The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

Having finally ditched my mainland plot that I'd had for sale for almost 2 years; but having 1024 of spare tier from being PP+, I grabbed a low cost 1024 lot elsewhere.

Someone has a shopping mall 100m behind me so yeah... SL needs a rule against stores at ground level on mainland. ;)

Pic 4 - looking out the front - 150m away is a giant sign for a XXX club that has 0 traffic. Again stuff like that belongs in skyboxes.

But I didn't pic this spot for the view - rather it's out of the way and handy to throw alts into my own skybox once I set that up properly. And I believe your ground build should always look nice so I threw this together. There was a fence there from the land seller - I copied it with my own fence but might change that as this one is using up 37 land-impact.

SpareLot_08242023_001.thumb.jpg.967c6382e6a41063eded6279c8236d16.jpgSpareLot_08242023_002.thumb.jpg.e6caf7f8d72645e73c08ba3cd4d65753.jpgSpareLot_08242023_003.thumb.jpg.85372712a0a7ff602cfde417a6590cfa.jpgSpareLot_08242023_004.thumb.jpg.049bed747b209e4692964b0ff5a0c140.jpgSpareLot_08242023_005.thumb.jpg.2230cde735eeeded484581b6872ea41a.jpg

• Like 11

That didn't take long to find a replacement fence. Much better now.

New fence from Atelier Burgundy took only 8 land impact once I linked it. I kept it low - it mostly works to cover the rough spots where I smoothed the surrounding land levels with my own lot.

SpareLot_08242023_006.thumb.jpg.7f6f79c8317149f387f66db37f711e2e.jpgIn this pic I left the camera at 144 - see that mall back there. They put that mall in the middle of an otherwise beautiful river side relaxation build. Wonderful lot - then a tacky mall right in the middle.

No one shops with ground exploring anymore - so put that thing in the sky where it belongs... :ph34r:

Also notice the low hanging sky box in the upper right corner... 9_9

I'm essentially happy with this location - I rarely have my camera above 48 anyway.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

20 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

That didn't take long. New fence from Atelier Burgundy took only 8 land impact once I linked it. I kept it low - it mostly works to cover the rough spots where I smoothed the surrounding land levels with my own lot.

In this pic I left the camera at 144 - see that mall back there. They put that mall in the middle of an otherwise beautiful river side relaxation build. Wonderful lot - then a tacky mall right in the middle.

SpareLot_08242023_006.thumb.jpg.7f6f79c8317149f387f66db37f711e2e.jpg

No one shops with ground exploring anymore - so put that thing in the sky where it belongs... :ph34r:

Also notice the low hanging sky box in the upper right corner... 9_9

If you would like to have some privacy I can offer you the same price and size as you are paying now - I have a wonderful lake side community.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skylar Woodford said:

If you would like to have some privacy I can offer you the same price and size as you are paying now - I have a wonderful lake side community.

I'm happy with the spot, and that second post was just to show my new fence which saved me 29 land impact. I rarely have my camera above 48 so that mall and that skybox are almost never in my view. I didn't know about the skybox until I turned up the camera for that shot.

The mall is just weird logic - the beautiful build around it is the same parcel. The same person who put up this wonderful spot to enjoy placed a tacky mall in the middle of their own garden.

It's like buying a mansion only to place junked pickup trucks and beer cans in the middle of your front lawn.

This is the nature of land on Zindra - you have to keep your camera low because the place attracts some weird plots. I think the land baron practice of trying to keep the prices high just attracts the kinds of people that like "dictator sheik" - everything chrome and gold and tacky. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 8/24/2023 at 9:23 PM, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Having finally ditched my mainland plot that I'd had for sale for almost 2 years; but having 1024 of spare tier from being PP+, I grabbed a low cost 1024 lot elsewhere.

Someone has a shopping mall 100m behind me so yeah... SL needs a rule against stores at ground level on mainland. ;)

Pic 4 - looking out the front - 150m away is a giant sign for a XXX club that has 0 traffic. Again stuff like that belongs in skyboxes.

But I didn't pic this spot for the view - rather it's out of the way and handy to throw alts into my own skybox once I set that up properly. And I believe your ground build should always look nice so I threw this together. There was a fence there from the land seller - I copied it with my own fence but might change that as this one is using up 37 land-impact.

SpareLot_08242023_001.thumb.jpg.967c6382e6a41063eded6279c8236d16.jpgSpareLot_08242023_002.thumb.jpg.e6caf7f8d72645e73c08ba3cd4d65753.jpgSpareLot_08242023_003.thumb.jpg.85372712a0a7ff602cfde417a6590cfa.jpgSpareLot_08242023_004.thumb.jpg.049bed747b209e4692964b0ff5a0c140.jpgSpareLot_08242023_005.thumb.jpg.2230cde735eeeded484581b6872ea41a.jpg

I love that caravan, always love a tiny home. Seeing this is making me want to decorate one again!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's been awhile since I activly search the mainland for new land to buy, this time I wanted a snow land becuase of course winter!
and I found a big abandoned land in a nice area coverd with linden tress, I really liked how the trees looked and how it's randomly scattered all around the land; it looked like "a raw" nature and I immediately had an idea on how to make use of it, so I submit a ticket asking to buy part of the bandoned land and asked specifically not to remove the trees!
I had the perfect cabin that can fit between the trees and there was no real need for landcaping just added extra tall trees here and there to give the scene some depth and that's it, I like how it's turned out; simple but gave me a beautiful view.

Snapshot_15560.thumb.png.443e197887d40e72cd08090ee96a9ae1.png

• Like 18

On 11/21/2023 at 2:59 PM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

The way he's rolling his eyes at you, I think he's saying you forgot to give him his apple treat for doing his "play dead" trick.

It turns out it fell asleep right after I tried to ride it.  It did eventually wake up.  Other horses were sleeping as well, so this was unrelated to my interaction with it.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

So yeah... this is why I usually stick to my land on Bellisseria.

That's me in the middle. The car park behind me is a M/M sex club in the sky that had previously left their ground lot open, and the bricks on the left are new - previously owned by a 0-second security orb guy who had no build below 3000m, now a land baron rents out "flat land" by rezzing these brick towers. Those brick platforms surround a hilltop BDSM store - but it's outside build was actually good looking from my angle (and pretty much all around - the owner put care into making their shop look nice on the outside), Now they're surrounded by those brick platforms.

The house in the foreground has some plants and fences that are randomly fullbright but those were there before I got here and mostly out of view.

The forest in the background and the mall in the background - are the same parcel on a nearby region. They're normally about 10-20m past the limit I set my camera at so I often forget they're there.

WellThen_001.jpg

One of my old alts is still sitting on some 4-8 meeroos... I think I need to rez out ALL of my old meeroos.

A few weeks ago several lots on the other side of the region went up for auction - just on the other side of where the brick platforms are. I was annoyed at myself for missing out on bidding on them because they sold for pennies as protected roadside zindra land... Now I'm glad I missed that auction.

The green space in the middle of this image - some of it is a protected greenlane (running in front of my land land and then turning to go off screen to the left and upper left), and then there is a square lot right against that red brick platform that has no ground build - only a sky build.

I hate that as premium plus if I want one of the smaller Belli lots I have to figure out what to do with an additional 1024m of tier. Just tired of being chased off plots that I buy.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I hate that as premium plus if I want one of the smaller Belli lots I have to figure out what to do with an additional 1024m of tier. Just tired of being chased off plots that I buy.

LOL, been there; I have a lovely 1024 water lot in Argybargy (currently owned by an alt) that I am trying to sell:

sunrise.thumb.jpeg.0793aaee22af0a844b43db02d0e4e449.jpeg

Edited by Leora Greenwood
typos, typos
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

So yeah... this is why I usually stick to my land on Bellisseria.

That's me in the middle. The car park behind me is a M/M sex club in the sky that had previously left their ground lot open, and the bricks on the left are new - previously owned by a 0-second security orb guy who had no build below 3000m, now a land baron rents out "flat land" by rezzing these brick towers. Those brick platforms surround a hilltop BDSM store - but it's outside build was actually good looking from my angle (and pretty much all around - the owner put care into making their shop look nice on the outside), Now they're surrounded by those brick platforms.

The house in the foreground has some plants and fences that are randomly fullbright but those were there before I got here and mostly out of view.

The forest in the background and the mall in the background - are the same parcel on a nearby region. They're normally about 10-20m past the limit I set my camera at so I often forget they're there.

WellThen_001.jpg

One of my old alts is still sitting on some 4-8 meeroos... I think I need to rez out ALL of my old meeroos.

A few weeks ago several lots on the other side of the region went up for auction - just on the other side of where the brick platforms are. I was annoyed at myself for missing out on bidding on them because they sold for pennies as protected roadside zindra land... Now I'm glad I missed that auction.

The green space in the middle of this image - some of it is a protected greenlane (running in front of my land land and then turning to go off screen to the left and upper left), and then there is a square lot right against that red brick platform that has no ground build - only a sky build.

Well the nice thing about mainland is that todays eyesore is tomorrows vacant lot. you could rezz a 3d privacy screen around your parcel to block out most of it,

You can also consider selling your tier. I’d guess 350 prims plus 10% would be worth $300 L a week to someone who needs more tier, or a non premuim member that wants to own mainland.

Not sure how you would go about finding a buyer though

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...