-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/3/2019 at 8:13 AM, Marianne Little said:

"I can't make mesh"... I am still in shock. I made prim walls, saved them as Collada, opened them in Blender, joined them, saved them and uploaded them to SL.

1 Li for the three rooms downstairs in Continental, plus entrance floor.

And I didn't have to buy an expensive prim to mesh converter. 😲 I never thought....

inner walls_001.jpg

😍 It looks lovely :) 

Just be careful, I had done my entire bottom floor and my house shifted 😭 Because the mesh was one one piece, every time I tried to rotate it, one room would look fine while another wouldn't :( I had to recreate it all, this time I opted to make each room separate, and then link them together.  That way, if my house were to have an ever so slight rotation again I could adjust each room independently from one another.  The good news is, that this only happened after I despawned my winchester and respawned it later.  

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

😍 It looks lovely :) 

Just be careful, I had done my entire bottom floor and my house shifted 😭 Because the mesh was one one piece, every time I tried to rotate it, one room would look fine while another wouldn't :( I had to recreate it all, this time I opted to make each room separate, and then link them together.  That way, if my house were to have an ever so slight rotation again I could adjust each room independently from one another.  The good news is, that this only happened after I despawned my winchester and respawned it later.  

That is a good advice. I have done the rooms separately too. My greed took over, and I linked all in one and meshed it. But I have the separate room models still, in case I need them. 😉

• Like 3

Usually my all time favourite is the Winchester, for it's the only house with a balcony and the best a house can possibly offer is a balkony with a view towards the SEA!! ... this said when you get a parcel that has a lovely garden but not much of a view then you might try out other housetypes and when I bought the faboulous addon by @Blush Bravin ... I fell in love with the Continental!

48204722877_b670aef13e_c.jpg
Continental01 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

The livingroom is smaller but I found it easier to decorate especially as I had the nice couch I usually put on the balcony.

48204673331_776d822a77_c.jpg
Continental02 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

in the other room towards the garden I placed the Apple Fall Plantation kitchen ...

and on the back porch (which I modified since after I bought it I decided that I should have bought the OPEN version) there is room enough to eat and entertain guests ...

48204672941_d8a463aec9_c.jpg
Continental06 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

• Like 8

upstairs on the landing there is room for a little homeoffice

48204722547_2a86a4f5fe_c.jpg
Continental03 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

and the bedroom is much easier to furnish when you devide it up and add a bathroom - an idea that I got from @Marianne Little

48204673141_3290242c90_c.jpg
Continental04 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

48204722347_84c1932bfd_c.jpg
Continental05 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

By the way ... the cupboard in the bedroom is part of the kitchen set! ;) - I found it looked very well in a bedroom.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 14

6 hours ago, Clarrellae said:
20 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

Just be careful, I had done my entire bottom floor and my house shifted 😭 

What the Hecuba...! 

Earthquakes in Bellisseria!

Something at my home shifted before and many things ended up being offset - individual pieces within linksets shifted, really odd.  I had taken copies of my large linksets and recorded the location & rotation values of each so I just removed the old and dropped new ones down.  A PITA, but at least fixable.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've been busy trying to sort out the garden of my alt's Winchester house garden. The plot is all sand so I used the moss cover which @Marianne Little has mentioned in a previous post and added the free pergola patio by @Blush Bravin. Thank you both of you. My neighbours have not done anything to the outside of their plots yet so I put a wall around mine so they don't have to look at it.

Winchester House (2).jpg

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I feel that my livingroom is almost there. I wanted a wallpaper, but not so sure what kind of art to place on that wall. For now, a mirror.

livingroomed_002.jpg

I wouldn't place any art there - the wall IS the art! ;) - mirror might add to it - but isn't necessary.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I wouldn't place any art there - the wall IS the art! ;) - mirror might add to it - but isn't necessary.

Saving LI too ;)

Maybe I take the mirror down. I had to ask the seller nicely if I could buy the texture. She only sold it as a textured wall. I knew I wanted it to be just like this. Sometimes I have an image in my head, and it is fun to see it come together. A hanging plant in the window too, I think.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

You're absolutely right! The wall IS the art! :) Me? I'd probably just hang some golden sconces on that wall, instead of the mirror; but, needless to say -- but I'm going to say it anyway *g* -- this is an exceptionally well-designed living room, with or without the mirror. And, the white surface of that mirror really matches that of the table lamp to the left, and the coffee table surface in front, and thus really provides a perfect 'blend/transition' between furniture and wallpaper. Obviously, Marianne knows what she's doing. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't put anything on that wall either.. nothing .. not even the mirror or sconces. I would add a nice tall plant in a lovely pot on the floor in the corner to soften the edge where the painted wall meets the wallpapered wall.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Continental home has this room without windows, only the double doors out. It feels a bit closed in, but instead of using light colors, I opted for a dark room. This time I am using more different palettes for the rooms. I am using gold or golden metals in both these room, so that is sort of a match. I guess. I am madly in love with the golden circles on the wall.

Outside the double doors is the kitchen extension, so this is a dining room.

livingroomaed_003.jpg

livingroomaed_006.jpg

livingroomaed_005.jpg

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I do admire your decorating talents ... but WOW ... How much furniture and decorating stuff do you have in your inventory??

seems a neverending stock! Allways something else!

LOL. Yeah, really makes one almost despondent when thinking how little stuff I have. :) 

@Marianne Little That dining table (with the bowl of pears on it), where is that from, please? It looks very classy, especially what those chairs and all.

17 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

LOL. Yeah, really makes one almost despondent when thinking how little stuff I have. :) 

@Marianne Little That dining table (with the bowl of pears on it), where is that from, please? It looks very classy, especially what those chairs and all.

@Marianne Little is like me; my partner calls me a "walking Marketplace". *blushes*

I'm going to take a guess here and say that table is from Fancy Decor. Just a guess, though!

• Thanks 1

OK you guys inspired me so I made a wall for the alcove of sorts upstairs and my still fairly boring (but have LI left) bedroom.  I could add another wall to this should I want to and still have it be 1 li. So, we'll see how it feels. I DO want to say that I absolutely LOOOOVE my ocean wave sound modules and they make me feel so "at ease" when I visit. So anyone on the ocean front might want to check out some atmospheric sounds for your parcel. 

1811803773_wallpaperforbedroom.thumb.jpg.6134b1931b0a2b8d79f4c6b93918a87c.jpg

• Like 12

3 hours ago, kiramanell said:

The dining table is part of Bazars Hyde set, the table-runner too, and the chairs is Apple Fall. If SLB16 isn't over yet, Apple Fall had some colors in their booth for 50 L. I had to push the table in a bit. It is very long, and fits 3 chairs on each side. That's a bit too big in our small Belli houses.

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

@Marianne Little is like me; my partner calls me a "walking Marketplace". *blushes*

I'm going to take a guess here and say that table is from Fancy Decor. Just a guess, though!

But a lot of the stuff is Fancy Decor. So you were close.

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I do admire your decorating talents ... but WOW ... How much furniture and decorating stuff do you have in your inventory??

seems a neverending stock! Allways something else!

Not always, the fireplace has been up many places. It is so low LI, I sometimes I want other ones, but... it is one LI. It is hard to beat that.

I buy much in SL. But I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't own any designer handbags, I am frugal in RL. I take it out in SL. ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

OK you guys inspired me so I made a wall for the alcove of sorts upstairs and my still fairly boring (but have LI left) bedroom.  I could add another wall to this should I want to and still have it be 1 li. So, we'll see how it feels. I DO want to say that I absolutely LOOOOVE my ocean wave sound modules and they make me feel so "at ease" when I visit. So anyone on the ocean front might want to check out some atmospheric sounds for your parcel. 

1811803773_wallpaperforbedroom.thumb.jpg.6134b1931b0a2b8d79f4c6b93918a87c.jpg

New Hampton style 😍

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.