Having Fun in Bellisseria

Soull Starlight

So after reading about “freshly oiled cabana boys” on this thread, I wore my skimpiest bodycon dress and slapped on some HD red lipstick and sneaked out to that dreamy cabana in Glimmer Cove. I lay down for a while and closed my eyes, paid attention to my breathing and visualized: “OILED up hunk with a BIG BULGE offering me large drinks and massage,” praying to the Universe for it to manifest as I exhale and open my eyes. I could sense him coming closer ...

247496633_glimmer_006(1).thumb.png.ff3b4876f4bba1aaf6571cca595f1fd9.png

I thought I succeeded in manifesting my desire but it turns out that the man walking towards me is just my husband, with OILY skin and a big bulge: a bulging beer gut. Doh! >.<

551539765_glimmer_007(2).thumb.png.6f8f328a31af36e71efa18bed4c55c7a.png

OK just give me some beer. So much for law of attraction hogwash... Sigh!

1345989362_glimmer_010(2).thumb.png.921f5e8941daf40e62358a3e28ea6de8.png

(on a side note, I think the new stilt homes kinda grew on us, we might try to catch one...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Dear Bellisserian friends: wishing you a Merry Christmas, wherever you are.

Setting aside all that is going out in RL, 2020 has brought many amazing things inworld: great people, great parties, great friends, and two of the SL homes I dreamt of for so long. 

As usual, the best part of Bellisseria is you all.  ¡Feliz Navidad!

50751412153_9a017b1ef9_k.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Setting aside all that is going out in RL, 2020 has brought many amazing things inworld: great people, great parties, great friends, and two of the SL homes I dreamt of for so long. 

¡Feliz Navidad! :) 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

And to you too!:)

• Like 2

Took my Bandit IF out for a quick sail around the Stilt areas near me.  I was not sure it would be feasible to actually sail among the Stilts, but it was quite fun!  The lower edge of this route is VERY close to region borders with no regions beyond, so was a little slow and bouncy this first time around.  But I was surprised that sailing from the bottom of Fort Mesa up through Westley was very easy, though it goes through a reasonably densely populated area.  I was also surprised that the stilt waterways, lined with houses as they are, SEEMED like a quite realistic riverbank area.  It was very neat to emerge from the wide passage between Westley and Gorgeous Aurelia and hoist the spinnaker for the run down the channel between Margaritaville and Logland, past Abnor's moored yacht!

sailing.JPG.522f0d7082e837d38dd7086e3f15cacd.JPG

Next challenge: do it without changing the wind direction!  *looks guilty*

Later, the SL Coast Guard came through, perhaps patrolling to verify compliance with the new covenant!  A nice AHOY, conversation, and a free life preserver ensued.  I hope Margaritaville's waterways become busy with many boats piloted by chatty neighbors :)

/me paws around in her inventory, looking for that set of sailing gestures ... lemme see ...

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Took my Bandit IF out for a quick sail around the Stilt areas near me.  I was not sure it would be feasible to actually sail among the Stilts, but it was quite fun!  The lower edge of this route is VERY close to region borders with no regions beyond, so was a little slow and bouncy this first time around.  But I was surprised that sailing from the bottom of Fort Mesa up through Westley was very easy, though it goes through a reasonably densely populated area.  I was also surprised that the stilt waterways, lined with houses as they are, SEEMED like a quite realistic riverbank area.  It was very neat to emerge from the wide passage between Westley and Gorgeous Aurelia and hoist the spinnaker for the run down the channel between Margaritaville and Logland, past Abnor's moored yacht!

sailing.JPG.522f0d7082e837d38dd7086e3f15cacd.JPG

Next challenge: do it without changing the wind direction!  *looks guilty*

Later, the SL Coast Guard came through, perhaps patrolling to verify compliance with the new covenant!  A nice AHOY, conversation, and a free life preserver ensued.  I hope Margaritaville's waterways become busy with many boats piloted by chatty neighbors :)

/me paws around in her inventory, looking for that set of sailing gestures ... lemme see ...

That is completely cool; thank you for sharing that!  I gave in to my GoH'ing urges last night and rolled a landlocked site on Blackchapel.  I was engulfed in memories of lurking on Faraday on the 21st, waiting, waiting, waiting for Stilts, just on the other side of the new, jagged hills!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The perfect place to chill on your own, relax with friends, or share a romantic moment with a special someone.
A timeless, casual lounge, with dancing,  located high above the wonderful continent of Bellisseria, but open to all.
This is the first time 'The Hideaway' has been shared publicly, and exclusively to this thread.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Brodovima/110/169/22
Take the elevator up!  :-)

Hideaway1.png

Hideaway2.png

Edited by eyecu2
Added second photo; Added 'dancing' in description
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, eyecu2 said:

O lugar perfeito para relaxar sozinho, relaxar com os amigos ou compartilhar um momento romântico com alguém especial.
Um lounge atemporal e casual, com dança, localizado bem acima do maravilhoso continente de Bellisseria, mas aberto a todos.
Esta é a primeira vez que 'The Hideaway' foi compartilhado publicamente, e exclusivamente para este tópico.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Brodovima/110/169/22
Pegue o elevador para cima! 🙂

Hideaway1.png

Hideaway2.png

very good, I will meet!

• Like 2

We put on our topsiders and went on a voyage from Fourze to Margaritaville last night!  At a top speed of 30 knots/hr, the old Piaggio LittleBee is the fastest boat we own.  It does not use AVsitter, so I didn't have a fix for the 'trying to trigger animations ..." script error (/me begins to save up for a Bandit SRV210), which we saw about every 4th region when going fast, but we persevered and the boat did not crash once.   We did this late at night, and noticed only one other boater, another speedboat which drenched us as it sped past in the opposite direction on the east coast of LogLand.

[The LittleBee has actual physical hydrofoils, which are a true hoot to use.  It only needed to be refueled once, which was almost too bad because that is also a hoot.]

This route took about 35 minutes, and as you see we stopped before really getting into the Stilt subcontinent!  Once a northern route over the top of LogLand is built, that will be faster I'm sure.  But this was a terrific tour!  I think you'd really need two people to do this, because with the map so broken, when you're going fast it helps a lot to have one person navigating as the other pilots the boat.  My partner isn't a map addict like I am, so it was really cool to be able to point out for him places we have (or used to have!) homes in, or places that we traveled to via train, as we went. 

Apologies for the outdated Belli pics, I had to fish around to find pics showing big pieces of the continents because of the FRICKIN' MAP BEING BROKEN!  You never appreciate what you have until it's gone.  I don't show a chunk of the incredibly long east Logland coast, since it's just a straight shot north all the way up.

152027228_routefourze.thumb.jpg.bdf14c3e0f04c7f99c362c11fa58989e.jpg

282974814_routelog1.jpg.9f5c6f3e3cf4169882ae8b375e44485c.jpg

780214080_routestilt.jpg.d86391646839ae3158f6980b23898df1.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Our chances at winning either a trad along the northern coastline or a houseboat with access to mainland shores seem to remain bleak so we decided to take a break from GoH and live like sailors on our actual moving, cruising houseboat. The kids don’t seem to have a problem with our living situation for now. If they want to swim or go scuba diving they can just change into their swimsuits and jump any time. We get to catch and eat fresh seafood every day as well. Today we are passing by Littoral Truth, the name alone makes me want to land a house here even if I am not crazy for stilts.

B612_20210112_023040_679.thumb.jpeg.a9abccfb2c58b113813874f6739742af.jpegB612_20210112_022902_166.thumb.jpeg.0a37820ecef4a88d5eabf12f6cb854d3.jpegB612_20210112_022936_870.thumb.jpeg.d6c68ef9a384901f34d59d3202ae2881.jpegB612_20210112_022958_722.thumb.jpeg.eccfc4de2e66ca1365b1be7f39b6a98b.jpegB612_20210112_023015_476.thumb.jpeg.45e72f12ac93fbf24721512db76e4926.jpeg

Edited by Yuumo Ichibara
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1