but on the whole more nicer than not folks.

• Like 3

Psh. No. Compared to what I’ve been through, SL and the forums here are child’s play. I’ve had disagreements. But, never to a point where I dealt with seriously rude people. Mostly just racist trolls and people using me for stuff, but never any real or downright nasty people. And, to be honest the people on these forums are cool. Most people don’t want confrontation or dealing with very pressing matters. Like I said, this forum is tame and thankfully SL is sort of the same way.

Edited by Ashlyn Voir
  • Like 6

23 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

Its all a matter of perception. good vs evil, right vs wrong, bully vs victim. one persons hero is another persons villain. a troll to one is just a rough person to another, a white knight to one is just a nosy body to another.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Its all a matter of perception. good vs evil, right vs wrong, bully vs victim. one persons hero is another persons villain. a troll to one is just a rough person to another, a white knight to one is just a nosy body to another.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. This is a highly relativistic view of behaviour. It is possible to evaluate someone's comportment here with some degree of objectivity -- if one is not oneself too engaged in the in-fighting -- and establish that they are operating from principles of real integrity, as well as a concern for the community.

That "right vs. wrong" is often a difficult distinction to make is more a function of our own inability to view things objectively. It doesn't mean that these things don't exist. And the criteria are really pretty simple, despite the murkiness of judgement. Is "x" a humane person? Do they think about human, emotional, psychological, and other costs associated with their views? Are they more interested in "winning" than in changing minds and educating? And so on.

The forums aren't Lord of the Flies. It needn't be that way, and mostly it isn't. I could, without thinking very hard about it, name at least a dozen people here who demonstrate a consistent degree of integrity, honesty, and caring, despite their involvement in debates and discussions.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.