Re: Gacha Missing and EMPTY BOXES....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Regarding Gacha - Missing and Empty Boxes: 

I have 3 missing Gacha items now.  Any idea how to retrieve the two I had?  I cleared my cache.  Still cannot find them.

Next, I received an empty box from MP.  Did the item go missing from the Gacha dealer's inventory perhaps?

Anyway to improve this problem?

Edit in  more info:  I've sent two notecard's plus IM's to the empty box situation and received no response.  I am now thinking the item may be missing from her inventory.  If that is the case though, I wish she would have let me know.

Still hoping there is a solution or a fix or a way to improve.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 4

This is a bug that has been occurring for some time and why I’m hesitant to purchase no copy items.

As far as the empty box - she probably sold it empty, I’m afraid. This does happen and is a risk we take. :/ Hopefully the seller does pay you back! 

7 hours ago, norajulian said:

This is a bug that has been occurring for some time and why I’m hesitant to purchase no copy items.

As far as the empty box - she probably sold it empty, I’m afraid. This does happen and is a risk we take. :/ Hopefully the seller does pay you back! 

A bug?  I never heard that before.   Well, it needs fixin'.  

Okay, I will keep contacting her.  

Re. the empty box, I've often wondered about this, particularly when one is buying a "rare": what happens when the reseller runs out of the item that's for sale on the marketplace? Presumably, the item needs to be removed from the MP, and it is the reseller who must do that. And if they don't, and someone buys an item that is no longer available, an empty box is sent instead?

This hasn't happened to me . . . but I haven't bought many gacha from the MP. But it does sound as though one has to rely upon the reseller to keep tabs on their inventory, or be organized (and ethical) enough to offer refunds when an item no longer available has been purchased.

Another reason to rather dislike gacha, maybe.

Okay, I found a link for missing inventory items from the Phoenix viewer.

I need time to go through all these steps and I need to go to a low lag region and do some of the things suggested in this link.

Link here:

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory

I will get back to the thread and let you know how things turned out.

Me:  Hopeful

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Re. the empty box, I've often wondered about this, particularly when one is buying a "rare": what happens when the reseller runs out of the item that's for sale on the marketplace? Presumably, the item needs to be removed from the MP, and it is the reseller who must do that. And if they don't, and someone buys an item that is no longer available, an empty box is sent instead?

When a limited quantity item is sold as soon as the last item is sold the listing is deactivated

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Buying things in SL is pretty much caveat emptor. That’s why you hear “demo, demo, demo” a lot and a lot of people don’t play gatcha.

Back in the day most gatchas were one or two items with color variations, you rezzed it on the floor, got your little knick-knack and went about your business. Then things changed.

You have gatcha items that you have to add, gatcha items you rez on the floor and unpack, Russian Doll gatcha boxes,  sometimes it’s actually the item itself unboxed and gatcha items you can buy on MP. What I usually do is add the box first, then Rez it on the floor if it doesn’t give me a dialog and then pray. 

Some of these gatcha events and creators have gotten so clever a simple concept has become complicated. So when you rez your object on the floor it disappears because it’s scripted to. Check your lost and found folder. It might’ve ended up there.

As for the MP gatcha item, the only thing you can do is contact the seller and hope they refund you. You can’t contact the creator. I know marketplace has a feature where you can limit the number of items you sell, but every reseller doesn’t use it so...be careful when you buy gatcha resales.

6 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Okay, I found a link for missing inventory items from the Phoenix viewer.

I need time to go through all these steps and I need to go to a low lag region and do some of the things suggested in this link.

Link here:

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory

I will get back to the thread and let you know how things turned out.

Me:  Hopeful

Okay, I did most of the things in this phoenix viewer missing inventory...went to hippo, waiting for all items to fetch, and still I cannot find the two items.

Someone mentioned lost and found folder...I need to go through it still.

I haven't added the SL viewer yet to see if that fetches the items BUT I will do asap.

The last thing the Phoenix viewer missing inventory says to do is contact tech support.  

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

Okay, I did most of the things in this phoenix viewer missing inventory...went to hippo, waiting for all items to fetch, and still I cannot find the two items.

Someone mentioned lost and found folder...I need to go through it still.

I haven't added the SL viewer yet to see if that fetches the items BUT I will do asap.

The last thing the Phoenix viewer missing inventory says to do is contact tech support.  

Just updating: 

I gained about 15 items BUT not the two I was looking for.

I am going to issue a ticket and see if the items can be retrieved somehow.

If it's a bug, I was wondering if it has to do with changing viewers?  The reason, because I didn't have lost items before I changed viewers.  

I'd like to ask via a ticket and see what I can find out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Thats proof enough for me Gachas are a rubbish method of selling.

To my mind, Gachas are gambling and I detest gambling and those who prey on others.

I agree.  but merchants are banking in on this craze.  I myself have dumped tons of Linden to get at a "rare" that, ended up not being worth it after all.. I would rather pay a little higher amount than plunk good money buying crap I will never be able to resell anyway. 

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This hasn't happened to me . . . but I haven't bought many gacha from the MP. But it does sound as though one has to rely upon the reseller to keep tabs on their inventory, or be organized (and ethical) enough to offer refunds when an item no longer available has been purchased.

Another reason to rather dislike gacha, maybe.

It doesn't work that way.

If you have a rare to sell, in a box, or out of a box, you are allowed to put only one copy of it at a time on the MP, or you are flagged for a violation by the Lindens, who remove the doubles. So it sells, you get a notice "out of stock," and then you replenish it -- the item automatically goes to the "Unlisted" folder in your Marketplace tab inworld. That means there is no "empty" showing for sale on the MP.

To replace it, you have to drag a new copy in and re-list it, if you have multiple rares.

You get an empty box not if the item is sold out -- when it sells out it is removed to "Unlisted". You get an empty box if the seller accidentally or deliberately sells you an empty box. Then you have to rely on their good will to get it.

Sadly, there is no way to rate this bad experience if you see it recurring without remedy because the items  get unlisted. Merchants who sell copyable items or items that are copyable but to next owner on transfer only can be rated and you can be warned if you see somebody with one star, and people leaving reviews that they didn't get something as advertised. Not so with gatcha sellers. It's too bad there isn't a way to rate their store overall as a result, not just the individual item for sale.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

9 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Buying things in SL is pretty much caveat emptor. That’s why you hear “demo, demo, demo” a lot and a lot of people don’t play gatcha.

Back in the day most gatchas were one or two items with color variations, you rezzed it on the floor, got your little knick-knack and went about your business. Then things changed.

You have gatcha items that you have to add, gatcha items you rez on the floor and unpack, Russian Doll gatcha boxes,  sometimes it’s actually the item itself unboxed and gatcha items you can buy on MP. What I usually do is add the box first, then Rez it on the floor if it doesn’t give me a dialog and then pray. 

Some of these gatcha events and creators have gotten so clever a simple concept has become complicated. So when you rez your object on the floor it disappears because it’s scripted to. Check your lost and found folder. It might’ve ended up there.

As for the MP gatcha item, the only thing you can do is contact the seller and hope they refund you. You can’t contact the creator. I know marketplace has a feature where you can limit the number of items you sell, but every reseller doesn’t use it so...be careful when you buy gatcha resales.

Totally agree. And there are scripts that deliberately disappear the box and send the item to your inventory -- and you may not realize that, either due to lag, or thinking that something is still in the box and focusing on its contents, and not looking up to the right, to see incoming inventory.

I've been burned a number of times even on COPYABLE non-transfer items! I assume a copy is left in the box. I bat away and discard incoming automatic deliveries because I want to file it myself in a folder, not just have it add to a huge list of "objects". When you refuse a delivery like that, it is not in trash and not anywhere. It's gone -- until you ask the merchant to redeliver or hope they have a redelivery system.

3 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Just updating: 

I gained about 15 items BUT not the two I was looking for.

I am going to issue a ticket and see if the items can be retrieved somehow.

If it's a bug, I was wondering if it has to do with changing viewers?  The reason, because I didn't have lost items before I changed viewers.  

I'd like to ask via a ticket and see what I can find out.

I have never known the Lindens to find lost inventory -- ever, in their lives. 

Even if you lost 15,000 items due to a bug and contact them soon enough for them to (in theory) still find it on their servers.

Second Life, like Real Life, is about learning to accept loss.

You may want to come to my Shaman's Gatcha Addiction Treatment Center. In addition to tips and cures and such, I now have a Sorrow level. 

When you buy on MP there is an option to examine the contents of what you're buying. The 'Contents' tab. That will sometimes show the actual contents, and the permissions on those contents.

That is "usually" a way to spot a filled vs empty box. Not full-proof if someone is really working to hide things, but it can help lower the risk. I have yet to buy an empty box after looking at this tab, I have bought one when I failed to look, and I can also think of exactly how I would trick this were I a scammer trying to sell an empty box. So it will only protect you from people who sell empty on accident (the case where I bought an empty, I IM'd the seller and got an 'oops, here it is' reply the next day), not those with malicious listings.

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Even if you lost 15,000 items due to a bug and contact them soon enough for them to (in theory) still find it on their servers.

You may want to come to my Shaman's Gatcha Addiction Treatment Center. In addition to tips and cures and such, I now have a Sorrow level. 

Well, when I put in the Second Life viewer...it found 15 items.  My item count went up 15.

I'd like to hear their explanation, nevertheless.

And, this is a real business and I think it should be conducted accordingly with a response from the server side here, and the Lindens.

Evie has spoken to me in email.  

She is forthright person.

I'd like to hear what they have to say.

13 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I agree.  but merchants are banking in on this craze.  I myself have dumped tons of Linden to get at a "rare" that, ended up not being worth it after all.. I would rather pay a little higher amount than plunk good money buying crap I will never be able to resell anyway. 

I have little experience with them. My understanding is you pay $x and some random code determines what you get. (hence my "gambling" statement). I have bought three in 10 years. Somehow, I figured out how to get exactly what I wanted. (a 3 piece clothing set all the same colour). I cant recall how I managed that but I still don't like the whole idea.

1 hour ago, Maryanne Solo said:

I have little experience with them. My understanding is you pay $x and some random code determines what you get. (hence my "gambling" statement). I have bought three in 10 years. Somehow, I figured out how to get exactly what I wanted. (a 3 piece clothing set all the same colour). I cant recall how I managed that but I still don't like the whole idea.

Maryanne, I don't use the Gacha machines at all. 

I buy Shabby Chic and antique items REZZED items.  Many of the elegant antiques are in Gacha.

And, they are beautiful.

Gacha is way more than machines which I never use.  

Edited by FairreLilette

14 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Yes, but not all merchants who sell copy and modify items charge a lot.  Most of my items are 69 linden or less - most way less than 69 lins and are COPY/MODIFY items.

It's not the price with Gacha.  To me, the craftsmanship (especially in the antique area) is superior and it's gorgeous.  

13 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

On another note, I probably LOST 15,000 copy and mod items SIMPLY because it's an odd name or was named 1, 2, 3 etc.

I now know to rename items and/or write down on a notecard what the item name is.

I catalog all my items now.

I've had to or they'd be lost.  

Others, I may find eventually but oft times I cannot even remember the merchants name.

So, I catalog it all now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.