Jump to content

The Linden Homes Photo Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok here we go. If the greenhouse wasn't empty, the garden would be almost finished. I only take 1 picture inside, I spent most time and LI in the garden.  

After days and days of tweaking, I think I’m finally done with my Victorian (maybe). I am so happy!    

Hello everyone   This is my first time posting in the forum, but I've been a member of SL since 2010. However, I took a loooong break - from around beginning of 2012 to around mid last year. I ca

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Courtesy of Jacee631 Resident, he hosted a bus tour of Bellisseria tonight. 

Snapshot_008.png

I was busy decorating my traditional when two tour buses came by.  I almost fell out of my computer chair I was laughing so hard.  I love it!  I got my traditional on this second night trying and on the fourth try.  I am hard to please lol.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to post a picture before I head to bed. OH SO MUCH done this eve!    and OH SO MANY LIs left to play with.  While I had one idea for the backyard, I completely changed my mind. I have a raised bed garden out back, lots of pavers (almost free LI wise) and sand. There is of course rich, dark loam in the veggie beds :D.   Kitchen and hallway are fairly done and looking good but the kitchen needs a bit more clutter. 

 

I have SO much great stuff plus an almost full sim of things LOL. But sometimes getting the FLOW is tricky. 

And a tip for anyone finding their framerate declining --- blacklisting your neighbors big trees will likely help. I did a bit of that tonight (I only see them in the backyard) and got a 25% hike in my FPS instantly.  ^^

 

1203487890_gardenclutter.thumb.jpg.500d970c7ce2f11991b831c4673ffbe8.jpg

  • Like 18
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

I was busy decorating my traditional when two tour buses came by.  I almost fell out of my computer chair I was laughing so hard.  I love it!  I got my traditional on this second night trying and on the fourth try.  I am hard to please lol.

Did you know you can change your home design at the mailbox? Or is there a special home I have missed?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Did you know you can change your home design at the mailbox? Or is there a special home I have missed?

It's all about location, location, location lol.  My lot faces east, is elevated, overlooks the houseboats and I can see a community pool from my back yard.  Perfect!

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have LI anxiety. Only 78 left, and no furniture in the bedroom, there is nothing in the greenhouse, and the bathroom.

What we need is a LI kiosk where we can put in money and get 50 or 100 more LI.

Yes? 🙏

Well that's a GREAT idea!!! Hope @Patch Linden (or some og the family) hears (reads) that and considers it

I myself didn't yet try to fill the house with furniture, for I am not sure where I'll finally settle down, but so far I am optimistic. Where I rented so far (lovely landscape, cute little three room cottage), I had only 134 LI to furnish it, so I am used to saving LI whereever possible.

To have 351 at my disposal seems like heaven to me! ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They'll be rolling out more homes soon, so that might help in the search.  Maybe just have to tolerate a so-so place until then.

Well I am lucky to have reasonable houses held by my alts, so I will not despair! ;)

Leora is the one hopping about at the moment and regrets deeply haven given up the first home with the nice sea view!

Yesterday they told me I would have to wait for 24 hours. Today I tried again, got the most gastly home imaginible (of the new ones! still parasdise compared with the old) abandoned it at once, asked for a new one and what did I get? The same gastly home all over again!! Guess what I did? abandon it!! ... now I 'll wait one or two hours and try again! Meanwhile helping my alts doing their gardens ;)

 

 

Edited by Leora Jacobus
Link to post
Share on other sites

HelloI saw that the linden had created new houses for the prenium. The question is that we Former prenium members, our houses will be changed (+our environment on our plots)? It is for me whether I should buy new furniture that goes with the style of the new houses ^^Hello  I saw that the linden had created new houses for the prenium. The question is that we Former prenium members, our houses will be changed (+our environment on our plots)? It is for me whether I should buy new furniture that goes with the style of the new houses ^^

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pat Vinciolo said:

HelloI saw that the linden had created new houses for the prenium. The question is that we Former prenium members, our houses will be changed (+our environment on our plots)? It is for me whether I should buy new furniture that goes with the style of the new houses ^^Hello  I saw that the linden had created new houses for the prenium. The question is that we Former prenium members, our houses will be changed (+our environment on our plots)? It is for me whether I should buy new furniture that goes with the style of the new houses ^^

There will be an in-between period, but over time, OG linden home owners will be urged to move over, with the end result being the OG linden homes not existing. So you should probably plan ahead to be living in the new linden homes, unless you plan to live on mainland or whatnot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

Wow! That is incredibly impressive! What do you use for the garage building and whatnot?

It is the ROOST - York Vale Garage. I re textured using the linden provided textures for the brickwork and pavers for the driveway along with the linden fence the whole way round.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Prepare for an overload of images.

I am not a builder, so my walls will probably not pass a closer inspection. But I like it. It is so difficult to take pictures and swing the camera.

I put on an effect called "Cairo" in the last image. My house is to the left of the red house, almost in the middle.

1: The livingroom wall, charcoal color for drama. (Yes. They are covered for PG.)

boat_001.jpg.fb4a0cacf628ffa8636fce63e0d8dc94.jpg

2: The bedroom. Need a small bed. The room is very narrow. Will probably not fit in more than a bed, and some hanging on the walls. To the left, bathroom door, to the right, kitchen door. The wall we don't see has the second entrance door. The boat is Wallover. The window on the left wall is covered. First, I lover the blinds, then place a prim over the whole wall. From the outside, it looks just like before with the blinds down.

boat_004.jpg.ef5d1a1c61b1029927ecc0f95ee87c2d.jpg

3 + 4: The bathroom. Bathtub, toilet, double sink, 2 mirrors, towels. The houseboat had a small "nook" the tub fits in there.

boat_005.jpg.a1131821f66121eda79d30c3775279ae.jpg

boat_007.jpg.df1501586b6aae9fe92b4955d4a902d4.jpg

5: View from the kitchen to the livingroom. It is a small breakfast table and 2 chairs that we can't see.

boat_009.jpg.fe5a74631b45baac8a3aeea2ecf1f676.jpg

6: Cozy when you cam in.

boat_011.jpg.b90fbc9ccaa1347f313d6055c37a10b5.jpg

7: View.

boat_013.jpg.3e04db3961ef9e6122902fc8acf96fad.jpg

Edited to add: It is an attempt to show the roomplan here:

 

 

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Ooh everyone is so quick decorating! I spent ages adapting the porch area, and  lining up the pavers for our path out front.

 

Maaaybe I'm a bit sloppy? 😉 No one see that on pictures. Well, I did nudge the tiles on the bathroom floor a bit, after I uploaded here. I could see it on the picture, I didn't see it inworld.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

My Alt's getting on with her garden, planted a big tree and some flowers and even the grasstexture of the pool adapts now nicely to the lawn.

40662440993_b2abdbeed7_c.jpg
HomeS01_Tree by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Hmm. Perhaps we live in the same region. I saw a garden with this pool, not so far away. 😃

But it's loking great . Was the lights included too?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stlshayne said:

There will be an in-between period, but over time, OG linden home owners will be urged to move over, with the end result being the OG linden homes not existing. So you should probably plan ahead to be living in the new linden homes, unless you plan to live on mainland or whatnot. 

Thank you for the answer, the only thing I will plan is the purchase of new furniture matches with the new linden Houses ♥

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pat Vinciolo said:

Thank you for the answer, the only thing I will plan is the purchase of new furniture matches with the new linden Houses ♥

Note that there will be more styles of homes coming up in the future --- and before you HAVE to move. So what you have now might work fine in one of those. Inara's "guessed" that we would see more home styles appear (and land get filled with them naturally) at the birthday bash this June.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Note that there will be more styles of homes coming up in the future --- and before you HAVE to move. So what you have now might work fine in one of those. Inara's "guessed" that we would see more home styles appear (and land get filled with them naturally) at the birthday bash this June.  

Do you know if there are going to be different themed areas, like there were for the original linden homes?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...