When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I think we have to distinguish between hopping around for the sheer joy of hopping, which some are still doing, and hopping to find a better home.  If you're looking for a better home to keep, it's important to know when to stop.  Neighbors are very important.  The homes my partner & I are keeping are wonderful TO US; my favorite home in Belli was an abandon on Millers Pond.  Our build is very small, we use it as we would a cabin in Maine, you know?  It just has a great country-getaway feeling to it.  The area is pretty, and we have a water rez zone across the street.  But a veteran hopper might abandon it immediately, because it's not spectacular. Just very very nice.

We're also probably keeping the houseboat on Fourze that I made into a studio, which my partner now is doing the same with.  It's a wonderful site, with a lighthouse, next to the river down to Camperwich.  It, too, was an abandon.  Different strokes.

The Joy of Hopping has many aspects - I love hopping just to see different parcels (i LURVE looking at real estate RL), and get a rush whenever I succeed on the land page. Hopping a lot can lead to becoming jaded with certain parcel designs, and immediate abandons, which people share here in hopes that the parcel finds a good owner.  I hope readers realize that residents who are actively hopping often are playing sort of a Belli meta-game; it may have little to do with settling down into a Linden Home.  Because you are right, some of those quick abandons are great properties with terrific neighbors. 

You've probably noticed that some forumites have entered a phase of settling in, letting monthly premiums expire on alts, and enjoying our toys and parcels.  I'm moving into that phase now, having a blast just hanging out in Belli, made a couple of neighbor-friends, doing more adventuring.   I've gone ATVing twice on the unbuilt land south of the campers, what a blast! My partner & I have expired two premium alts, and will another after I've landscaped one very nice parcel that I can't see keeping.  Haven't been participating in recent releases at all, so for the moment I'm no longer a hopper. That may change when new themes arise, but by then we'll probably be ready to let current homes go.  For now, I'm enjoying not know what region will release next :)

Uh oh!  Now I am enticed to get another premium!  😂

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Weirder. 

I can get into the Aderly and the Adams (although only 1 door of the front one opens on the Adams) but not the Continental or the Winchester.

Although, the 2nd floor balcony doors will open on the Winchester.

Like, wth? 

I normally lurk on the forum, but since I saw this, I thought I should sign in to tell you the exact thing happened to me and I contacted Quartz Mole (after reading here somewhere to do so with house issues), and he came and fixed it. I was offline, but he left me a message and said he restarted the region and replaced the home. It sounds like the guy you were talking to earlier was having the same problem?

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, MilaElkei said:

I normally lurk on the forum, but since I saw this, I thought I should sign in to tell you the exact thing happened to me and I contacted Quartz Mole (after reading here somewhere to do so with house issues), and he came and fixed it. I was offline, but he left me a message and said he restarted the region and replaced the home. It sounds like the guy you were talking to earlier was having the same problem?

Thanks, yep that's what I was going to do but I figured it was after hours and didn't want to bother him. But I suppose it doesn't hurt to send a notecard.

I needed the reminder so thanks!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

We're also probably keeping the houseboat on Fourze that I made into a studio, which my partner now is doing the same with.  It's a wonderful site, with a lighthouse, next to the river down to Camperwich.  It, too, was an abandon.  Different strokes.

Hi neighbor! I'm in the houseboat on Fourze that's right under the lighthouse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cricket Portland said:

Uh oh!  Now I am enticed to get another premium!  😂

That's exactly my sentiments when someone reminds me that virtual house hopping is killing the planet or something equally as dire. 🙄

For the record I'm one of those old house hoppers who are finally settling in and as of yesterday I am out of the house-hopping race (though that may change depending on what styles come next). It had nothing to do with the neighbours or accepting my lot or the denigration oft vocalized in this and similar threads; I finally got a beach parcel that I had wanted from the very start. So now I am happy and I have absolutely zero issue with anyone else chasing their happy too for as long as it takes them to find it. Telling people they shouldn't do something is likely going to make them want it more. But keep fighting a good fight. For now at least me and my 3 premium alts are all bowing out. Good luck to everyone still looking and I hope you find what you are searching for soon. 

❤️😊👍

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

The Joy of Hopping has many aspects - I love hopping just to see different parcels (i LURVE looking at real estate RL), and get a rush whenever I succeed on the land page. Hopping a lot can lead to becoming jaded with certain parcel designs, and immediate abandons, which people share here in hopes that the parcel finds a good owner.  I hope readers realize that residents who are actively hopping often are playing sort of a Belli meta-game; it may have little to do with settling down into a Linden Home.  Because you are right, some of those quick abandons are great properties with terrific neighbors. 

There is a big difference between just playing a hopping game and endlessly making negative comments about the rejected parcels. I assumed that @Cricket Portland meant the latter, and I agree with her. It's indeed sad to see how some continually find fault and feel compelled to criticize every little perceived "flaw" in the homes and parcels.

Personally, I don't much care how many times people throw homes back, but the stream of negativity about them is unfortunate, especially when you consider that many folks reading the thoughtless comments would dearly love to have any Belli home at all. (And of course, the Moles who build the homes and parcels can see the comments, as well, but maybe those who post them do not care.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

There is a big difference between just playing a hopping game and endlessly making negative comments about the rejected parcels. I assumed that @Cricket Portland meant the latter, and I agree with her. It's indeed sad to see how some continually find fault and feel compelled to criticize every little perceived "flaw" in the homes and parcels.

Personally, I don't much care how many times people throw homes back, but the stream of negativity about them is unfortunate, especially when you consider that many folks reading the thoughtless comments would dearly love to have any Belli home at all. (And of course, the Moles who build the homes and parcels can see the comments, as well, but maybe those who post them do not care.)

Yes, thank you, Sylvia.  That is what I meant, the latter.  I just decided to wave it off when I realized I was misunderstood.

• Like 2

What I have learnt from hopping which was mainly for fun on my part and the love of the place - is that if you only want one home or location and you are using alts to find it you will always be faced with "just one more hop" or the "alt to main switch" or forever be on alt accounts. Better to cease all alts (if you only want one home on your main account) and be prepared to be homeless if you land a parcel and want to try for a different one. Obviously if you want more than one home at a time this does not apply! I've sat out all new releases too for a long time now but that camper release really threw me off balance!!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, tootsiepop1 said:

See our property is exactly positioned the same way yet we see no water at all I am thinking it has to be something that is obstructing the view have to really get on the game and check. Funny thing is we have the same little beach fence in the front just nice that your balcony faces the way of the water where ours does not that may be another reason we cant see the water also.

Well MY Winchester balcony doesn't face the sea either. What you see is the FRONT Winchester balcony which is part of  a big addon I bought. Yesterday @Marianne Little kindly gave me another frontbalcony she made (with an outside stairs to it)  and as soon as I retextured and stored the big addon this is the second one I'll try.

But eventually I guess I'll abandon this parcel and retry my luck further south along the coastline of the Pickle.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MilaElkei said:

Well the whole region Lostbell was gone for some time.

I jumped to a neighbouring region and stared into nothingness.

As I was anyway just leaving SL to retire to bed I thought it would be solved tomorrow and did not worry ;)

7 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

... It's indeed sad to see how some continually find fault and feel compelled to criticize every little perceived "flaw" in the homes and parcels. Personally, I don't much care how many times people throw homes back, but the stream of negativity about them is unfortunate...

If I cried out "Hurray I've got a house in yxz!" and afterwards announce that I am abondoning it again, I feel that I should explain why. That has nothing to do with saying this parcel or the whole region is no good. It is just a matter of personal taste. I for instance want a seaview but do not like a sandparcel and do not appreciate waterfront if that is only a lake or river. Those are purely MY criterias if I like a house or don't - other people my have other preferences.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

If I cried out "Hurray I've got a house in yxz!" and afterwards announce that I am abondoning it again, I feel that I should explain why. That has nothing to do with saying this parcel or the whole region is no good. It is just a matter of personal taste. I for instance want a seaview but do not like a sandparcel and do not appreciate waterfront if that is only a lake or river. Those are purely MY criterias if I like a house or don't - other people my have other preferences.

And others again, want rivers or lakes, with bridges around. And some want up in the mountains, while another one looking for a green landscape for an English garden, will take a look at their mountain home and abandon it.

It is nothing wrong with having a vision for what one wants.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

In a future region I will take some pictures of,  a Home there has a Waterfall in front across the road.  Forest view behind in the backyard.  On the left side linden land between that neighbor.  I imagine some "I'm settled in" former Hoppers will be trying to get there!  

Wandering the future regions I saw there. plenty of Homes and more Houseboats.  More for everybody coming to Bellis. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE205/170/18/33

This is a loud waterfall too, sounds great!

38102b2a436c8f62df929ed52a11cd60.jpg

ec5fb5ebeff7ebb88f740e14bf751bde.jpg

Edited by Shield Markus
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I could go through this thread and easily copy negative comments to illustrate what I am talking about, but no need to. I figure everyone has the same ability to read that I do. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

And others again, want rivers or lakes, with bridges around. And some want up in the mountains, while another one looking for a green landscape for an English garden, will take a look at their mountain home and abandon it.

It is nothing wrong with having a vision for what one wants.

No, there is nothing wrong with that. And that's not what I'm talking about.

If someone doesn't like a parcel, fine... abandon it. There's no need to catalog for everyone all the perceived "flaws", is there? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Cricket Portland said:

I have noticed some poo-pooing of parcels in the past and recently, and it makes me sad.  I am ashamed to say that I have been influenced by the negative comments and abandoned a few to seek something I didn't realize was out there until I read comments here. I wish I didn't because I had nice neighbors. Sometimes I feel like I am reading a private entry from someone's journal and feel embarrassed after reading what I think should be private thoughts. I might be silly, but I am in awe of each any every little thing in Bellisseria, and a big WOW and THANK YOU goes out to the Lindens and Moles.

Taking it so far; as to blame others for your decisions to abandon parcels is greatly exaggerating it, I would say...

Using so many negative words in one post, like ashamed, influenced, embarassed, is not better than the ones who called a parcel boring or not special.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

What I have learnt from hopping which was mainly for fun on my part and the love of the place - is that if you only want one home or location and you are using alts to find it you will always be faced with "just one more hop" or the "alt to main switch" or forever be on alt accounts. Better to cease all alts (if you only want one home on your main account) and be prepared to be homeless if you land a parcel and want to try for a different one. Obviously if you want more than one home at a time this does not apply! I've sat out all new releases too for a long time now but that camper release really threw me off balance!!

I don't mind my Linden Home(s) being forever in an Alt's name.  I have maintained a number of Premium alts for years anyway.  The 'set to group' function makes it easy enough for me to do almost anything at the home locations, so the alt that actually owns the place still almost never logs on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Taking it so far; as to blame others for your decisions to abandon parcels is greatly exaggerating it, I would say...

Using so many negative words in one post, like ashamed, influenced, embarassed, is not better than the ones who called a parcel boring or not special.

Okay, but that's not what some people do. I've seen parcels in this thread referred to as "trash", "throwaway", "ugly", "ghetto" (for the ENTIRE Squishy Pickle area), and other derogatory things.

That isn't a matter of preference - that is insulting the work of others, namely the Moles and Lindens who created them. 

There is nothing wrong with saying you're abandoning because you want a better view, or more water, or a spot along a river, or whatever. There is something wrong with being unnecessarily hateful about why any particular parcel or area isn't up to your mythical unicorn standards. 

• Like 9

I think it is wonderful that there are people who can love and appreciate the homes others have abandoned.  Every place has good points and usually something not as desirable, not everyone is looking for the same thing, fortunately!

Yesterday I got a parcel in Lostbell on an alt - it is one of the nicer parcels but I was looking for a house to make into a haunted house for Halloween and it might be too nice a location!  I am having fun decorating it in more of a romantic vintage style while deciding what to do.

Best wishes to all looking for their dream home.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't mind my Linden Home(s) being forever in an Alt's name.  I have maintained a number of Premium alts for years anyway.  The 'set to group' function makes it easy enough for me to do almost anything at the home locations, so the alt that actually owns the place still almost never logs on.

In the RL - widowed parent - so those are my own reasons for retiring the alts and staying with the one home. Couple of alts is quite a lot of ££ for the dependants. We all have different preferences. Set to group worked fine for me as well🙂

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

In the RL - widowed parent - so those are my own reasons for retiring the alts and staying with the one home. Couple of alts is quite a lot of ££ for the dependants. We all have different preferences. Set to group worked fine for me as well🙂

I too am retiring alts... it was quite interesting at first embarking on the quest for that "perfect spot" using alts to "hop" from Belli to Belli. Having a few alts that were premium was really helpful because it was so difficult to even get a Bellisseria property to show up on the land page (having a place to call home through the process was comforting). Although they still not readily available they do seem easier to get in the last couple of weeks. I left a really nice lot in Stross a few days ago and got the nice (almost) beach lot that my alt abandoned onto my main account with an abandon and re-catch. My alt can live there as well and doesn't need their own. Groups will work for me as well...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Okay, but that's not what some people do. I've seen parcels in this thread referred to as "trash", "throwaway", "ugly", "ghetto" (for the ENTIRE Squishy Pickle area), and other derogatory things.

That isn't a matter of preference - that is insulting the work of others, namely the Moles and Lindens who created them. 

There is nothing wrong with saying you're abandoning because you want a better view, or more water, or a spot along a river, or whatever. There is something wrong with being unnecessarily hateful about why any particular parcel or area isn't up to your mythical unicorn standards. 

Yes, I remember that comment about the Pickle, I think it was unnecessary. People are still responsible for what they do, if a comment about "trash" makes them abandon some place, it is still on them.

I regret a bit that I abandoned a trailer, but it's done and gone. It was all me, I decided I didn't want a trailer, until I saw what others had done with their trailer homes.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.