gwendol1ne

I Will not accept Tilia

26 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Udder bovine fecal matter.

Pull the udder one.

• Like 2

Just now, Amina Sopwith said:

Pull the udder one.

This digressive series of puns will undoubtedly entrail a lock on the thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This digressive series of puns will undoubtedly entrail a lock on the thread.

Then we'd better make hay while the sun shines, and milk it for all we can.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:
43 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Offally good.

Udder bovine fecal matter.

Hey, it took guts!

• Like 1

Have the mods not herd us yet? I hope they don't start having any sort of beef with us over this. It's all very amoosing, after all.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Have the mods not herd us yet? I hope they don't start having any sort of beef with us over this. It's all very amoosing, after all.

Punny!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I think we broke Amina.

No, I've always been like this.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2019 at 5:27 PM, moirakathleen said:

Not necessarily.  I think it's being proactive, so that if I am blessed enough to become a creator next year and make enough to want to process credit, I won't be surprised at that point about having to provide ID and tax information.

People who have processed credit that reached some threshold have had to provide the type of identification information for a few years now, already.  What sounds like it will be different to me is that all people processing credit will be required to do so, not just the ones who reach some dollar amount or number of transaction threshold. 

There was something a few years ago about it.....

This reminds me more as acting like a dictatorship than of free market economies. Wait! Although the larger part of the transactions here is probably more in the 3-digit range. The "rationale" from the tax authorities that the whole is against 'money laundering and/or the fight against terrorism funding' -laugh - is fathomless. And we know the most companies today in the western hemisphere will be slapt by their customers if they try to add something fancy like this.

Yet this is precisely where 1% of the world's super - rich population is actively engaged in more money laundering and tax evasion-and in many places they still roll this crooks out the red carpet. Check this out. A good example;

Hearsay and evidence are always two facts. So here we are only interested in the fact where and when these 'facts' had been passed that they are 'legally'.  Or at least publish a longer excerpt of it here.

Remember LL, those who works very transparently has the much better image and acceptance by customers as those who spread facts on the basis of hearsay. Again some psychology. By the first you dudes will be after recognized as the smart guys. The customers can still decide  later how they want to keep this. Personally, i dont trust the falcons who created this new so called regulations - and we keep in mind how many data sets from credit card companies have been stolen in the u.s. in the past. And who
knows for what else they will use your personal data if you once want to enter the united states. If.
Sorry guys, i dont trust them.
Edited by Monday Avril
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Monday Avril said:
Yet this is precisely where 1% of the world's super - rich population is actively engaged in more money laundering and tax evasion-and in many places they still roll this crooks out the red carpet. Check this out. A good example;

That's not necessarily money laundering or tax evasion it is being smart working within the law. It can be this for anyone carrying on a business anywhere, unless tax laws are substantially different in the USA. For example if you make an income solely off second life, at least in my country I may be able to get deductions for:

• Electricity
  • internet
  •  $x deduction for using my home office depending on how long I work on SL things
  • computer and accessories needed
  • buying a new a/c for the room I work from
  • furniture

List is endless so long as your tax laws allow such deductions and you can prove you use it solely for income from carrying out a certain business. By doing this it is quite easy to get a $0 tax bill.

That said, what some companies do like Apple, Google, Amazon etc. is have all their money transferred to a country whereby their tax rate is lower than their own country meaning they pay the bare minimum tax within their own country or nothing at all. That is wrong and is been looked at by all goverments to try and stop. Is also why it surprised me to see Tilia being a UK company and not USA unless I read it wrong.

Edited by Drayke Newall

3 hours ago, Monday Avril said:

Hearsay and evidence are always two facts.

“Hearsay” is inadmissible in court.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

“Hearsay” is inadmissible in court.

.... not quite - it might lead to sudden growth spurts of the witness list in some legal systems ...

19 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

.... not quite - it might lead to sudden growth spurts of the witness list in some legal systems ...

In the US, on television at least, a common objection to witness testimony is “hearsay, your honor!” - to which if the judge agrees, the jury is directed to disregard the remarks which triggered the objection of hearsay.

4 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

or example if you make an income solely off second life, at least in my country I may be able to get deductions for:

Literally anything can be a business expense and you don't have to worry about justification .. just keep your receipts.

22 hours ago, RachelWales said:

I'm just wondering what happens to the funds that are in my Second Life account already. Do I lose what I have invested?

The whole ID thing doesn't come into effect until 1st August. So cash your funds out before then if you want, and you won't have to provide ID.

5 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

Tilia being a UK company and not USA unless I read it wrong.

Tilia is based in San Fran... https://www.tilia-inc.com/

8 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:
23 hours ago, RachelWales said:

I'm just wondering what happens to the funds that are in my Second Life account already. Do I lose what I have invested?

The whole ID thing doesn't come into effect until 1st August. So cash your funds out before then if you want, and you won't have to provide ID.

If you don't have a USD balance, Tilia doesn't apply to you. Purchasing L$ through your viewer or on the Lindex has no bearing on Tilia. Tilia only comes into play when you cash out. I do not believe she is talking about cashing out, rather about her L$ balance. 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Literally anything can be a business expense and you don't have to worry about justification .. just keep your receipts.

No wonder USA has such tax issues then forcing the need for such TOS agreements if you don't need justification. You cannot submit a tax return and simply say here's the receipts you have to be able to prove you can claim the deduction otherwise face getting audited. Just submitting the receipts as proof without justification for the expense is the very definition of Tax Fraud.

18 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Tilia is based in San Fran... https://www.tilia-inc.com/

Apologies got confused wherein the TOS it has Tilia Branch UK. didn't see the Tilia Inc. mentioned before it.

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

No wonder USA has such tax issues then forcing the need for such TOS agreements if you don't need justification. You cannot submit a tax return and simply say here's the receipts you have to be able to prove you can claim the deduction otherwise face getting audited. Just submitting the receipts as proof without justification for the expense is the very definition of Tax Fraud.

That's not how it works in the US. 

https://www.thebalance.com/itemized-deductions-3192880

https://www.thebalance.com/standard-deduction-or-itemized-deductions-3193142

Edited by Selene Gregoire

On 7/15/2019 at 3:28 PM, RachelWales said:

Then, you verify age for Adult sites only. In Moderate sites they shouldn't be do anything that would land them in jail. There are other gaming sites on the net that don't exclude age groups.

Just no, why the hell should we all have to verify just because you feel younger players should be allowed onto sl. That is after all what your suggestion leads to. Moderate sites are allowed to have sex on them as well, merely it cannot be in the open. SL had age verification once and they dropped it. Given all the furore over people not wanting to have to verify identity due to tilia you really think age verification is going to fly

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In the US, on television at least, a common objection to witness testimony is “hearsay, your honor!” - to which if the judge agrees, the jury is directed to disregard the remarks which triggered the objection of hearsay.

Hearsay in the legal sense has a much narrower definition and more exceptions than most people imagine. Check Federal Rules of Evidence 801-807 to get an idea. You can easily find them by consulting “the Google” if you are curious. 

Edited by Female Winslet
  • Like 1