When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Currently on LP:

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 6.22.13 PM.png

EDIT: Right after I posted, Stilt Home on Land popped up, too. 

That is what it has looked like for most of the day. 

I'm pretty sure I've never seen Houseboats stay there that long unless an actually Houseboat release was happening.  Apparently, many of the Houseboat folks have decided they prefer the Stilts.  Not surprising since it is more of a house-like home, but with the water aspect.  Also the parcels of even the side-by-side pier Stilts are nowhere near as cramped as the rectangular Houseboats, due to the square parcel size.  

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That is what it has looked like for most of the day. 

I'm pretty sure I've never seen Houseboats stay there that long unless an actually Houseboat release was happening.  Apparently, many of the Houseboat folks have decided they prefer the Stilts.  Not surprising since it is more of a house-like home, but with the water aspect.  Also the parcels of even the side-by-side pier Stilts are nowhere near as cramped as the rectangular Houseboats, due to the square parcel size.  

Don't forget that there are new houseboats in the new stilts regions. I have no idea whether they have been releasing along with the stilts, but I'm assuming that might be the case.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Don't forget that there are new houseboats in the new stilts regions. I have no idea whether they have been releasing along with the stilts, but I'm assuming that might be the case.

True, but I have been periodically grabbing houseboats over the last few days and they have all been abandoned original release Houseboats.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

True, but I have been periodically grabbing houseboats over the last few days and they have all been abandoned original release Houseboats.

Assuming from that we can draw the conclusion that new HBs have not yet been released (again, I have no idea whether that is the case), there's still the possibility that people are dumping old HBs in preparation for when the new ones are available. 

EDIT: A quick look at the map verified that HBs in the stilts region HAVE been released. :) 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Assuming from that we can draw the conclusion that new HBs have not yet been released (again, I have no idea whether that is the case), there's still the possibility that people are dumping old HBs in preparation for when the new ones are available. 

EDIT: A quick look at the map verified that HBs in the stilts region HAVE been released. :) 

Some have been released - I just nabbed one of those a few minutes ago, in Tide Down.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

wow.. got the same stilt OL in blackchappel 3 days in a row. I guess it is not very popular and is frequently abandoned. It is at the top of a hill and no where near water, but the deck is close to a neighbor's house and that neighbor keeps a large military helicopter right beside the house's back deck.

I just abandoned it... and two more people grabbed it and abandoned it today in less than 5 minutes. It is currently available again but not sure it is one you will want to grab....

Edit: well shortly after I posted this, someone else grabbed home and has kept it for at least 10 minutes now. So maybe not as unpopular as I thought.

Edited by Teresa Firelight
adding data
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

wow.. got the same stilt OL in blackchappel 3 days in a row. I guess it is not very popular and is frequently abandoned. It is at the top of a hill and no where near water, but the deck is close to a neighbor's house and that neighbor keeps a large military helicopter right beside the house's back deck.

I just abandoned it... and two more people grabbed it and abandoned it today in less than 5 minutes. It is currently available again but not sure it is one you will want to grab....

Edit: well shortly after I posted this, someone else grabbed home and has kept it for at least 10 minutes now. So maybe not as unpopular as I thought.

as far as i can see its still owned 

• Like 2

I desperately needed a distraction from watching the news so clicked on a Houseboat on the land page and got one in Baby Buoy (cute name!!), a new stilts area region.  All boats are Linden Home.  I clicked on some parcel land and the ones I checked have never been claimed yet. Fresh boats  :D 

added:   ooops my boat vanished when I clicked the controller, just a heads up

Edited by Malayaa
new info
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Malayaa said:

I desperately needed a distraction from watching the news so clicked on a Houseboat on the land page and got one in Baby Buoy (cute name!!), a new stilts area region.  All boats are Linden Home.  I clicked on some parcel land and the ones I checked have never been claimed yet. Fresh boats  :D 

Two hours after you posted I clicked on a houseboat to see what happened & I got one in Tide Down so there are still boats available in the new areas.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tazara Bailey said:

Releasing an On Land Stilt at 10:45 SLT at Bucanneer, 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Buccaneer/165/108/21

Also another fantastic location log home - facing the water, and water on 2 sides 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Traderest/73/78/51

Snapshot_044.png

Snapshot_045.png

Snapshot_047.png

I used to own the one in Traderest when the region was first released. Loved it. Kept it for a little while. Hope you enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

Hey friends! I just caught this OL stilt tonight that could be a great home for the right person. It has a little pond, a fair amount of space and greenery behind and to the side, and a rez zone right out front. Definitely more privacy than many other OL stilts and has some great features. It's also only one door down from a little tropical bar.

I'm going to release it in roughly ten minutes, 10:30pm SLT.

Snapshot_005.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Hey friends! I just caught this OL stilt tonight that could be a great home for the right person. It has a little pond, a fair amount of space and greenery behind and to the side, and a rez zone right out front. Definitely more privacy than many other OL stilts and has some great features. It's also only one door down from a little tropical bar.

I'm going to release it in roughly ten minutes, 10:30pm SLT.

Snapshot_005.jpg

Released and currently in maintenance!

EDIT: TAKEN!

Edited by Cyanide Pixie

11 hours ago, Malayaa said:

Well, hello neighbor! I needed a distraction tonight too while that joint session was ongoing and I rolled a houseboat in Baby Buoy that I might be keeping. I like my Penitent Beach houseboat I've had for a while but now I'm having to decide which I want to keep. I told myself I only wanted a houseboat connected to the main continent (like Penitent Beach) but the Baby Buoy houseboat I grabbed is a square corner parcel (bottom right corner of the region) and has lower lag. It feels nice not being sandwiched between two other houseboats so maybe living on an island isn't so bad after all... Gonna have to decorate and see how it feels compared to the other one.

Actually, question while I'm here... Does anyone know if the open water regions next to these new houseboat regions will stay open sailing water or if they will be filled with homes eventually? Some of the names I've seen hint at being reserved for sailing waters but not all.

b25bd80460ba1e748b866d4cf2e1af0c.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Actually, question while I'm here... Does anyone know if the open water regions next to these new houseboat regions will stay open sailing water or if they will be filled with homes eventually? Some of the names I've seen hint at being reserved for sailing waters but not all.

Who can know. Now it is 2 Stilt home regions, where one is "lined" with houseboats on one side.

We do not know if both Stilt regions will be "lined" with houseboats all around, or if one is, or if it is no more houseboats added to the Stilt continents.

I for one, hope they are not! It is not that I hate houseboats, but the colors are so different. So much darker colors on both deck and panel. I think Stilt enviroment and colors are so different from earlier themes that they do not mix well with others.

But back to the question. I guess that the regions between the two Stilt continents will have at least 1 region wide open water canal going from West to East. And I have not heard it from somebody, it is just a feeling.

It is enough regions there, that the other Stilt continent can be lined with houseboats and leave room for open water in between.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Well, hello neighbor! I needed a distraction tonight too while that joint session was ongoing and I rolled a houseboat in Baby Buoy that I might be keeping. I like my Penitent Beach houseboat I've had for a while but now I'm having to decide which I want to keep. I told myself I only wanted a houseboat connected to the main continent (like Penitent Beach) but the Baby Buoy houseboat I grabbed is a square corner parcel (bottom right corner of the region) and has lower lag. It feels nice not being sandwiched between two other houseboats so maybe living on an island isn't so bad after all... Gonna have to decorate and see how it feels compared to the other one.

None of us know, we can only speculate. I would say that regions laid out as sailable water would stay that way as it creates the for the residents in the nearby homes, and anyone who visits, the ability to sail/fly, enjoy the water and get around easily. I am not aware of any example of such a region subsequently being developed for housing. I think the vision for Bellisseria is enhancing the new continent visually and enhancing the inworld experience. So my answer is 'yes' :)

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Lloyd Overland said:

None of us know, we can only speculate. I would say that regions laid out as sailable water would stay that way as it creates the for the residents in the nearby homes, and anyone who visits, the ability to sail/fly, enjoy the water and get around easily. I am not aware of any example of such a region subsequently being developed for housing. I think the vision for Bellisseria is enhancing the new continent visually and enhancing the inworld experience. So my answer is 'yes' :)

This is my observation as well. We've seen from the regions with homes on them that the regions receive names near release time, when they are pretty much completed. If a sailable water region has a name, I think it's staying "as is" and homes will not suddenly materialize. 

Now a void region is a whole other story, and if someone has one of those near their stilt or houseboat, they can't count on their open view staying the same. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

This is my observation as well. We've seen from the regions with homes on them that the regions receive names near release time, when they are pretty much completed. If a sailable water region has a name, I think it's staying "as is" and homes will not suddenly materialize. 

Now a void region is a whole other story, and if someone has one of those near their stilt or houseboat, they can't count on their open view staying the same. 

I agree 100% regarding void regions, anything could go there at any time. Or it may stay void forever. In this regard I am fascinated in which direction, and to what extent the continent will grow - is it north east toward Satori or who knows. I'm guessing that may drive void ocean to become something else as they create the increased landmass. All interesting stuff :)

• Like 4

As there obviously won't be a big Stilt release before Monday (if any in the near future) I decided to keep my hunter- alts amused by looking for Houseboats. Three of them in a row got all locations at Ethel Merman - all with broken contollers who could NOT be reset by hovering and left pressing for any number of seconds.

As the location isn't too bad (view of the stilts and of open sea) I kept two of them for the time being and abandoned the third - with no boat at all.

The glitch with the controllers will no doubt be mended ... on Monday?

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

As there obviously won't be a big Stilt release before Monday (if any in the near future) I decided to keep my hunter- alts amused by looking for Houseboats. Three of them in a row got all locations at Ethel Merman - all with broken contollers who could NOT be reset by hovering and left pressing for any number of seconds.

As the location isn't too bad (view of the stilts and of open sea) I kept two of them for the time being and abandoned the third - with no boat at all.

The glitch with the controllers will no doubt be mended ... on Monday?

if doing a mass release is to hard why not just go region by region ? always better then nothing at all 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Atina0 said:

if doing a mass release is to hard why not just go region by region ? always better then nothing at all 

Yes, I think can go back to manual releases. It was a lot of stress then too, because all were monitoring Bellisseria chat and the forums, trying to not miss a release of one region. Plus sighs from people who were at work, or went to the bathroom, came back and all homes were taken. It feels better if it is a steady flow spread over several days in a row.

I am taking one alt back to Basic if it is no release today. I do not pay for one month more, unless she can catch a very, very good house.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.