What are you listening to?

7 hours ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

My friend Ryan and I love Broadway musicals...

A few years ago, our local community theater did Anything Goes. The young woman who played Reno Sweeney was just fabulous, and brought the house down every evening. Unlike the rest of the cast, who worked up approximations of singing voices during the two months of preparation, she was shaking the rafters from the first rehearsal. During tech week, I got myself in trouble a few times by singing along from parts of the set I was building. I can't hold a note in a bucket, but that play just makes me wanna sing...

• Like 2

On 5/5/2018 at 10:06 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

A few years ago, our local community theater did Anything Goes. The young woman who played Reno Sweeney was just fabulous, and brought the house down every evening. Unlike the rest of the cast, who worked up approximations of singing voices during the two months of preparation, she was shaking the rafters from the first rehearsal. During tech week, I got myself in trouble a few times by singing along from parts of the set I was building. I can't hold a note in a bucket, but that play just makes me wanna sing...

Singing along and the larger than life characters, are a huge part of what makes musicals so entertaining (at least for me).

Les Miserables just played at the Dallas Fair Park Music Hall, too bad I missed it. They often have some of the best off-Broadway productions there. The last one I went to see was Oklahoma a few years ago.

4 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Funny how this title song of a movie introduced me to one of my now favorite singers:

That's a fun one to watch. Also, completely random, but I rarely see gold eyeshadow on pale brunettes. It looked really nice on her. I'm always so shy when it comes to bold colors on my white as paper skin, so I like being inspired by others. <3

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Talk of musicals got me to pulling up the music from Phantom of the Opera.  I often play the entire musical score on repeat mode.

Yeah, that's great. I really like Joel Schumachers movie version of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arton Rotaru said:

Yeah, that's great. I really like Joel Schumachers movie version of it.

I bought that movie as soon as it was available on DVD and watch it often.  I managed a trip to New York to see the performance when it first came to Broadway.  While I like the movie better, the live performance was truly unforgettable.

• Like 1