Re: Gacha Missing and EMPTY BOXES....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

On another note, I probably LOST 15,000 copy and mod items SIMPLY because it's an odd name or was named 1, 2, 3 etc.

I now know to rename items and/or write down on a notecard what the item name is.

I catalog all my items now.

I've had to or they'd be lost.  

Others, I may find eventually but oft times I cannot even remember the merchants name.

So, I catalog it all now.

They aren't lost unless you sent them to trash and then purged trash.

There are three handy little features on the MP:  My Favorites, My Wishlist and My Favorite Stores. 

How you organize your inventory makes a difference as well as using the search feature, if you use a TPV that has inventory search, such as Firestorm.

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/my_inventory_tab

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

They aren't lost unless you sent them to trash and then purged trash.

There are three handy little features on the MP:  My Favorites, My Wishlist and My Favorite Stores. 

How you organize your inventory makes a difference as well as using the search feature, if you use a TPV that has inventory search, such as Firestorm.

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/my_inventory_tab

No, I mean they are lost because I do not know a name to search for them.  I forgot the creator's name or the object was named a bizarre name.  And, I'm talking about my inventory not MP nor the favorites nor wishlist.

I'd have to go through a lot of pages in the My Account area to find them.  

And, I'm using lost not in the literal sense.  I know they are there...but what is the name?  I dunno.  So, I write on notecards everything NOW -- creator name, name of object, name of hud because often the hud doesn't have the creator's name nor the object name.   For instance, the hud was named 20 colors hud.  So, if I type in HUD in my inventory search box...there's bazillion of huds there, even all the demo ones.

I catalog now along with changing names if it's a bizzare named item.  Such as 1.  That's the object name, 1? lol  It has happened.

Edited by FairreLilette

4 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

No, I mean they are lost because I do not know a name to search for them.  I forgot the creator's name or the object was named a bizarre name.  And, I'm talking about my inventory not MP nor the favorites nor wishlist.

I'd have to go through a lot of pages in the My Account area to find them.  

And, I'm using lost not in the literal sense.  I know they are there...but what is the name?  I dunno.  So, I write on notecards everything NOW -- creator name, name of object, name of hud because often the hud doesn't have the creator's name nor the object name.   For instance, the hud was named 20 colors hud.  So, if I type in HUD in my inventory search box...there's bazillion of huds there, even all the demo ones.

I catalog now along with changing names if it's a bizzare named item.  Such as 1.  That's the object name, 1? lol  It has happened.

They are not lost. They're still in your inventory. 

I suggested using the MP favorites as a means of keeping up with the stores you like shopping at without have to write it all down on paper or notecards.

In 14 years, I've never purchased any objects with a name that was a number or numbers. 

Organizing your inventory will help you to find those things you believe are "lost". If you are doing things like keeping all HUDs in one folder... you're not helping yourself. HUDs need to stay in the folders with the items they are used with. What do you do when an item is no mod and you can't change the name? You organize things in a way that helps you find things and remember where they are. There are some system folders, like Objects, that you really don't want to leave a bunch of stuff in since when you take an item back into inventory that you have modified (or created) it goes into that folder. Items you purchase inworld go in that folder, too. Messy folder! Clean it out! Create your own folders and organize things in a way that works for you. And so on and so forth.

You already know, in general, what the item is, go look for it in the folder that has like items. For instance, clothing. Start with a main folder, #Clothes, then in that folder add folders for dresses, skirts, long dresses, formalwear, pants, jeans, tops, outerwear, hair (yes hair!), footwear, etc. Now you have a means of finding that bizarrely named item since you know it was a pair of jeans but you can't remember the bizarre name or the creator. Just seeing the name of the item on the folder should trigger memory and if it doesn't then those images that are often included are a great way to find that pair of jeans just by looking at the images. You can create your own images and store them on your harddrive (using the same system you use for inventory) if you don't want to pay to upload them. This applies to pretty much everything in SL.

There are hundreds of ways to organize your inventory so that you can find things even if you don't remember the name. Just find what works for you and stay on top of it for the most part.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2019 at 7:54 AM, Maryanne Solo said:

I have little experience with them. My understanding is you pay $x and some random code determines what you get. (hence my "gambling" statement). I have bought three in 10 years. Somehow, I figured out how to get exactly what I wanted. (a 3 piece clothing set all the same colour). I cant recall how I managed that but I still don't like the whole idea.

gacha have not been around for 10 years I believe. this is a newer development..

I never buy Gacha items reason being the sellers don't think it's necessary to describe anything about the item at all. I want to know everything about what I will be buying. That information is completely left out in the description.

On 4/22/2019 at 8:37 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Re. the empty box, I've often wondered about this, particularly when one is buying a "rare": what happens when the reseller runs out of the item that's for sale on the marketplace? Presumably, the item needs to be removed from the MP, and it is the reseller who must do that. And if they don't, and someone buys an item that is no longer available, an empty box is sent instead?

This hasn't happened to me . . . but I haven't bought many gacha from the MP. But it does sound as though one has to rely upon the reseller to keep tabs on their inventory, or be organized (and ethical) enough to offer refunds when an item no longer available has been purchased.

Another reason to rather dislike gacha, maybe.

For awhile now, when the listing runs out of stock, it is automatically unlisted by the website. I love that feature. Now no more unnecessary empty listings on the marketplace.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I didn't bother reading most of the replies, so I hope you got everything back.

I once lost 60+ folders full of gacha outfits, some had a couple of items in them, some full sets I spent a fortune collecting...and they were lost for all time.  I did all the cache clearings, and followed all the advice from webpages, and finally I contacted the Lindens.  They found the items on the server but couldn't return them to me.  So I lost thousands upon thousands of lindens worth of gacha items.  Broke my little pixel heart and I am still peeved about it to this day!

Hm. Hmm. Well, even if it's a bit of a necro, it does give an opportunity to bash gachas, so ..

... Gachas are obvious gambling á la lootboxes and should be banned on the same grounds, and if LL can't be bothered to, one can hope that legislation makes virtual gambling more constrained to force them to deal with it. As mentioned, you can put empty gacha boxes on the MP which is obviously fraudulent (and depending on what you write in the MP description you can well say 'this is an empty box' and people who think they know what they're buying will technically have little grounds of making a successful AR), and because of the whole no-copy aspect of gachas it's prone to loss. 

It's just thoroughly rotten. I refuse to buy gachas. If I can get a copy fatpack version, maybe - but those tend to be so expensive it's hardly worth it.

• Like 6

This is an old thread of mine.  I never found the missing items that I started this thread about but I went on to decorate two amazing club/hangouts with Gachas that I have good and great memories of Gachas, along with some bad.  Oh, and two absolutely charming tea rooms also.  The bad was far and few between compared to the great experience I had with my clubs and tea rooms.  The best way to buy Gachas, imo, is inworld at the yardsales.  Join the inworld group ALL THINGS GACHA for info on some really great, inexpensive items.  Inworld, since there is no copy of a gacha, you pay and then right click on the item and choose TAKE because the item changed into your name as owner when you paid for it.  I never would have been able to afford to decorate my clubs or tea houses with copy/mod items.  I was paying on average 30 lindens a piece for items I decorated my clubs with and that cannot be done with copy/mod items price-wise.  Look at Gachas as something that affords some beautiful inexpensive props for photography as well.  Buying copy/mod items for photography is too expensive.  I rez a box now and put all my Gachas in boxes.  Gachas are not for everybody and it isn't worth debating.  My great experience with Gacha has far out-weighed my bad.

EDIT IN:  PEACE, LOVE and GACHAS is another great inworld group with great sales, most sales have items half price or less.  Gachas is fun but it's most likely not for hoarders unless you store everything in your own box that you rezzed when you are done with a build or a photograph for example.  

Edited by FairreLilette

8 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Look at Gachas as something that affords some beautiful inexpensive props for photography as well.  Buying copy/mod items for photography is too expensive.

You can find tons and tons of cheap, well-made props, some even full-perm to allow you to customise them however you want them, if you browse the MP a bit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Orwar said:

You can find tons and tons of cheap, well-made props, some even full-perm to allow you to customise them however you want them, if you browse the MP a bit. 

I say no way to that that full perm kits are as cheap as Gacha especially if you want items of great quality where the amazing textures are already done.  Nutmeg, Apple Farm, Dust Bunny, Scarlet Creative (I love her houses too) have great quality on their Gachas and copy/mod items but the price for photographs to use copy/mod items, no way...that would cost a fortune to be buying their copy/mod items for photographs.  Plus, how I see the full perm items, if I am going to do all that texturing which takes a very long time, I may as well use full perm items for re-sale.  Some full perm kits are well over 1000K lindens I want.  That's a lot of money!  So, best for re-selling what I make, imo.  I did use some of my own items mixed in with the Gachas for my clubs and tea houses but it would have taken me years to do all those textures.  One tea house had 280 items in it!   That's a lot of textures - would have taken forever!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I say no way to that that full perm kits are as cheap as Gacha especially if you want items of great quality where the amazing textures are already done.  Nutmeg, Apple Farm, Dust Bunny, Scarlet Creative (I love her houses too) have great quality on their Gachas and copy/mod items but the price for photographs to use copy/mod items, no way...that would cost a fortune to be buying their copy/mod items for photographs.  Plus, how I see the full perm items, if I am going to do all that texturing which takes a very long time, I may as well use full perm items for re-sale.  Some full perm kits are well over 1000K lindens I want.  That's a lot of money!  So, best for re-selling what I make, imo.  I did use some of my own items mixed in with the Gachas for my clubs and tea houses but it would have taken me years to do all those textures.  One tea house had 280 items in it!   That's a lot of textures - would have taken forever!

I know a few years ago, Charlotte Bartlett of Scarlet Creative allowed an exchange of house gatchas from trans/mod to copy/mod.  I'm not sure if she offers that now and on all her gatcha homes but it's a good idea especially with homes.

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I know a few years ago, Charlotte Bartlett of Scarlet Creative allowed an exchange of house gatchas from trans/mod to copy/mod.  I'm not sure if she offers that now and on all her gatcha homes but it's a good idea especially with homes.

I'm not sure of the currents of exchanges either but at one time Nomad had an exchange terminal where I guess you dropped in your mod/trans Gacha for a copy/mod item and I'm not sure if Nomad still does but they might.  DRD also has some kind of exchange BUT her Gachas come with a message where it says more or less if you want an exchange for a copy/mod version you MUST NOT open the box prior to exchange.  So, each person would need to clarify how exchanges work currently no matter whom the Gacha is from.  ALL THINGS GACHA group inworld may have current info on exchanges.   

Edited by FairreLilette

4 hours ago, Orwar said:

Hm. Hmm. Well, even if it's a bit of a necro, it does give an opportunity to bash gachas, so ..

... Gachas are obvious gambling á la lootboxes and should be banned on the same grounds, and if LL can't be bothered to, one can hope that legislation makes virtual gambling more constrained to force them to deal with it. As mentioned, you can put empty gacha boxes on the MP which is obviously fraudulent (and depending on what you write in the MP description you can well say 'this is an empty box' and people who think they know what they're buying will technically have little grounds of making a successful AR), and because of the whole no-copy aspect of gachas it's prone to loss. 

It's just thoroughly rotten. I refuse to buy gachas. If I can get a copy fatpack version, maybe - but those tend to be so expensive it's hardly worth it.

I love a good Gacha and some of my favorite items in the game are rares. And I enjoy flaunting them even if they're old ones.  I find it to be more of a mini-game than gambling. Depending on the items, I generally set a price of what I think it is worth. I generally value most fatpacks around 1500. At 75L per gacha that gives me 20 chances to get an item from a gacha that typically has 20-25 items. So the odds of me getting what I want are fairly high. And the extra pieces you have you can sell to recoup part of what you paid or trade for other items. 

I think it becomes gambling when your only purpose is to hit a rare and sell it on the MP.

40 minutes ago, Finite said:

I think it becomes gambling when your only purpose is to hit a rare and sell it on the MP.

Possibly but I don't really see it as gambling because with gambling you can often get nothing such as slot machines, poker, or the lottery for some examples in that you will get nothing or possibly something.  With Gacha, it's like a prize machine in that you will get a prize you simply do not know which prize you will get.  

I mostly buy second-hand Gachas.  

MP is not the best place to buy but there are some sellers on MP I know who also have an inworld Gacha re-sale store and they are good people.  Most people in SL are good people from my experience.  It's a better experience to join inworld Gacha groups and get to know the sellers.  The creator of the group Peace, Love and Gachas also has an inworld Gacha outdoorsy type mall that is a very nice sim to Gacha shop in and it isn't as laggy as some others and she has terrific sales with good stuff and all is 25 lindens.   It's a great, inexpensive way to decorate because I'm sure a lot of us buying copy/mod items don't even use a lot of those items twice.  We want new and it's more expensive to buy copy/mod items and then to realize those are only used once anyways.  

21 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Possibly but I don't really see it as gambling because with gambling you can often get nothing such as slot machines, poker, or the lottery for some examples in that you will get nothing or possibly something.  With Gacha, it's like a prize machine in that you will get a prize you simply do not know which prize you will get.  

I mostly buy second-hand Gachas.  

MP is not the best place to buy but there are some sellers on MP I know who also have an inworld Gacha re-sale store and they are good people.  Most people in SL are good people from my experience.  It's a better experience to join inworld Gacha groups and get to know the sellers.  The creator of the group Peace, Love and Gachas also has an inworld Gacha outdoorsy type mall that is a very nice sim to Gacha shop in and it isn't as laggy as some others and she has terrific sales with good stuff and all is 25 lindens.   It's a great, inexpensive way to decorate because I'm sure a lot of us buying copy/mod items don't even use a lot of those items twice.  We want new and it's more expensive to buy copy/mod items and then to realize those are only used once anyways.  

1 hour ago, Finite said:

I love a good Gacha and some of my favorite items in the game are rares. And I enjoy flaunting them even if they're old ones.  I find it to be more of a mini-game than gambling. Depending on the items, I generally set a price of what I think it is worth. I generally value most fatpacks around 1500. At 75L per gacha that gives me 20 chances to get an item from a gacha that typically has 20-25 items. So the odds of me getting what I want are fairly high. And the extra pieces you have you can sell to recoup part of what you paid or trade for other items. 

I was just trying to make the point that it's not gambling. At least for me. But I can see how  someone who only purchases them for the purpose of reselling could view it as gambling. (this is me just having an open mind for the counter-view. Not literally agreeing that it is gambling).

As for MP. I only use MP if I feel the odds of me getting the desired item to be very low. For example, a gacha with too many possible items in it. The ones I actually win have a special place for me xD.

Edited by Finite

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Apple Fall did this at one point.

23 minutes ago, Finite said:

As for MP. I only use MP if I feel the odds of me getting the desired item to be very low. For example, a gacha with too many possible items in it. The ones I actually win have a special place for me xD.

It is important for folks to realize that not all gacha's are equal when it comes to the rares and OMG ultrarares. Trompe Loeil never has rares so in the case of the current offering you chances are 1 in 6 that you will get the item you are after. If you are after two items then it would be 1 in three of getting EITHER of them. This is EACH time :D.   So the logic that "if I play the gacha machine six times I "should" get the item I want (in the Trompe Loeil example only) is faulty - well, wouldn'tchaknow.    

I played a machine a few days ago looking to replace an item that disappeared from my inventory -- and with nothing available on the aftermarket).  I won't two RARES right off and one about three pulls later. It took me a dozen or so pulls to get the item I wanted and there were about nine things in the set.   So "random" is a tricky thing.  

IF it is a rare it could be just as easy to get as the non-rares or up to 50 times (the highest I have seen that I "could" see) .    So pretty much no one is going to get that rare --- the idea from the person that set the odds that people will just keep playing.  "I" just tried once and walked away because I knew what to look for in the description.  Sometimes though depending on the script that runs the gacha doesn't have clues as to the odds. Then it really IS "gambling" LOL.

So just wanted to add that here.

Also on that OLD thread there were lots of complaints about empty boxes.  I haven't ever received one, but I can see how easily it would be to put an original (not the seller's own prim with texture thing) as the actual gacha. Most are named EXACTLY the same and in your inventory they look the same.   I am forever pulling out empty boxes that I though was the actual item. So writing to the seller would be a good first step. It may have just been a mistake and they might still have the item in their inventory. 

My biggest issues with gachas is that most times you cannot inspect or see the items inworld. So you are only going by a photo and sometimes not even with the land impact number as a bit of a guide.  I bought one item this morning that looked really good in the photo and the gacha is super popular judging by the number of things to buy from that set on the Marketplace, but it had bad LODS, and sloppy texturing (a seam that didn't have to even be  there certainly in the wrong place for a seam) etc.    So I suggest that buying ONE item from a set or playing the gacha just once == is a good practice.   I do that most times. 

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Also on that OLD thread there were lots of complaints about empty boxes.  I haven't ever received one, but I can see how easily it would be to put an original (not the seller's own prim with texture thing) as the actual gacha. Most are named EXACTLY the same and in your inventory they look the same.   I am forever pulling out empty boxes that I though was the actual item. So writing to the seller would be a good first step. It may have just been a mistake and they might still have the item in their inventory. 

I also haven't had this issue however I do not purchase often from the MP (assuming this only happens with MP purchases). I think the only issue I had was one time I was buying gachas from a machine in a laggy sim and noticed after the fact that I never received an item on at least three of my tries. I contacted the vendor and nothing came of it but I ultimately decided I probably shouldn't have spammed the box while the place was super laggy so I never made a big issue of it.

7 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

My biggest issues with gachas is that most times you cannot inspect or see the items inworld. So you are only going by a photo and sometimes not even with the land impact number as a bit of a guide.  I bought one item this morning that looked really good in the photo and the gacha is super popular judging by the number of things to buy from that set on the Marketplace, but it had bad LODS, and sloppy texturing (a seam that didn't have to even be  there certainly in the wrong place for a seam) etc.    So I suggest that buying ONE item from a set or playing the gacha just once == is a good practice.   I do that most times. 

Sometimes if you go directly to the store who made the gacha they'll have demos. I know off the top of my head that GB, Scandalize and Violent Seduction offer demos for their gachas. I think Luas and Una do as well.

Gambling is gambling, even when you call it a lootbox or a gacha. Just a matter of time before legislation forces LL to ban 'em. 

Even EA did away with them, seeing the writing on the wall, and EA is terrible about monetizing everything they can. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Gambling is gambling, even when you call it a lootbox or a gacha. Just a matter of time before legislation forces LL to ban 'em. 

Even EA did away with them, seeing the writing on the wall, and EA is terrible about monetizing everything they can. 

Lol. Have you seen the devil game in SL? I forget what its called. Something Devil. If that game has lasted as long as it has without any regulation then I don't see anything happening to gacha any time soon. At least you get equity from gacha.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.