Jump to content

Avocados & Avocatos & Death & Taxes & Religion & Viewer Tips & ...


Seicher Rae
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Personally, I think mayonnaise is an abomination from the devil, no matter how you slice it.

I love mayo. 

It should be creamy, however, NOT solid. 

I'm just imagining it as mayo with the consistency of those nasty fake cheese slices wrapped in plastic.

shudders

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I love mayo. 

It should be creamy, however, NOT solid. 

I'm just imagining it as mayo with the consistency of those nasty fake cheese slices wrapped in plastic.

shudders

And even if i do add a small dab of mayo to my tuna salad, the idea of the mayo itself being tuna flavored just really makes me gag. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm confused by the apple butter sheets made with white chocolate, because apple butter and white chocolate are in no way similar other than both of them NOT being chocolate.

I decided that something most definitely must have been lost in the translation there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm really fine with this product not being available in the US of A since I don't think I would ever purchase it even if it were available.  My reaction was similar to @Beth Macbain's a quick shudder. But @Mahala Roviana, I've heard that Mayonnaise is actually good for your hair what with the protein from the egg and the oil, although I've never tried it.

I try to eat as little in the way of highly processed food as possible as it seems like all the nutrients lose something in the process. Besides real food tastes better.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

 

I try to eat as little in the way of highly processed food as possible as it seems like all the nutrients lose something in the process. Besides real food tastes better.

Real mayonnaise is just egg and oil, you can make it yourself. That's not "highly processed".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Real mayonnaise is just egg and oil, you can make it yourself. That's not "highly processed".

Yes, I'm fine with real mayo(note: not miracle whip), but turning that into a slice must require some additives.  And that's what I would object to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With all the mixed reviews regarding mayo, let's shift the topic just a bit:

What is the best dipping sauce? What is the condiment you reach for constantly? What bottle is always in your fridge no matter what? Are there different favorites depending on the food? What is your opinion of ranch dressing?

I am personally a big fan of most sauces (heh) but I'd have to say that... er... oh hell, I can't pick just one, I don't think. Maybe if I did a bracket like the NCAA tournament I could narrow it down. 

I love vinegary things on everything, especially balsamic vinegary things. My dressing of choice would be blue cheese with great big chunks of blue cheese in it... not smooth and over-processed.  I love a good hot sauce that is hot enough to feel, but not so hot that it kills the taste of whatever it's on. With really hot and crispy french fries, you just can't beat plain old ketchup. 

Ranch dressing can go to hell. Nasty stuff that always tastes like chemicals to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

With all the mixed reviews regarding mayo, let's shift the topic just a bit:

What is the best dipping sauce? What is the condiment you reach for constantly? What bottle is always in your fridge no matter what? Are there different favorites depending on the food? What is your opinion of ranch dressing?

I am personally a big fan of most sauces (heh) but I'd have to say that... er... oh hell, I can't pick just one, I don't think. Maybe if I did a bracket like the NCAA tournament I could narrow it down. 

I love vinegary things on everything, especially balsamic vinegary things. My dressing of choice would be blue cheese with great big chunks of blue cheese in it... not smooth and over-processed.  I love a good hot sauce that is hot enough to feel, but not so hot that it kills the taste of whatever it's on. With really hot and crispy french fries, you just can't beat plain old ketchup. 

Ranch dressing can go to hell. Nasty stuff that always tastes like chemicals to me.

I was nodding along until I got to the ranch part. Homemade ranch is the best ever.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

I was nodding along until I got to the ranch part. Homemade ranch is the best ever.

I've never had homemade ranch so maybe that's the problem. 

People who really love ranch really love ranch. I've seen people more or less just drink the stuff with the amount they dump on a salad. It becomes some sort of strange creamy lettuce soup. 

Oh hell... I forgot all about SWEET sauces like chocolate! That's a whole different kind of deliciousness! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I've never had homemade ranch so maybe that's the problem. 

People who really love ranch really love ranch. I've seen people more or less just drink the stuff with the amount they dump on a salad. It becomes some sort of strange creamy lettuce soup. 

Oh hell... I forgot all about SWEET sauces like chocolate! That's a whole different kind of deliciousness! 

Haha! Yeah the ranch love is real. I am not at that level of devotion, but have witnessed it.

But I do I like all sauces (heh) except for anything horseradish based. Other than that, bring it on!!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...