Can you please give us an estimated time frame of releasing the new Linden Homes?

Diane Soulstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! Linden Team,

I do appreciate the fact that the team has come up with new Linden homes. They did a great job. It looks awesome and I am eagerly waiting for it.

Just that every day, from office/home I am checking the update page nearly 3-4 times a day, waiting to see if any update after 15 April 2019 on releasing new home…. :) 

We all have office/personal/freelance projects in RL and we also have an estimated timeline for release to clients. It is perfectly OK to say, that the release may take a month or 2 or even 3.

So, would be really nice if at least an estimated time frame provided for new Linden Home release. I understand there is quite a hard work involved and it’s not an easy task either. Just that a small n quick update would do :) 

Thanks, Diane

Edited by Diane Soulstar
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Diane Soulstar said:

ya soon :) means how soon? As I said, its OK that the team can take time.. but just an approx time frame update would do.. 

In all seriousness, I don't know. Personally, at first I thought 'soon' would mean like a week later. Now it's nearly a month. Not getting impatient or anything, but I'm more and more beginning to adjust my thinking towards them maybe only doing this a couple of times a year. If more frequent, then great! But looks like 'soon' may not be as fast as I'd hoped (and if I just jinxed it, by saying that, and they're gonna release a new batch as a result today, LOL, then even better!).

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Diane Soulstar said:

ya soon :) means how soon? As I said, its OK that the team can take time.. but just an approx time frame update would do.. 

I'm guessing this year, more specifically when I go on vacation and dont have internet access...  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Roseumie said:

image.png

I dunno... I'm starting to worry that all these people smashing the F5 key elebenty bajillion times a day are going to be really disappointed when they realize it's just a house (or a boat) and doesn't fart magical unicorn glitter or something. 

All this angst and anticipation and excitement and then suddenly... they're going to be standing in the middle of an empty house or boat, with screaming prim babies or dogs barking all hours of the day and night right next door, going "Um... is this it?"

And THEN what are they going to have to live for, huh?? 

Just kidding. Mostly. I love my boat and I'm thrilled to have it. I'm not really sure how'd I'd be feeling if I didn't get one considering patience has never been one of my better virtues. 30uyqu.jpg.403a6e6c0beb4e85f6ce4f99a80fba0f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

To be clear, there are no NEW HOMES coming out "soon". There are HOUSEBOATS.  Many people assume that some of the folks that didn't get the houseboat that the wanted will "reroll" to get a houseboat leaving a house available for someone that wants it.  So, like now, there will be a FEW houses scattered throughout Bellisseria that will come up for grabs.  There are approximately 695 (I counted and added twice) houseboats that will be released. Most folks (again supposition) assume that will not happen until at least this Friday now that Network updates are underway.

So far as the NEXT release of new styles of homes, there has been no estimate. What The Lab wants to accomplish and what it does are not always on the same timeline.   The first batch of homes came out after their scheduled date (this from Ebbe on a NWN video) and other projects are behind their timeline also.  Anyone who has been in business knows that estimated dates are indeed just that. I always estimated more time than I thought it would take, coming in ahead of time --- seemingly to the client anyway :D.

For awhile, the "general thought" (many comments in the forums) was that the next release would be planned to be a bit after the birthday celebration in late June -- so July.  BUT that was before Patch and the Moles took a month out to get all the EXTRA houseboats out for the screaming hoards. 

Also some of the Moles will be working at SL16B but I suspect that not all Moles work on all projects so that may or may not have any affect.   

MY best guess would be late summer for the next release -- which will likely be a couple more themes and some choices within those themes. We can see where the first ones will go by watching SSP and it appears that they will be filling in some of the interior areas. 

Originally Patch said that they planned to take the existing Linden Homes up sometime around the first of the year (could be after certainly) but while The Lab is undoubtedly happy  with the success of the homes, I don't think they expected THIS much enthusiasm, so getting enough housing for the folks already in the 512s is going to take time -- likely longer than they expected. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, Diane Soulstar said:

Hi! Linden Team,

I do appreciate the fact that the team has come up with new Linden homes. They did a great job. It looks awesome and I am eagerly waiting for it.

Just that every day, from office/home I am checking the update page nearly 3-4 times a day, waiting to see if any update after 15 April 2019 on releasing new home…. :) 

We all have office/personal/freelance projects in RL and we also have an estimated timeline for release to clients. It is perfectly OK to say, that the release may take a month or 2 or even 3.

So, would be really nice if at least an estimated time frame provided for new Linden Home release. I understand there is quite a hard work involved and it’s not an easy task either. Just that a small n quick update would do :) 

Thanks, Diane

I totally understand you, 100%.  Everyone always said, "Soon!", "Soon!", "Soon!"  They clearly don't know either.  We all have no answers.  And LL and Moles team are probby not ready cuz they are still working.  If it's coming soon, they will telling us, if nothing... then it's not "soon."   Just keep refresh the page.  A friend of mine saw the house on that page... yesterday.  Yeah, YESTERDAY!  She just wanted a houseboat. I was like wow. I'm no luck!  lol  Just keep refresh, we have only 0.001% chance to grab it.  ❤️

• Like 3

Its obvious that the second batch (whats called the houseboats atoll area) was urgently built to satisfy the high demand on houseboats and it seems to be a sudden addition to the new Linden Homes which wasn't planned before as they had added a totally new area and made a new terrain AFTER the release of the first batch. So they would want to deliver that as soon as possible separated from the main plan of developing more homes on the original continent that they had designed before the release of the first batch.

My guess is that the new release probably going to be THIS WEEK, most likely on Thursday, May 16th or could be sooner!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I have a feeling that developing this latest batch of houseboats pulled them off of developing the next set of homes. 

Patch already stated this next rollout was house boats only followed by homes afterwards. 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Global Orfan said:

I think the Lindens should not releases anymore Houses/Boats. Until it is all finished. And there are enough fo every premium member. So if it's next year then this is ok. it will stop everyone second guessing.

Oh, THAT would stop the complaints for sure. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.