Trailer Life

Vana Gears
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Malayaa said:

My Williamsburg model camper in the Arvee region, was in the mood for fall forest earth tones so the decor is pretty low key for now.   I love it, I can fish from my front yard, and the river drops down to a big waterfall, it is so scenic.  (I'm not quite sure how multiple images will work in the posting so fingers crossed!)  My favorite camper enhancements are the Jian owl and the lighted camp tower from Goose, the tower is resizable, scaled back the height a bit so it is not too obnoxious and from the tower there is a stunning view of the river sunset and the ocean.  The room divider thing is made from prims, I'm hoping someone will make a nice skirted wood deck thing for the outside and put it on MP :)  hint hint

1 Arvee interior front room.png

May I ask where that kitchen is from? I love the look! 🥰

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think it's this one (I have all the kichens! lol)  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CP-Cape-Point-Kitchen/16050830

"All The Kitchens" Sylvia is correct ha ha, there is a cabinet style fridge with the Cape set (not shown in my trailer pics) that I used too.  One thing I look for now with new kitchens is if the top cabinets and backsplash can be removed, so they can fit around windows and squeeze in the tiny abodes we have with houseboats and campers.  The Bazar Toronto kitchen is pretty awesome in that regard also, since the backspash is removable and resizable :D   There was a super cute kitchen at Uber ( I think ?) last week with an island and a whole soup making animation series but I didn't get it because it was very tall...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Malayaa said:

My Williamsburg model camper in the Arvee region, was in the mood for fall forest earth tones so the decor is pretty low key for now.   I love it, I can fish from my front yard, and the river drops down to a big waterfall, it is so scenic.  (I'm not quite sure how multiple images will work in the posting so fingers crossed!)  My favorite camper enhancements are the Jian owl and the lighted camp tower from Goose, the tower is resizable, scaled back the height a bit so it is not too obnoxious and from the tower there is a stunning view of the river sunset and the ocean.  The room divider thing is made from prims, I'm hoping someone will make a nice skirted wood deck thing for the outside and put it on MP :)  hint hint

1 Arvee interior front room.png

2 Arvee back room_001.png

Oh wow ❤️

• Like 3

Cian and I finally got our houseboat we've been long desiring, so excited.  But meanwhile, while browsing for a small, retro style kitchen, I came across this gacha set.  Its not for everyone, but I just love it so I grabbed two in both colors.  The kitchen is 5 LI, the table w/2 chairs (comes as a set) is 5 LI, the lamp is 2 LI, total kitchen + dinette and lamp = 12 LI.  The set is small and compact and PERFECT for the campers/trailers. Also, you can mod the kitchenette easily and move the upper cabinets around to fit into your specific trailer.  

2000565175_PLAAKADwellingwithLightMeals.thumb.png.06d7478687bad2987c9b4594cba38e1c.png

• Like 8

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Cian and I finally got our houseboat we've been long desiring, so excited.  But meanwhile, while browsing for a small, retro style kitchen, I came across this gacha set.  Its not for everyone, but I just love it so I grabbed two in both colors.  The kitchen is 5 LI, the table w/2 chairs (comes as a set) is 5 LI, the lamp is 2 LI, total kitchen + dinette and lamp = 12 LI.  The set is small and compact and PERFECT for the campers/trailers. Also, you can mod the kitchenette easily and move the upper cabinets around to fit into your specific trailer.  

2000565175_PLAAKADwellingwithLightMeals.thumb.png.06d7478687bad2987c9b4594cba38e1c.png

That's too cute!!!! Im so getting the green one!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Is it by Soy (Soyoy)? The kitchen in identical to the one he (she?) sells, albeit in a modular way.

No, Plaaka is its own place.  It's sort of the diametrical opposite of the Soy shopping experience.  WHen I was there recently, there was her/his regular small oddly laid out central store, then different areas spread over a hillside, a little tent area with some gachas, then there are other gachas here & there.  A few things that were in an Arcade round last spring are just rezzed but not for sale anywhere.  A few prefabs.  It's great product, but be prepared to spend a little time wandering around!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

No, Plaaka is its own place.  It's sort of the diametrical opposite of the Soy shopping experience.  WHen I was there recently, there was her/his regular small oddly laid out central store, then different areas spread over a hillside, a little tent area with some gachas, then there are other gachas here & there.  A few things that were in an Arcade round last spring are just rezzed but not for sale anywhere.  A few prefabs.  It's great product, but be prepared to spend a little time wandering around!

Huh, they either both are using templates or one managed to ...umm... I'll stop stop and not accuse anyone of anything. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Out exploring today and came across this masterpiece in Placid:

Redneck.thumb.png.6828190744b24461f44cba6497e0f555.png

Reading the profile of the owner (artist?) leads me to believe, hopefully, that this is parody.

Regardless, it's truly beautifully done inside and out. The attention to detail is stunning and I love it.

Oh that is awesome! I will definitely be wandering by to admire it in person! (I think I have at least one of those vehicles... lol)

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Huh, they either both are using templates or one managed to ...umm... I'll stop stop and not accuse anyone of anything. LOL

They are similar but not the same. It appears to be a fairly common design of Japanese compact kitchen, so I'm going to say nothing nefarious is going on here. (And yes, I know, I just called out Maddy!)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Well, both stores claim "original mesh".  I know Plaaka's creator has been selling since 2009.  Here's a couple RL compact Japanese kitchens:

kitchen-japan.jpg

1817670.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well, both stores claim "original mesh".

Yes, sure. Though it''s just odd that the cabinets, stove and water heater (SL versions) look *identical* - so if both are original (as in actually model-built in 3D app) by each creator, then the similarity is uncanny. I'm not saying it's impossible, but uncanny. Hence, why I suspect it is an after-market model they each may have purchased, etc. (nothing wrong with that at all.) But it's a moot discussion as if there is any wrong-doing on others part, it is up to them to solve the issue, not we the consumer. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

There's a bit of noticeable difference between the two typical Japanese rental kitchens styles. PLAAKA is less detailed and lower LI (5) whereas Soy is much more detailed and comes in 3 pieces with a total LI of 17.  I find both have their own unique appeal.

Also, here an article showing the typical Japanese rental with this kitchen style.

https://lethain.com/introducing-my-japanese-kitchen/

2090879832_PLAAKA-Soy(1).thumb.png.c1fccf07299bbd2e00967b417e880788.png

437947254_PLAAKA-Soy(2).thumb.png.17c42de0d0e886454533d12696d89ac4.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

There's a bit of noticeable difference between the two typical Japanese rental kitchens styles. PLAAKA is less detailed and lower LI (5) whereas Soy is much more detailed and comes in 3 pieces with a total LI of 17.  I find both have their own unique appeal.

Also, here an article showing the typical Japanese rental with this kitchen style.

While I haven't seen these kitchens PLAAKA typically has some LOD issues (lots of great stuff that I haven't been able to use - insert sigh). So that might be a big consideration.    

That is a pretty cool RL photo of the burners and mini-oven (?).  Looks pretty handy.    

AND love the "trailer trash" installation (or home) in the photo above too. Much fun.  That lot lends itself to a grunge look really. Lani's was SO lovely, I couldn't make myself go there -- and then of course the weathered metal exterior of my trailer pick disappeared in the review process.   

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Reading the profile of the owner (artist?) leads me to believe, hopefully, that this is parody.

Regardless, it's truly beautifully done inside and out. The attention to detail is stunning and I love it.

OMG - I love this sooooo much

• Like 7

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
21 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

OMG - I love this sooooo much

SO do i. And I am really thankful that Linden Homes are free (we don't have to buy or sell the parcels) because... can you imagine the property value plummet around this place? Bahahaha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

SO do i. And I am really thankful that Linden Homes are free (we don't have to buy or sell the parcels) because... can you imagine the property value plummet around this place? Bahahaha!

Well, in RL, property values would plummet.  However, SL is odd.  The places around there might actually go up in value.

• Like 4

On 10/7/2019 at 12:42 PM, Beth Macbain said:

This honestly was the most unique and amazing Bellisserian HOME (traditionals, houseboat's, and trailers/campers combined) I have ever come across! I would definitely recommend everyone find this gem, and hopefully you will be lucky enough to meet the amazing owner! She is just as lovely as her home. ❤️

Edited by AlexusAbrianna
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.