I Will not accept Tilia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

No wonder USA has such tax issues then forcing the need for such TOS agreements if you don't need justification. You cannot submit a tax return and simply say here's the receipts you have to be able to prove you can claim the deduction otherwise face getting audited. Just submitting the receipts as proof without justification for the expense is the very definition of Tax Fraud.

Yeah, ... I remember battleing my tax officer over the deductability of a military grade compass, ... he insisted on it being a a pure hobby investment and I had to justify every damn little feature that thing had to him (I was in the forest service at that time - we plan and control dirt roads dedicated to silvicultural use...)

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Another one of those underappreciated, underpain* underpaid jobs. I've planted a few trees myself.

Not really if you do the planning instead of the planting :P - but yeah our lumberjacks (they do the planting over here as well - both felling and planting is part of the same job here) are clearly underpayed for their hard work.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Those seem to be if you are a submitting a general tax return as a worker etc., not a business tax return. If second life is your sole business and is registered as a business you can submit a tax return for a business. Like I said, in my country it could be counted as a home business (self employed) so long as you have the required business documentation etc. It also might be the same in USA, I'm not sure. If it is then you would use the following links to explain what can and cant be claimed as a business deduction from the IRS. I'm not a tax consultant for the USA so am only going by what I know in my country so if you want to do this make sure you look into "is SL activity a business" thing first as it may not be the same in USA.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/deducting-business-expenses

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/home-office-deduction

6 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Yeah, ... I remember battleing my tax officer over the deductability of a military grade compass, ... he insisted on it being a a pure hobby investment and I had to justify every damn little feature that thing had to him (I was in the forest service at that time - we plan and control dirt roads dedicated to silvicultural use...)

Tax issues can get really silly sometimes.

Edited by Drayke Newall

46 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

Those seem to be if you are a submitting a general tax return as a worker etc., not a business tax return

Most US SL residents are filing personal income tax returns, not for a business. Those that are filing for a business can take some of the same deductions depending on the domicile of the business. 

Having been a full charge bookkeeper for an underground utility contractor for the municipalities of that state for 10 years, I am very familiar with the US tax laws.

On 7/16/2019 at 3:20 PM, Drayke Newall said:

No wonder USA has such tax issues then forcing the need for such TOS agreements if you don't need justification. You cannot submit a tax return and simply say here's the receipts you have to be able to prove you can claim the deduction otherwise face getting audited. Just submitting the receipts as proof without justification for the expense is the very definition of Tax Fraud.

That's what I mean. You cant deduct peanuts from your taxation that aren't necessary for your life, or to carry your profession.

This again crappy politics, but their repercussions affect many. To keep it short and not offensive (dont quote me here!!)
If Washington, as so often, has opted for madness again. Such wild-west methods are of course not popular in the civilized world . An expensive suit doesn't make a lady or a gentlemen. Things they think are legal are somewhere else even not. Or immoral transactions. And the other one comes back with the brainwash TV. funny
You Americans are some of the worst informed societies. To stay in topic, I would not speak specific for the u.s. like something of a jurisdiction - probably rather small childrens who are constantly begging and think they are in the right. Always trying to go with the head thru the wall.... Don't believe everything stated in the main*****media and the mendacious press. You can't be helped, I'm getting upset now.
To remember; 3/4 the worlds population resources and wealthy-ness are on the Eurasian continent, those who want to make business with them need to match their business model to. Otherwise customers run again away from you. Im off here
Edited by Monday Avril

1 hour ago, Monday Avril said:
That's what I mean. You cant deduct peanuts from your taxation that aren't necessary for your life, or to carry your profession.

This again crappy politics, but their repercussions affect many. To keep it short and not offensive (dont quote me here!!)
If Washington, as so often, has opted for madness again. Such wild-west methods are of course not popular in the civilized world . An expensive suit doesn't make a lady or a gentlemen. Things they think are legal are somewhere else even not. Or immoral transactions. And the other one comes back with the brainwash TV. funny
You Americans are some of the worst informed societies. To stay in topic, I would not speak specific for the u.s. like something of a jurisdiction - probably rather small childrens who are constantly begging and think they are in the right. Always trying to go with the head thru the wall.... Don't believe everything stated in the main*****media and the mendacious press. You can't be helped, I'm getting upset now.
To remember; 3/4 the worlds population resources and wealthy-ness are on the Eurasian continent, those who want to make business with them need to match their business model to. Otherwise customers run again away from you. Im off here

Funny thing about all that... it all came to this continent from the one across the pond. It wasn't like that before the Europeans showed up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I agree , too much control by LL who doesn't give a F**k about users , just making more money.

I refuse to be controlled and hope people open their eyes as to what is happening really.

Open Sim is far better than SL where you can get everything for FREE land included and apart from 5 grids you have no TOS to agree to. 

Hope you all check out open sim grids ..

BYE!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, tommydog said:

I agree , too much control by LL who doesn't give a F**k about users , just making more money.

I refuse to be controlled and hope people open their eyes as to what is happening really.

Open Sim is far better than SL where you can get everything for FREE land included and apart from 5 grids you have no TOS to agree to. 

Hope you all check out open sim grids ..

BYE!

Bye-bye, valued member of the Second Life community!

valued_member.png.a0d2c63dab40f815ec3d0aa877545cd2.png

I'd ask if I could have your stuff (something of a tradition when someone flounces) but you and I evidently have very different tastes. Have a good one, bud! You'll be missed around here...

1191351013_flounce02.jpg.0f16ad11ef3ea891f1e72815b80913be.jpg

• Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...

Seems Proper for staff to see this in order to understand the severity of this merge......  here is the math  EA (wannabe a.k.a Linden Labs) + Tilia (a banking UK Firm that isn't part of the US company) = Losing millions from angry users and actual people that already provide information and banking information already but Liden Lab wont admit they were breached several times in the past leaking information to hackers because of Lack of Network Security but expects the foundation of people that keeps SL from becoming a rotten decay of flesh.  I wonder how many people will leave when SL decides to patch this into their systems. i can def say they will lose an estimation of 60% of the populous in matter of days by denying the service. R.I.P Second Life  Year 2020

SL Sabotage.jpg

Edited by DemonicSage
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DemonicSage said:

Seems Proper for staff to see this in oder to understand the severity of this merge......  here is the math  EA (wannabe a.k.a Linden Labs) + Tilia (a banking UK Firm that isnt part of the US company) = Losing millions from angry users and actual people that already provide information and banking information already but Liden Lab wont admit they were breached several times in the past leaking information to hackers because of Lack of Network Security but expects the foundation of people that keeps SL from becoming a rotten decay of flesh.  I wonder how many people will leave when SL decides to patch this into their systems. i can def say they will lose an estimation of 60% of the populous in matter of days by denying the service. R.I.P Secondlife  Year 2020

SL Sabotage.jpg

Tilia has been a part of SL for years. if you buy or sell Ls on the exchange you have been using Tilia. 

Knowledge is power. Empower yourself: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

"Tilia has been a part of SL for years. if you buy or sell Ls on the exchange you have been using Tilia." 

To a degree they aren't part of linden lab they are a network banking firm located in the UK while the company of SL a.k.a was in fact on US soil. the policies given by Tilia will in fact damage Second Life as a whole which tells me the Staff of SL and the company as a whole does not care for their userbase for years , since they have damaged users of leaking private information and incidents of being hacked . but Linden Labs does not care what the community wants as a whole.....they only care about selfish needs........ i will write this statement now all who see this will agree to some degree that we don't want Tilia at all in this Platform.........if need be will will protest the company against this in legal binding .......this is neglecting consumer rights and breaking several laws......honestly if this keeps up my expectations will be right  60% population will leave SL for good and effecting the company as a whole. 

BTW I have read the policies. 

Tilia has rights to suspend your SL account if you deny services or are not current with all information asked or given.

You have to pay a fee for inactivity of the account if it reach a limit given by Linden Labs and Tilia.

Tilia and linden labs have all rights to deny transactions of L's being transfer to other users.

so if i am using the knowledge given to me i guess i am empowered to be the one that can see the honest truth masked in lies. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DemonicSage said:

Tilia (a banking UK Firm that isnt part of the US company)

@DemonicSage  Where did you get that fake news?

https://www.tilia-inc.com/contact/

619eae3316beeb4c3661810420815fb9.png.29fd59a5548e5db706bc20ea5fb15383.png

Oh, btw, do you know what Tilia actually means?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilia

The genus [Tilia] is generally called "lime" or "linden" in Britain and "linden", "lime", or "basswood" in North America.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

@DemonicSage " Where did you get that fake news?"

https://www.tilia-inc.com/contact/

619eae3316beeb4c3661810420815fb9.png.29fd59a5548e5db706bc20ea5fb15383.png875222925_oddLLScandal.thumb.png.1df65139d93c039cbffaddf0ab9f7cbc.png

hmmm odd are you sure ? 

pretty sure that's the same address as LL so i wonder if its a merger then like i said because it would make sense as to why Tilia "became a headquarters"  and that's monitored by the BBB

Edited by DemonicSage
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DemonicSage said:

If you had done the research you claim, you'd know that LL has been using Tilia FOR YEARS. Tilia is not new to SL.

They aren't breaking any US laws. They are coming into compliance with them with Tilia. 

I don't have to pay any fees for inactivity because I do not process credit aka withdrawing cash from SL.

You aren't seeing the truth. You're believing the lies. If that's what you want to do, that's on you. If people were going to leave SL over Tilia in droves, they would have done so a month ago. They're still here.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

"If you had done the research you claim, you'd know that LL has been using Tilia FOR YEARS. "

(Show me legit proof then )

"They aren't breaking any US laws. They are coming into compliance with them with Tilia."

(Tilia a company that wasn't even shown in limelight in the past since i have been a 2012 member  since then and been one of those cases that was effected by the leak/hack and was not proven that Tilia was part of SL from that time so your information is very invalid unless you can give me the exact date and not a FAQ as a lazy staff member would do and not show legit proof) 

"I don't have to pay any fees for inactivity because I do not process credit aka withdrawing cash from SL."

(that's a lie because if you are buying lindens you are using a form of credit and if you are a shop owner you are using your bank information to gain from LL.) you haven't payed fees "YET" because it was formed by 8/1/2019   plus if you are inactive then you get charged you uneducated being. )

"You aren't seeing the truth. You're believing the lies. If that's what you want to do, that's on you. If people were going to leave SL over Tilia in droves, they would have done so a month ago. They're still here."

(Prove me wrong then child i am always interested in a debate. Secondly they are still here because they haven't forced all users yet into accept the Tilia Terms of Service. ) 

Edited by DemonicSage
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DemonicSage said:

i am always interested in a debate

Are you? Truly? Then learn how to conduct one on a forum by quoting people correctly. Your words should go outside the quote, not inside it. By responding within the quote you are putting your words into their mouths. (Bracketing your responses like this doesn't cut it, either.)

In addition: when people who are not part of your 'debate' see you resorting to ad-hominem attacks such as -

25 minutes ago, DemonicSage said:

you uneducated being

and patronising sarcasm such as -

25 minutes ago, DemonicSage said:

Prove me wrong then child

then those 'outside-the-debate' people see that you are already on the back foot in said 'debate' and that you most likely are only a few steps away from Godwin.

(Regarding the 'child' thing, I'll leave Selene to tell you how old she is, because she'll probably enjoy doing that. It did give me a good chuckle, though.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.