Avocados & Avocatos & Death & Taxes & Religion & Viewer Tips & ...

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ooh, that's interesting. I thought millennials started from the mid 80s. Didn't know it went back as far as the 70s. Just did some googling and by some definitions it starts at 1980, some at 1981. Just goes to show, it's just an elastic term to insult anyone who's younger than you. Or, more specifically, it's just bollox, as you say.

My husband was Gen X. He used to tell me off because while I was alive when Kurt Cobain died, it passed right over my radar, probably because I myself was about four feet high at the time. I'd say, "I'm sorry, I'm a millennial" and he'd say, "I know, I'll spank you for it later."

• Like 1

If you were born in 1958 in the USA, for example, maybe 1957, your classmates did not go to the Vietnam War.  You were not drafted. You may have known people who died in Vietnam, but you and your classmates did not. That's a huge, huge cultural thing, and it is completely ignored by the generationists. You didn't wear a poodle skirt. You weren't a greaser. You knew of the Beach Boys but were more tuned into Fleetwood Mac. But... nope. There is no difference between being born in 1946 or 1964. There is no difference between being born in  1977 or 1990...

ETA: If you were born in 1964 in the USA, there's a really good chance you didn't know anyone who was in the War. You probably didn't wear bell bottoms. You may have liked disco music.

FWIW, I was alive, and taller than 4 feet when Cobain died, but while I heard of it, it didn't define my existence either.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

And they call us Boomers "violent".  Look at all the things those Millennials are killing!  (And why does the forum spell check seem to think I can't spell "millennials"?)

I think the most heinous thing they've killed are door bells. Oh, the humanity. I can't spell, and so can't address a spelling issue. If a spell check misses something, or even better, corrects a word incorrectly, I'm doomed. I mean, ffs, I spelled my own made up avatar name wrong!

4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

But would you drink this?    :)

avocado wine.jpg

Basically, if it comes in a wine bottle, I will drink it. If it's any good, I'll savour it and wax eloquently about the aroma, bouquet, aftertaste and viscosity. If it is mediocre, I'll drink it faster and just go for the buzz. And I might mutter about the aroma, bouquet, aftertaste and viscosity anyway only not so glowingly.

Edited by kali Wylder
ETA and tbh....
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I think the most heinous thing they've killed are door bells. 

Wait, what? There are door bells everywhere, even on the houses of psychics. You mean there's something we've missed? Hold my beer.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Wait, what? There are door bells everywhere, even on the houses of psychics. You mean there's something we've missed? Hold my beer.

For the TLDR version, y'all are texting "here" instead of ringing the door bells, thus killing a WHOLE INDUSTRY!

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/millennials-are-killing-doorbells-amp-honestly-good-riddance-249740

18 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

For the TLDR version, y'all are texting "here" instead of ringing the door bells, thus killing a WHOLE INDUSTRY!

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/millennials-are-killing-doorbells-amp-honestly-good-riddance-249740

Damn, you weren't supposed to realise. It was intended as a stealth attack. All right, you have shown sympathy towards our cause, so I will talk to the leaders of the cabal. When we finally kill absolutely everything and rule the world, you will not be harmed. I will also arrange to have a country named after you, but you'll have to change your name to Mexico. (Largest exporter of avocados. An honour for you, loyal defector.)

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moles
1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Don't start getting any ideas, Mole Man.

...stares at you darkly.

vector vAvocado = <0.39535, 0.60930, 0.01395>;

default {
    state_entry() {

integer n = LINK_THIS;
        if(llGetNumberOfPrims()){
            n = LINK_SET;
        }
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(n,[PRIM_COLOR,ALL_SIDES,vAvocado,1.0]);
    }
}

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

vector vAvocado = <0.39535, 0.60930, 0.01395>;

default {
    state_entry() {

integer n = LINK_THIS;
        if(llGetNumberOfPrims()){
            n = LINK_SET;
        }
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(n,[PRIM_COLOR,ALL_SIDES,vAvocado,1.0]);
    }
}

51 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Ow ow ow ow!  Ma, he threw a SCRIPT at meeeeeee!

I am not a scriptor, but... did Quartz throw a script at you, or did he throw an avocado prim cube (colored on all sides) at you? One is probably less thunky than the other.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Let's see: Lazy and not doing anything definitely qualifies you for the Senate. :::check::: Not giving a crap about war is problematic, because it is unclear whether that means just randomly bombing sh*t because "who cares?" and we already have one of those. I like the out of the box logic about being against summer instead of being against daylight savings time because it shows a randomness of thought. :D It could work... it could work...

Not giving a ***** about war as in: I'm not interested in anything that requires a war to get.

• Like 1

There used to be an elderly man in town that used to spend his day's going around to elderly widowed women's houses in town.. He would take care of their lawns and anything else they may have needed fixed around the house as well as errands they may have needed done.. He never charged them a thing..

When i met him,he was in his upper 70's maybe even early 80's..I'm not really good with ages ..hehehe

Anyways,I always seen him driving around with mowers and weed eaters and tools and always by himself..I just thought he was just a really hard working man..Then found out he was going around to the widows houses..Then thought..Oh ,he has a bunch of girl friends.. hehehe

When I met him we had a little chat..I jokingly said,so you have a lot of girlfriends in town here huh?

He laughed and said,no I just like to keep busy..He said that he goes around to the World war II veterans wive houses and helps them out and keeps up their lawns and things they need help with..

I thought that was the sweetest thing in the world..

Then I come to find out from someone else that,in world war II he was captured by the Japanese and held for 2 years..He went though all kinds of harsh conditions as well as being tortured and other terrible things..

My mouth dropped from hearing that..I mean from meeting him and getting to know him, I could never tell he was ever even in the war..

When I found out why he was doing everything he was..I immediately broke down in tears and felt so ashamed of even joking to him about girlfriends..

I found out, The wives that he was helping out, were the wives of his friends that all signed up together with him, that never made it back..

Out of all the people I have met since we moved to Tennessee, for me he is the most Amazing so far..

I don't know if this is on topic or not..But any time I hear world war II,it is the very first thing I think of,is Him..

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.