The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

For the second time in a week I've moved my gallery, because I just could not get used to the 45 degree angles and odd parcel sizes in Gemmed (on Heterocera). Moved to a better location for sailing so here it is all set up ... http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dicycla/16/52/23

gallery-post.thumb.jpg.9598960f41f37de90789a76baa659385.jpg

I abandoned my male alt's 1024, and instead upped his account to add another 1024 for a total of 2048 and then had him buy the white house next to the gallery, turning that into a connected cafe called Waterview Cafe. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dicycla/17/31/23.

Have to add the same EEP I am using on my gallery, which seems tricky since I don't own the cafe land and I can't seem to transfer my EEP, but otherwise open for visitors to chill and relax in.

waterview-cafe-012-28-2023-post.jpg

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 13

After selling my 1/4 sim, I've moved gallery and cafe (see my previous post a few posts above this one for pics) to 2048's each, and also moved my home to save tier down to a lovely sailing 4096. Here are pics from my move and decorations over the past week of holidays ...

house-5.thumb.jpg.3b974ba75c28dc419169a88db79c04c8.jpg

house-1.thumb.jpg.aad3f7508464701b15260f246cd07770.jpg

house-2.thumb.jpg.e93b5dc2c194f0b54b78d679913f64f0.jpg

house-3.thumb.jpg.e2dae11b1e09d21158b43967df50fdb2.jpg

house-4.thumb.jpg.6c0ed9212d190984aba23dbc613b9592.jpg

House and adjoining studio, which happens to fit snug against the home framing the front door perfectly, both by the amazing Scarlet Creative.

• Like 18

21 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

House and adjoining studio, which happens to fit snug against the home framing the front door perfectly, both by the amazing Scarlet Creative.

You have a beautiful style, Katherine.  I love your posts in this thread.  Thank you for inspiring me in many ways ♥

Edited by BJoyful
missed word... I need more coffee ;-D
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Did anyone get this little house from Scarlet Creative last weekend? it's the lamai retreat. I love indoor/outdoor houses with lots of windows. 

Come snoop: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Itame/194/67/89

Lamai 1.jpg

image.png

Missed that! Buying this morning!

I found it at Scarlet down on the beach but no way to buy it?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 11:09 PM, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

That house suits you

You understand well, it's true, I like integrated spaces, and I'm eclectic, mixing things without limits really pleases me, experimenting is always fascinating.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have not posted in a long time, because I had nothing new to show. But I put up a Trompe Loeil house instead of the Roost house I had. I am going for a minimal landscaping here instead of building up mesh land. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Trompe-Loeil-Jura-Waterfront-Cottage-mesh/23961720

The base comes with the house and I added some palms and also rocks from Skye. And the lighthouse and outsim dolphins stay on this plot as long as I rent it, along with the seagulls from ee Oh.

sea_007sm.thumb.png.e3dd869dd7202ce957be6f4a7beaba1d.png

Living with void water on two sides, I can go all the way out with offsim decor. The boats are decor, since void water is not sailable.

I can pick up the boats if I need more Li for furniture, but I have not finished the inside.

sea_010sm.thumb.png.8e76f9f1a2419171de09abc891e1d4f9.png

I am using a pool physics box set to transparent so I do not sink to the bottom. That is 0.5 li at max size 64x64, same size as my land. I have some reef texture under and also some sand banks. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/05-LI-full-perm-Pool-Physics-Box-mesh-any-texture/4127420

The land goes from the cormorants to the sand bank with a sail and old boat. The pier is something I made myself. It is bigger than the original. Maybe too big, I might shrink it.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I have not posted in a long time, because I had nothing new to show. But I put up a Trompe Loeil house instead of the Roost house I had. I am going for a minimal landscaping here instead of building up mesh land. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Trompe-Loeil-Jura-Waterfront-Cottage-mesh/23961720

The base comes with the house and I added some palms and also rocks from Skye. And the lighthouse and outsim dolphins stay on this plot as long as I rent it, along with the seagulls from ee Oh.

sea_007sm.thumb.png.e3dd869dd7202ce957be6f4a7beaba1d.png

Living with void water on two sides, I can go all the way out with offsim decor. The boats are decor, since void water is not sailable.

I can pick up the boats if I need more Li for furniture, but I have not finished the inside.

sea_010sm.thumb.png.8e76f9f1a2419171de09abc891e1d4f9.png

I am using a pool physics box set to transparent so I do not sink to the bottom. That is 0.5 li at max size 64x64, same size as my land. I have some reef texture under and also some sand banks. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/05-LI-full-perm-Pool-Physics-Box-mesh-any-texture/4127420

The land goes from the cormorants to the sand bank with a sail and old boat. The pier is something I made myself. It is bigger than the original. Maybe too big, I might shrink it.

That is truly gorgeous!  You make me think about ripping up my Blake Sea water lot and copying you!

13 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

That is truly gorgeous!  You make me think about ripping up my Blake Sea water lot and copying you!

Yes, but no sailable water... That is what Blake Sea is all about, yes? I tricked with draw distance so the neighbor wasn't visible. I used 124 m dd, so they aren't very close. But those who move to this region do not use high flat privacy plates, so it is mainland of the better kind. It is a 100% water region.

• Like 1

A couple of days ago I posted pictures in a wrong thread and removed them. But I have changed so much in the garden since then.

I mentioned that I copied the stair up to the front door so I could elevate the house and garden with prims. This is so I can have a pool. The pool is no more than hip deep after I edited it, but it is the look that matters.

This is in Horizons, no terraforming allowed. It is two 1024 m plots with double prims. The plots are shifted 2-3 m,  they are not lined up 100%, but I think it is charming. It is protected land on all sides. The hill behind the garden is protected land, it is protected land on both sides of the house, water on the edge and road in front.

In the 4th and 5th picture, can you see how the garden wall bend and follow the parcel lines. (To the left in the pictures.)

The garden wall hides the edges of the base prims. The wood in the garden wall is not matching the wood shutters and detail on the house, so it is tinted. It was hard to get a match, I am going back and tweaking, tweaking.

I had a kid's pool where it is a massage table now. I do not have kids in SL, so I thought why have a pool for kids?

I don't know if I ever get furniture in the house, I go in the garden and change things all the time. (And now I see that I must edit the pool a bit, so it is aligned with the pavillion! :( ) The garden is never finished.

Plenty pictures. I took two in daylight, so it is easier to see what is there.

sea_018ed.jpg

sea_019ed.jpg

sea_020 ed.jpg

sea_011ed.jpg

sea_014ed.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 11

• 3 weeks later...