The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

My trad has gone through at least 10 different decorating ideas. I tried light and bright, girly and frilly, bold rainbows, rustic and all kinds of things.  I hated them all.  I finally found a style I liked.  I have some land impact to play with, so possibly a rug in the entrance and some clutter on the bookshelves in the bedroom is still needed.  All black and gold except for the red entrance area:

loggy_004.jpg

loggy_010.jpg

loggy_006.jpg

loggy_007.jpg

loggy_008.jpg

• Like 22

I have noticed this when taking interior photos myself and again on some of the ones posted here... there is no SL environment (lighting) for taking interior pictures that gives depth to the interior shots.

I wish that LL would create some type of special lighting that could be used for generating realistic shadows interior shots!

• Like 4

I've shown my log home and my traditional.  I don't remember if I showed my stilt before I abandoned it, but it was completely art deco and I had a mainland parcel that was 50s retro.  I've had this houseboat for a year and may be letting it go when the container homes are released.  I usually try something completely different with each home I catch and keep for any length of time.  I prioritize being a good neighbor even when I decorate in a style very different from the theme.  This houseboat is actually a spaceship.  It needed to be able to take off for another planet at a moment's notice or navigate a meteor belt without breaking everything 😄, so there is very little clutter and very clean (and a bit cold.)  It has sleeping pods, a rooftop garden with alien plants, holographic plants inside, a kitchen with everything tucked away.  I had a lot of fun shopping for all of it.  I may reuse some of this retro/futuristic decor in my new container home.  I just haven't made a final determination of how I want to decorate the new theme, yet.  I wanted to share this one just in case I do let it go.  It is different, but I think I did a fairly good job of making the variations subtle enough to still fit in the neighborhood.

Houseboat_001.jpg

Houseboat_001a.jpg

Houseboat_002.jpg

Houseboat_003.jpg

Houseboat_004.jpg

Houseboat_007.jpg

• Like 19

5 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Mostrei meu diário de bordo e meu tradicional. Não me lembro se mostrei minha palafita antes de abandoná-la, mas era completamente art déco e eu tinha um pacote continental que era 50s retrô. Eu tenho essa casa-barco há um ano e pode estar deixando-o ir quando as casas de contêineres são liberadas. Eu costumo tentar algo completamente diferente com cada casa que eu pego e guardo por qualquer período de tempo. Priorizo ser um bom vizinho mesmo quando decondo em um estilo muito diferente do tema. Este barco é na verdade uma nave espacial. Ele precisava ser capaz de decolar para outro planeta a qualquer momento ou navegar por um cinturão de meteoros sem quebrar tudo 😄, então há muito pouca desordem e muito limpo (e um pouco frio.) Tem cápsulas para dormir, um jardim no telhado com plantas alienígenas, plantas holográficas dentro, uma cozinha com tudo escondido. Eu me diverti muito comprando para tudo isso. Eu posso reutilizar um pouco dessa decoração retrô/futurista na minha nova casa de contêineres. Eu só não fiz uma determinação final de como eu quero decorar o novo tema, ainda. Eu queria compartilhar este só para o caso de eu deixá-lo ir. É diferente, mas acho que fiz um bom trabalho fazendo as variações sutis o suficiente para ainda caber na vizinhança.

Houseboat_001.jpg

Houseboat_001a.jpg

Houseboat_002.jpg

Houseboat_003.jpg

Houseboat_004.jpg

Houseboat_007.jpg

I really like it all, I'm completely incapable of following a theme that way.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

That is a really nice parcel. I can't wait to see what you do with it. I tried a chalet and couldn't find my inspiration to decorate it. That parcel looks inspiring!

Thanks. I was most impressed by the raised garden bed on the corner and relative close proximity to the water.  I haven't yet figured out what to do with the outside as I'm no good at landscaping.  But I do know not to let the kids have a go at it like they did to my poor Victorian. haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I started to put up some flowers:

51781123665_7db47a201e_b.jpg

51780883899_3d0b26ce3d_b.jpg

And threw up some pictures on the walls:

51780883749_b46b202629_b.jpg

The living room:

51781123615_49c841599c_b.jpg

Another angle of living room and kitchen on the other end:

51781123820_cdfe429f82_b.jpg

(don't mind the LOD fail on the kitchen shelves. >_< )

The bedroom is more or less slowly coming together:

51780489918_f16436eef9_b.jpg

Come visit if you want. I have drinks, snacks, and pizza in the kitchen.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Malamute/238/73/23

• Like 21

On 1/7/2022 at 12:25 PM, Elyeah said:

I thought the Victorian theme would be my favourite Linden home but I find myself being drawn again and again to the houseboats and have come to realise that those feel more like home to me

I am totally the same I realised although the Williamsburg camper is my favourite home model, boats are my spiritual place :)

• Like 4

On 12/30/2021 at 11:11 PM, PrudenceAnton said:

Remodeled Dining room and Music area
Evening Star Houseboat, Bellisseria.

Remodeled Dining room and Music area

In daylight

Remodeled Dining room and Music area in daylight

Eveningstar Mediterranen decor
I've been working for nearly 2 years on finding just the right decor for this style. I'm finely pleased with the final outcome. The complimentary chairs and dining set finished the look.

Eveningstar Mediterranen decor 1

Eveningstar Mediterranen decor 2

My inspiration:
livingroom.jpg.a1601d66096046758d87dd59a83b8a3f.jpg

481956255_diningroom.jpg.1779d98370497eb4b1641456e973bca4.jpg

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 23

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Eveningstar Mediterranen decor
I've been working for nearly 2 years on finding just the right decor for this style. I'm finely pleased with the final outcome. The complimentary chairs and dining set finished the look.

Eveningstar Mediterranen decor 1

Eveningstar Mediterranen decor 2

My inspiration:
livingroom.jpg.a1601d66096046758d87dd59a83b8a3f.jpg

481956255_diningroom.jpg.1779d98370497eb4b1641456e973bca4.jpg

looooooove this

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...