What are you watching today?

This is an excerpt from a German film about which I knew nothing but came across while searching for a hymn (the organ version of which I posted to the 'Listening' topic).  I'm posting it because the sung rendition is movingly done in this scene.

Looking forward to this

Though it seems there is a bit of controversy, with fans worrying it's going to just focus on the drugs side and be cringy...will have to see...

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Looking forward to this

Though it seems there is a bit of controversy, with fans worrying it's going to just focus on the drugs side and be cringy...will have to see...

Let's hope they do right by her. She was an immense talent with a lot of personal demons, but her talent was there til the end.

• Like 3

Just now, Modulated said:

Let's hope they do right by her. She was an immense talent with a lot of personal demons, but her talent was there til the end.

I remember watching this when it was released, it was an AOL live session, she was really in the middle of her addiction , but that amazing voice was still there. She is sorely missed. :/

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Modulated said:

I remember watching this when it was released, it was an AOL live session, she was really in the middle of her addiction , but that amazing voice was still there. She is sorely missed. :/

Agreed 🔥

One of my favourite releases was her Ska EP bootleg...I have it on vinyl (though I don't have a turntable 9_9) and mp3...I wish they'd let her make the full ska album, her voice suited those tunes so well...

• Like 4

Just now, Rat Luv said:

Agreed 🔥

One of my favourite releases was her Ska EP bootleg...I have it on vinyl (though I don't have a turntable 9_9) and mp3...I wish they'd let her make the full ska album, her voice suited those tunes so well...

That is what amazed me about her, even in the middle of the abyss that is addiction, her talent was there. It was honed and powerful.  I know she isn't everyone's cup of tea but I'm telling you, she was a force.

• Like 3

Another story from Soft White Underbelly. I am fascinated by the stories of these people, they are all from different walks, but addiction, mental illness and struggles equalize them all.

I'm looking forward to seeing this one.. Anya Taylor-Joy is one of my favorite actresses and I only wish she did Fury Road as well..She is gonna make a great Furiosa!!

From reading on Fury Road before it came out.. Fury Road was supposed to be part of the Furiosa movie as well.. But they broke it into two parts and made Fury road first..

More than likely because Mad Max fans had been waiting years for another Mad Max movie.

This looks so good.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

I recently discovered that the Internet Archive has 31 of the 35 Carry On series of films.  If you aren't familiar with it:

Carry On is a british spoof movie series, and it's also the largest British film series ever.  Carry On has 34 films, between 1958 and 1978, and one more reboot attempt in 1992, making 35 films, total.  For comparison, James Bond has 27 films.  The MCU comes closer, with 33 films.  My point is, it's a massive series.  Most Americans seem to have never heard of it, but it's hilarious.  Each film takes a topic and lampoons it.  The first film does the military, then teachers, spy movies, horror movies, slice of life, and... it's just fun.  It's easy to see how it helped inspire comedians like Monty Python.

IMHO, the series takes 4 or 5 films to find it's voice.  Until then, it's a bit dry, for my American sensibilities.  Fun series to marathon, though!

Edited by Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia
The Internet Archive is missing 4 films, so they don't have the entire series.

I just finished watching the first 6 episodes which are a little over 4 minutes each and are not a continuation of the previous, but are each their own thing..

They were done so well.. I love coming across things like this on youtube.

To see the other 5 episodes, just click the more, in the video description and it has them all listed there..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1