How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:
1 hour ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

To each his own.

Can we please keep the politics out of this?

F O

IMO, that went too far.

I guess I'll go drown my emotions elsewhere for a day or two and see if things calm down around here.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely broken.  I have just had confirmation that my wonderful, amazing,  perfectly imperfect partner lost his battle with cancer this morning.  We almost made it to 11 years in this mad crazy wor

My dad passed away today, in his sleep, at the hospice. I'm in that shock phase now, numb and unable to think.

So, quick update number 2...  My daughter is negative for covid-19!!! the super quarantine is lifted and we can go grocery shopping! Back to your regularly scheduled bickering.. 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

IMO, that went too far.

I guess I'll go drown my emotions elsewhere for a day or two and see if things calm down around here.

Not any calmer, but commiseration over the situation can be found in the other forum, which has become a pretty supportive place during this catastrophe. 

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I know, I know, I keep saying I need to pull away from the forum because it makes me crankier, but not this thread (usually). My depression has so many facets, like a big, crummy lump of coal-carbon cut like diamond-carbon,  and such facet is me getting a little OCD about things... like forum. Anyway, I understand wanting to keep politics out of this thread, I do. The problem is that so many of us are having stress and "stuff" over the pandemic and unfortunately a lot of that stress is caused by various politicians effing things up. I've heard so many times/places "oh you Americans think everything is about you!" well, folks, in this one we're all together, including effed up political responses and including the rare little bright spots of competency.  So I don't know how we walk the lines between supporting each other, venting our frustrations, and avoiding the political. I think maybe avoiding the political FIGHTING might be the answer, and for the most part I think this thread has done that pretty well.

I keep hearing the lyrics to "A Day In the Life"... I read the news today oh boy...  

When the news is crazy making, how can you not vent?

Yes. It’s one thing to be distressed by a natural disaster, but something else entirely to watch helplessly while our medical teams and essential workers risk their lives because pandemic planning was scrapped.. That is what has plunged many of us into despair/depression, not the virus alone. If it was just the virus, we would normally execute our well developed plan and save many lives. But this is not normal, and distress is an appropriate response. Discussing that response is not “discussing politics”. IMO. 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Yes but Beth my favorite post is yours about someone’s pie hole. 😁

Mine is Garnets, which I couldn't find the other day due to the red mist I was seeing over what I felt was an inappropriate reply to my picture post when I was at a low point. Probably a good job I couldn't find it.

I just woke up after a good 6 hour sleep that only involved one wake up. (damn tablets make me need a pee run every night exactly 3 hours after I have taken them)  All I can hear is birds singing and I am not going to ruin this by reading any overnight news sources just yet.  

I actually understand Pamela's post.  I have wanted to post the same to 2 people myself in the last couple of days in this thread.  In RL or maybe on my facebook, I would have just said it. Anyway, I hope the snuggles were good Beth and the alcohol didn't leave its mark this morning on anyone who enjoyed it last night.  The men were supposed to be starting my new decking and boardwalk in the garden today but like the rendering at the front of the house last week, it ain't happening.  SO!  I had already bought wallpaper and paint for my front room and my son is going to make a start today on stripping the old wallpaper and sanding paintwork.  I am trying to focus on the positives this week.. yeah that might fail by lunch time.  

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

The Queen made me cry. 

Belatedly, it made me cry too, it's just being apart from loved ones. We are very lucky that we have all this modern technology at our fingertips, can video call even, but it just is not the same as being in the same room and physically holding someone. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I know we weren't getting political on this thread but Boris just got admitted into hospital.  

Well, that man certainly got chucked in at the deep end. 

I know we're not going to get political.

I just want to say I hope his fiance and baby are OK, and I actually hope Boris will be OK too. 

And I hope we are all going to be OK.

We WILL be OK!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

It was stuck in my head, so..because I'm an awesome person..gna get it stuck in yours too...you're welcome

Oh, and I fixed it...a bit

♪ ♫ Two Four AM and I'm still awake, writing singing a song
If I get it all down on paper this post, its no longer
Inside of me, threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
'Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you'll use them, however you want to

'Cause you can't jump the track, 
we're like cars on a cable,
And life's like an hourglass, 
glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button now
Sing it if you understand.
And breathe, just breathe
Whoa breathe, just breathe ♫ ♪

I'm really just waiting for meds to knock me back out, that's not actually the song that's stuck in my head now. The song that's in my head is one I used to sing with my dad when I was really little, for whatever reason I loved this song (and I'm not a huge country fan now, though I don't hate it,  despite growing up in and around country music festivals), lmao. I wore my Hoyt Axton record I had with this down, and not just once, he had to buy me four.  Still, seems appropriate...no? 

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Waiomao said:

How am I feeling today? FURIOUS. I have RL family who are pandemic front line (nurse and juris doctor), working in hospitals to save lives. They are scared, and I am for them. So probably more than other SL residents I was angered to see a long-term SL user in Portal Park use the name to COVID-19 to shout "you've been infected" at least four times. WTF? There are over a million confirmed cases, there have been thousands of deaths, and this person thinks it's a joke? Not going to divulge this person's usual resident name (against forum policy) but have reported them. Please everyone, show some respect to your fellow residents, especially those with family and friends who have passed away, and treat this virus seriously.

furious.jpg

Karma will get them if Linden Lab doesn't ! 

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Mine is Garnets, which I couldn't find the other day due to the red mist I was seeing over what I felt was an inappropriate reply to my picture post when I was at a low point. Probably a good job I couldn't find it.

I just woke up after a good 6 hour sleep that only involved one wake up. (damn tablets make me need a pee run every night exactly 3 hours after I have taken them)  All I can hear is birds singing and I am not going to ruin this by reading any overnight news sources just yet.  

I actually understand Pamela's post.  I have wanted to post the same to 2 people myself in the last couple of days in this thread.  In RL or maybe on my facebook, I would have just said it. Anyway, I hope the snuggles were good Beth and the alcohol didn't leave its mark this morning on anyone who enjoyed it last night.  The men were supposed to be starting my new decking and boardwalk in the garden today but like the rendering at the front of the house last week, it ain't happening.  SO!  I had already bought wallpaper and paint for my front room and my son is going to make a start today on stripping the old wallpaper and sanding paintwork.  I am trying to focus on the positives this week.. yeah that might fail by lunch time.  

I feel I might do some gardening for my brother today. Although by the time I have thoroughly cleaned out his kitchen cupboards (I WILL find the source of those blimmin' biscuit beetles, I will, I will, I will!), and taken delivery of the shopping order this afternoon, and caught up with what I didn't do yesterday, I might just be treating myself to an afternoon nap instead. It depends which direction the wind is in and how much of the adjoining neighbour's dogs' wee and poo I can smell. Sadly, two of the three people who live in the adjoining house are nurses, and their personal hygiene leaves a lot to be desired :( 

Not intending to watch or listen to news until at least 6pm Calendar local. 

Stay safe everyone! 

• Like 3

i hate fell into nostalgy,or missing someone who never cared about you.There was some dude from the start of 2016,we were just partners for a while, bir no idea why he treated me like i m not useless,like i m real woman to care about,and i ucked up in the best way i can.But when i fixed it all , my mother added herself in the game, grabbed my phone and answered on his  messages pretending like it was me. And then i wake up surpsised why that guy just want to see me., and then he break up with me without any notice. Ok....After i try to know what happend i get only one respond from him like UCK OFF.thanks. Later....much later in  oct 2017 i see he emt someone...good...After my life beat me as hard as it can i see in July  2019 he is married.It killed my no idea why..And  for a long time i felt like there should be me, not this kind,beautiful ginger girl..eh. 

• Sad 1
56 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

i hate fell into nostalgy,or missing someone who never cared about you.There was some dude from the start of 2016,we were just partners for a while, bir no idea why he treated me like i m not useless,like i m real woman to care about,and i ucked up in the best way i can.But when i fixed it all , my mother added herself in the game, grabbed my phone and answered on his  messages pretending like it was me. And then i wake up surpsised why that guy just want to see me., and then he break up with me without any notice. Ok....After i try to know what happend i get only one respond from him like UCK OFF.thanks. Later....much later in  oct 2017 i see he emt someone...good...After my life beat me as hard as it can i see in July  2019 he is married.It killed my no idea why..And  for a long time i felt like there should be me, not this kind,beautiful ginger girl..eh. 

Sometimes, what you see isn't always what is really the truth. I mean, when I have looked at Facebook, at old friends who seem to be so very happily married, with nice parties and smiley faces, and then all of a sudden one day I find out that their real life was nothing like in the photos! 

If you are meant to be with a person, it can still be so hard to get with them.  And it is hard to see them with another person. It feels like someone has taken your heart out of your chest and stamped on it.  It's crap. It's part of life. Life should be easier. I am sorry you are sad, Panteleeva, and I hope one day your prince charming will appear, when you are least expecting it to happen.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
36 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Sometimes, what you see isn't always what is really the truth. I mean, when I have looked at Facebook, at old friends who seem to be so very happily married, with nice parties and smiley faces, and then all of a sudden one day I find out that their real life was nothing like in the photos! 

If you are meant to be with a person, it can still be so hard to get with them.  And it is hard to see them with another person. It feels like someone has taken your heart out of your chest and stamped on it.  It's crap. It's part of life. Life should be easier. I am sorry you are sad, Panteleeva, and I hope one day your prince charming will appear, when you are least expecting it to happen.  

and still you support me just like i needed. The thing is always like no matter if i realize that life still goes on and i shouldnt be thinking about the past all the time,thats my regular problem to find an answer somewhere there is no answer, but it s just life.And you are right,pictures are just moments of life and married life or couple life is not rainbow candy all the time . (But holy kitten,this guy was damn good in all the ways,and i can admit that i porbably  romanticize him too much,because i wasnt able to have longer experience with him. 

Hugs Marigold 

cL5DDYv.jpg

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

and still you support me just like i needed. The thing is always like no matter if i realize that life still goes on and i shouldnt be thinking about the past all the time,thats my regular problem to find an answer somewhere there is no answer, but it s just life.And you are right,pictures are just moments of life and married life or couple life is not rainbow candy all the time . (But holy kitten,this guy was damn good in all the ways,and i can admit that i porbably  romanticize him too much,because i wasnt able to have longer experience with him. 

Hugs Marigold 

cL5DDYv.jpg

You cannot help how you feel for someone. It's better to love someone than to hate them, I think. And fantasies and dreams and hopes - well all have them, we all need them. It is why writers of romance novels always sell a lot of books. We need love! Even Mafia bosses need love. It is just hard to find the right one to give our love too, very often.

Thank you for the kitty hugs - they make me very happy. :) 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Yeah politics aside, its not something we would wish on anyone

He's tried to work through it too - it really shows that no one is safe from this virus.  I hope he pulls through. I hope he is given the chance to prove himself as prime minister too (sorry for the politics) - he just has had such a tremendously difficult start. 

You are right - this virus is not something we would wish on even our worst enemies. 

I saw Dominic Minghella on the news at lunch time, and then went onto his Facebook, read his blog linked from that. It was the first time I had heard an account of what it was like to go through having the virus, being admitted to hospital, and thankfully he has come out, but he thought he would not at one point. 

Walking to my brother's - 1.6 mile daily exercise routine I have, while keeping the social distancing rule - and I encountered a woman with three children under ten years old, all cycling along the pavement. Of course I shifted out of their way, but I did wonder if it really was the wisest thing for them to be doing, because not all people are shifting out of the way and keeping to the two metres social distancing rules, and frankly I wouldn't put my kids at risk like that. Just not worth it.  I'd be having them star jumping in the back garden or have them help me in the garden, plant some potatoes or something to occupy and exercise them outdoors.

So today was Day 14 of lock down? Very strange times.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

You are right - this virus is not something we would wish on even our worst enemies. 

Some of you are much nicer than I am. I don't like it that I harbor ill (pun intended) feelings towards some, as I think it eventually just diminishes me. But the heart wants what the heart wants. I wish the coronavirus was selective and instant karma. I wish it on the naysayers, the people who fiddled while Rome burned (kind of literally). I wish it upon the idiots who think they are too special to isolate themselves: too young, too healthy, too righteous.

Unfortunately the virus isn't selective. If the biggest purveyor of death through his laissez-faire policy gets the virus, as would be a good bout of instant karma, then others not deserving of the infection would most likely be hit. But... I do wish it upon him and his cronies. And a few others who shall remain nameless. I wish it upon leaders of other countries who have banned even the word coronavirus to be used, and who are using this time to usurp democratic governments. Etc. Sorry (not sorry).

This is a handful of people though (who affect so, so many). For everyone else I'm the picture of kind compassion and blessings.

• Thanks 2
On 4/4/2020 at 7:17 AM, Eirynne Sieyes said:

It's got nothing to do with Jared. Each of our States should have had all this preparedness equipment to begin with. It is part of their job and is  budgeted. But the monies were spent on other projects. (Like who could have possibly imagined this!!!) So the Fed is pitching in and procuring supplies.

Oh.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Some of you are much nicer than I am. I don't like it that I harbor ill (pun intended) feelings towards some, as I think it eventually just diminishes me. But the heart wants what the heart wants. I wish the coronavirus was selective and instant karma. I wish it on the naysayers, the people who fiddled while Rome burned (kind of literally). I wish it upon the idiots who think they are too special to isolate themselves: too young, too healthy, too righteous.

Unfortunately the virus isn't selective. If the biggest purveyor of death through his laissez-faire policy gets the virus, as would be a good bout of instant karma, then others not deserving of the infection would most likely be hit. But... I do wish it upon him and his cronies. And a few others who shall remain nameless. I wish it upon leaders of other countries who have banned even the word coronavirus to be used, and who are using this time to usurp democratic governments. Etc. Sorry (not sorry).

This is a handful of people though (who affect so, so many). For everyone else I'm the picture of kind compassion and blessings.

It's not a case of being much nicer than you, believe me. A lot of us still have a hit list! Some years ago I got pilloried here on the forums for wishing our then prime minister to be assassinated, and that particular word offended someone. Tough! It was how I felt, and all of us do have a right to an opinion. Our opinion isn't going to become an actual action!

I agree with you that it would be far better if the virus was Karma in disguise and oh my word the list of people I could ... nope, I am TOO nice to continue (ha ha ha).

Seicher, I respect your opinions. You are always honest. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm defeated. Waving the white panties flag. I'm just done. I don't even know what I'm done with, but I'm done with it whatever it is. This is never going to end, no one is going to learn anything from it, human beings are the worst. 

If anyone needs me, I'll be galloping naked on horseback through the new Bellisseria log home regions until I reach the end and ride over the edge into the abyss.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.