Can you please give us an estimated time frame of releasing the new Linden Homes?

Diane Soulstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Sadly that doesn't work for me and I don't drink energy drinks.  I need at least 7 hours and whatever I do needs to be fixable with a strong coffee.  I can stretch out getting up until 7am but no further unfortunately.  We shall see :|

OK, ignore everything I just said, I am going to stay up just this once.  Coffee is on standby.

I hope for your sake that the release doesn't happen to much past 7:00 SLT then

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I hope for your sake that the release doesn't happen to much past 7:00 SLT then

They usually do server changes and releases starting 9am PT, they may be in earlier today but who knows. Then there is prep time. A restart usually happens prior, final prep then web side deployment. 

4 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

They usually do server changes and releases starting 9am PT, they may be in earlier today but who knows. Then there is prep time. A restart usually happens prior, final prep then web side deployment. 

Didn't someone post that Patch said around 7am?  If that really means 9am then that isn't much like 7am at all. :(

PS. I can see Forge Linden from where I am at Dorma, so who knows?

• Like 1

Just now, Gabriele Graves said:

Didn't someone post that Patch said around 7am?  If that really means 9am then that isn't much like 7am at all. :(

He said within 24 hours of his post of 18 hours ago, so it estimated within 6 more. 

The server house the houses primary servers and deployment is in California. Their normal tech work hours are 9am-5pm PT as typical shifts (m-f)  but varies. 

They can get in earlier (during major backups) and maybe for deployment of something like this, but id expect 7am slt as the start point with time given for deployment (prob 2 hours at least)

Just now, anthonytorino said:

He said within 24 hours of his post of 18 hours ago, so it estimated within 6 more. 

The server house the houses primary servers and deployment is in California. Their normal tech work hours are 9am-5pm PT as typical shifts (m-f)  but varies. 

They can get in earlier (during major backups) and maybe for deployment of something like this, but id expect 7am slt as the start point with time given for deployment (prob 2 hours at least)

Read further back, he is quoted as saying 7am, this was after the 24 hours post.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Read further back, he is quoted as saying 7am, this was after the 24 hours post.

Don't see it , is there a link back to his statement. 9am is typically a work day start point, deployment is another thing, if pre-pepped there is still time involved. yes its possible, but its not goign to be all at once and right on the mark. 

Edited by anthonytorino

1 minute ago, anthonytorino said:

Don't see it , is there a link back to his statement. 7am is a start point, deployment is another thing, if pre-pepped there is still time involved. yes its possible, but its not goign to be all at once and right on the mark. 

Here is my source:

7 hours ago, kiramanell said:

I have a nagging suspicion they'll all be gone within the first 5 minutes, LOL. @Patch Linden was recorded saying ca. as of 7 AM SLT, which would be about 16:00 hours (4 PM) my time (Netherlands). That would be a pretty decent time for us Europeans. :)

Judging from the amount of people here at the border, waiting, they are expecting 7am too.

1 minute ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Here is my source:

Judging from the amount of people here at the border, waiting, they are expecting 7am too.

why are they waiting at the border?  I thought you did it from the website not claiming inworld

• Like 1

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

why are they waiting at the border?  I thought you did it from the website not claiming inworld

I think everyone wants to be one of the first inside, not even necessarily the first to own.  Other than that, not sure really, a chance to see this open?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Here is my source:

that's not an official source. 

within 24 hours is expected now `19 hours ago. That's the official one. Start time at the office is 9am PT for techs. (not 7am correction)

I woudl guess starting roll outs would be 9am slt and later. prob clsoer to 9:30am slt or 10am slt.

Edited by anthonytorino
  • Confused 1

Just now, anthonytorino said:

that's not an official source. 

within 24 hours is expected now `19 hours ago. That's the official one. Start time at the office is 7am PT for techs. 

The '7 AM' came from a screenie someone had taken from a chat, with Patch saying that we might see them as soon as 7 AM. There are so many posts and threads on the new homes, though, I don't think I could ever find said post again, though. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

10 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

Don't see it , is there a link back to his statement. 7am is a start point, deployment is another thing, if pre-pepped there is still time involved. yes its possible, but its not goign to be all at once and right on the mark. 

Here is where the 7:00 am came from:

6 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Mostly watching progress.  Maybe some think you can claim them by just going to one. There were plenty of folks asking questions about the process here in the forums.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Seems like some people are getting that feeling they had a child waiting to get up on Christmas morning, hoping Father Christmas had brought that gift they absolutely had to have.

I hope everyone is happy with their "gift"

• Haha 2

Given the I have to start work in about 45 min, with a meeting as soon as I start (limiting my ability to watch the forums or dashboard page), the release will happen at roughly 9:15 my time, while I'm locked in that meeting --- so 8:15 am SLT.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Given the I have to start work in about 45 min, with a meeting as soon as I start (limiting my ability to watch the forums or dashboard page), the release will happen at roughly 9:15 my time, while I'm locked in that meeting --- so 8:15 am SLT.

/me practices multiple quoting for when LittleMe is in her meeting.  👼

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is the problem with all the vagueness though.  At 7am (2am NZ), I can decide to stay up, I could have planned for 9:15am (4:15am NZ) possibly.  However, it is looking increasing likely I am not going to be around when all the fun starts.  I cannot imagine any remaining by the next time I get around to claim.  I can't see them lasting 24-48 hours this time.  Ah well, que sera sera

Edited by Gabriele Graves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.