What are you listening to?

21 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

No kidding!!!

That put a huge grin on my face, Ceka.

Not many songs can do that to me..But when they turned it up I could just feel the power and energy..

How about that little guy at the end just whaling on the drums? He's never gonna forget that day and that whole moment..

I think they were actually doing a whole show..

I would love to be a part of something like that..

I'm glad you enjoyed it..

I've listened to it about 20 times since I found it..I think it's going on my playlist..hehehehe

:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci

3 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Some lovely Goth-ish ballads

Callum, I'm not able to view your VEVO links. They're not playable in the US. I also have trouble with some Spotify links that people are posting.

Anyone else not able to play other's links?

Anyone not able to play mine?

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

6 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Callum, I'm not able to view your VEVO links. They're not playable in the US. I also have trouble with some Spotify links that people are posting.

Gotta love regional licensing (not)! So far I've been able to see all yours, so I'd guess the RIAA block is only outside Trump's wall and coming in, not inside coming out to the world, I only miss out on one person's songs a regular basis.

But overall regional licensing is nowhere near the level of GEMA censorship from a few years ago when they were in war with youtube.

And you are not missing much in my songs :D they are mostly a mix from Deutschland & Nihon as Aussie music is mostly cheesy rubbish

Case in point, typical Aussie dross:

/me screams!!!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Mostly, Tommy is a clear exception. And thanks for the music, he actually captures the drone of a didgeridoo in that masterful guitar work.

Yep, that caught my ear the first time I heard "Initiation". I saw him do it live, he's mesmerizing.

One of my favorite childhood tunes was DeBussy's "Golliwog's Cakewalk".

Here's Tommy...

And here's Tomita...

Dad got a quadraphonic receiver when I was little, and "Snowflakes Are Dancing" was one of the few albums that really worked well on it. I still mouth the "wubby" sounds whenever I hear Tomita's version.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 10:39 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Yeah, I couldn't play any of the Eurovision videos. Maybe every other day I hit one that I can't play for copyright reasons.

I just discoverd somebody made an amazing video to Mannfred Mann's Road to Babylon. Music made partly in the late 18th C., mostly in 1976, video made in 2011, still relevant in 2018.

Edited by ChinRey