Jump to content
LakotaBlue Tuqiri

NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!

Recommended Posts

It may be more turnover at the end of July.

I read this, and it does not affect me at all. But over in General discussion, there are people claiming they will quit Premium. Maybe some will cool down and stay. Still, I think that the last week of July and the first week of August will be a good time to crack your fingers and turn on auto refresh on the Linden Home page.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the day of mass release for the trailer homes will be a good day to try for a traditional house or boat too; I think a lot of people will drop them in hope of getting a trailer. 

I won't switch for less than 1024m but I think some will, especially if they need tier for mainland elsewhere.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I think the day of mass release for the trailer homes will be a good day to try for a traditional house or boat too; I think a lot of people will drop them in hope of getting a trailer. 

I won't switch for less than 1024m but I think some will, especially if they need tier for mainland elsewhere.

I've commented that same, but had quite a bit of disagreement with me on it.

Time will tell.

 

 

35 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

The quicker we gets the trailers mass release the better. With demand bein what it is, the moles could work flat out for literal years an not meet it - they needs to toss in a few "cookie cutter" quick areas as well as the fancy, individual ones. Trailers could work well with this - they not all need to be on super fancy individual plots, we could have a few bunched together around a feature, or near a "park communal" sort of unique area.

I personally hope they never revert back to any sort of cookie cutter mode with the new Linden Homes.  I'd rather pay higher fees so that they can hire more contractors.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've commented that same, but had quite a bit of disagreement with me on it.

Time will tell.

I personally hope they never revert back to any sort of cookie cutter mode with the new Linden Homes.  I'd rather pay higher fees so that they can hire more contractors.

I think that once the Bellisseria continent is complete it would be relatively simple to duplicate it as necessary to meet demand.  It might seem slow right now but in time, I bet the whole process will be much simpler to simply replicate the entire continent and there will be enough new Linden Homes for everyone.

Though I wonder how that will affect communities. Will each new LH continent develop their own insular communities? Will they be competitive rivals? Will they combine and co-operate? Will they just ignore each other?

It would be nice if they were connected by sailable water though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the Lindens please tell us how soon after a house/Boat are abandoned are they put back in to circulation e.g 5 mins, 24 hours, as I abandoned a boat and it did not get re occupied for over 2 days?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Frankief said:

Can the Lindens please tell us how soon after a house/Boat are abandoned are they put back in to circulation e.g 5 mins, 24 hours, as I abandoned a boat and it did not get re occupied for over 2 days?

 

ehm.. you abandoned it because you didn't like it i assume?... why concern about a new availability for the same parcel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Though I wonder how that will affect communities. Will each new LH continent develop their own insular communities? Will they be competitive rivals? Will they combine and co-operate? Will they just ignore each other?

as the current movements already show, the fire under the stove is lowered, there is a certain core that still has the dream about a continentwide community, but it's not as alive as the first weeks. In spite of what some try to show, it's a very select group of active residents, most residents on the continent can't be bothered about bellisseria groups.
If you see the biggest Bellisseria group has around 1500 members and close to 4000 homes/boats by now .. that should be at least show a equivalent amount of members, not even half is in it..and from that half at least 50% inactive( even a low estimate when you see most groups have >90% lurkers), only joined to get the notices and info, no real participation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Alwin Alcott Having a sense of community is just as important as being actively involved. The presence of a very active core of residents is a good sign, and not something that happens in most of the rest of mainland. It would be utter chaos, and unlikely, if everyone joined in. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

the presence of a very active core of residents is a good sign,

normally not a good sign, it mostly ends with a few dictators rule, or try rule, the group
 

 

15 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

 not something that happens in most of the rest of mainland.

i don't see where the mainland is involved in this discussion, it's about bellisseria groups

 

 

16 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

It would be utter chaos, and unlikely, if everyone joined in. 

sorry but i had the impression community groups would like to have all in, you prefer more elitism?

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Frankief said:

Can the Lindens please tell us how soon after a house/Boat are abandoned are they put back in to circulation e.g 5 mins, 24 hours, as I abandoned a boat and it did not get re occupied for over 2 days?

 

I heard it could take up to 2 days ..So hopefully you get something you like😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

sorry but i had the impression community groups would like to have all in, you prefer more elitism?

Hehe, I should have checked the thread title before joining in. (the word Rant should have been a clue)
It's just how it is with community organising, one or two people have the time, resources and motivation to make the long term commitment. Most others just join in for the fun bits.

With the greater number of groups available for premium members there isn't any barrier to starting new interest groups, in fact in would probably be a good thing as the present inworld chats move so fast it is very hard to keep up at times (don't misconstrue this as lack of welcome to joining those existing groups though, plenty of not yet citizens take part)

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frankief said:

Can the Lindens please tell us how soon after a house/Boat are abandoned are they put back in to circulation e.g 5 mins, 24 hours, as I abandoned a boat and it did not get re occupied for over 2 days?

 

Not "occupied" or actually not "claimed"?  There is a difference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not "occupied" or actually not "claimed"?  There is a difference.

Not Claimed 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this refreshing roulette game is ridiculous. Can't they just release a big amount so everybody gets one already?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

this refreshing roulette game is ridiculous.

don't use it than, it's made up by residents, just be patient like the other 34000 people still waiting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

don't use it than, it's made up by residents, just be patient like the other 34000 people still waiting.

They really just ought to mass produce them like they did the old ones so everybody could get one by now... 😂

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlyceAdrift said:

They really just ought to mass produce them like they did the old ones so everybody could get one by now... 😂

did you even read the official blogs and messages? I think you didn't or would know why it's done this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

did you even read the official blogs and messages? I think you didn't or would know why it's done this way.

I did. I've just been refreshing for 2 months almost daily now and still don't have one... hard to be a home & decor blogger when you don't have a home, is all 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

They really just ought to mass produce them like they did the old ones so everybody could get one by now... 😂

I think the reason everyone wants one of the new ones is precisely because they are NOT mass produced like the old ones were. ;)

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think the reason everyone wants one of the new ones is precisely because they are NOT mass produced like the old ones were. ;)

I guess it is double LI quota and sailable sea access - they are IMHO still mass produced - they might get more attention and demand more time, but show me one corner of the continent where the streets do not look alike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

I guess it is double LI quota and sailable sea access - they are IMHO still mass produced - they might get more attention and demand more time, but show me one corner of the continent where the streets do not look alike.

I don't think there are too many that would agree with you on that, but I can't do anything about how you see it. To me, the regions are not at all alike, and show a lot of individual touches that you would not see with mass production. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have just about given up hope on getting a new one.

8 Weeks homeless (since I had to give up the old one first)

8 Weeks of refreshing that stupid page, and on the very few times one has been available, losing it because of the second stupid page you have click on again and then it's sold out, try again

Just sell lottery tickets and make it easier.. or..

@Patch Linden how about a SENSIBLE way to do this?

1. Let us go out to the new regions and look at the houses.. if one is not taken, click the mailbox and let us RESERVE it right there. Operative word. RESERVE. You do not have abandon your old home right then.

2. The RESERVATION is good for 48 hours, time to pack up your old home neatly,abandon the old one.

3, Then go back to your reservation and CLAIM the new one.

Isn't that simple? less pain, less frustration.less network traffic (refresh, refresh, refresh), less broken keyboards...

Conversely..how about a WAITING LIST.. get on the list, when the house of your chose type comes available, you get it RESERVED and notice emailed/IM to you with the location.

Go to step 2 above.

 

Edited by Ilana Debevec
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Ilana Debevec said:

I have just about given up hope on getting a new one.

8 Weeks homeless (since I had to give up the old one first)

8 Weeks of refreshing that stupid page, and on the very few times one has been available, losing it because of the second stupid page you have click on again and then it's sold out, try again

Just sell lottery tickets and make it easier.. or..

@Patch Linden how about a SENSIBLE way to do this?

1. Let us go out to the new regions and look at the houses.. if one is not taken, click the mailbox and let us RESERVE it right there. Operative word. RESERVE. You do not have abandon your old home right then.

2. The RESERVATION is good for 48 hours, time to pack up your old home neatly,abandon the old one.

3, Then go back to your reservation and CLAIM the new one.

Isn't that simple? less pain, less frustration.less network traffic (refresh, refresh, refresh), less broken keyboards...

Conversely..how about a WAITING LIST.. get on the list, when the house of your chose type comes available, you get it RESERVED and notice emailed/IM to you with the location.

Go to step 2 above.

 

Yeah I would love if they did it this way😀 don't give up! Hang in there 😍

Edited by LakotaBlue Tuqiri
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...