The 40+ crowd! Do you exist in SL?

Kush Daddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I sell motorcycles in SL and among my customers they seem to be pretty well divided 50/50 as avatars that are 'bikers' portraying the biker lifestyle like in an MC (motorcycle club) or riding lone wolf vs. people that just like to ride motorcycles and are more into clothing and fashion.  A bit similar to the mods & rockers from the 60s in style & fashion, not so much in vehicle choice as most ride motorcycles compared to scooters.  It does seem a large number of them are baby boomer age and retired or are approaching retirement age, just based on casual conversations with them inworld.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 7:47 PM, Chicky Delicioso said:

I love young people, no offense. I really do.

I need people I can relate to.. 30s - 60s if you are out there, say hi! (Girls or gays only)

I don't love to shop.. sorry if thats a disappointment. I do love to play board games and I have pretty much all of them. Happy to go to a club or venue, discussion, etc as long as theres not like 5 people in the room with tip request spam. (tacky!)

I have a foul mouth and am an east coast girl with a big heart. In a long term relationship almost 2 years and already gone RL with him so you don't need to protect your boyfriends from me! I am totally uninterested in that sort of drama. 

Anyway, say hello my mature ladies! 

Since everyone in the RL is getting older everywhere, since younger people now all have smartphones, hardly ever use PCs, and play all kinds of games on smartphones or consoles, they have enough choices ... the average age of SL users also increases. "It is very likely that it will be more difficult to meet a user under 40 than a 40+!" Says HK ... even Construction year 1967.

• Like 1

👋 Just over the 40 mark here. Recently joined SL. Tiny violins at the ready as I don’t have any friends yet.

It’s OK though, I'll get out to some events in good time. I have some stuff I can be getting on with like some kinda houseboat hermit.

Anyone here into landscaping and building? I want to get into that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/20/2019 at 1:47 PM, Chicky Delicioso said:

I love young people, no offense. I really do.

I need people I can relate to.. 30s - 60s if you are out there, say hi! (Girls or gays only)

I don't love to shop.. sorry if thats a disappointment. I do love to play board games and I have pretty much all of them. Happy to go to a club or venue, discussion, etc as long as theres not like 5 people in the room with tip request spam. (tacky!)

I have a foul mouth and am an east coast girl with a big heart. In a long term relationship almost 2 years and already gone RL with him so you don't need to protect your boyfriends from me! I am totally uninterested in that sort of drama. 

Anyway, say hello my mature ladies! 

Hiya Chicky, I am 43 and my hubby is 54  we are also east coat time zone . and np with foul mouth ,we do the same lol we are pretty easy to get along with and have a sense of humor and are laid back kinda of people .  

Hit us up sometime .. Nayevia and RobBass 

hope to see ya in game ! 

I am over 40. I don't really know the ages of most of my friends. I'd guess they are between 30 and 60.

I love vintage everything. I enjoy going to clubs that are pretty chill with my friends. (Club Noir, owned by my boyfriend and Caffeine Nights, owned by another friend)

I love to play table top games. I love to shop, but mostly on the MP. My computer is old and slow, like me.

42. Joined SL when i was 32 played for a while left after a few months and came back at 36 made a business here and most of the time i log in for that.

Those that i really know their real age due to skype video calling or knowing them in RL are from 25 up to 70 but the majority of people that i have talked to based on what they say and not actually knowing them claim to be at the age group of 45-65 these days.

I'm getting there... slowwwwly but surely. I just turned 37. Unlike most of you, I've always met a huge variety of ages from 18 up to 80. My two long-time friends are respectively 15 years younger and 15 years older than me. When I was actively trying to make friends, it was more difficult for me to find people in my 35-40 range. Granted, everyone I met doesn't act their age anyhow so I stopped even bothering with it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.