The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

56 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

It is on Fugu (a new sim recently released) right along the northern land edge 🙂

I keep telling myself I am going to reduce down to ONE premium account and then I get an itch to try a new theme but do not want to give up the amazing home I have so the endless cycle continues.

Totally the same here!  I had three but I'm down to two. I would love to just have one but I can't do it, not yet. LOL.  I'm back looking again with one of my alts. I think I abandoned a house once with the name Fugu something or other.  I just wish I should have kept the very first Stilt I had bc I had a perfect view of the water and no houses in front of me blocking the view.  I wanna kick myself lol.

Edited by EnchantrixLisa
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

It is on Fugu (a new sim recently released) right along the northern land edge 🙂

I keep telling myself I am going to reduce down to ONE premium account and then I get an itch to try a new theme but do not want to give up the amazing home I have so the endless cycle continues.

I had a lovely spot on Fugu for a couple weeks. Every time I decide to downgrade an alt, she lands the "perfect" spot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2021 at 3:24 AM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

My trad has gone through at least 10 different decorating ideas. I tried light and bright, girly and frilly, bold rainbows, rustic and all kinds of things.  I hated them all.  I finally found a style I liked.  I have some land impact to play with, so possibly a rug in the entrance and some clutter on the bookshelves in the bedroom is still needed.  All black and gold except for the red entrance area:

loggy_004.jpg

loggy_010.jpg

loggy_006.jpg

loggy_007.jpg

loggy_008.jpg

May I ask you where the dining table and chairs come from?

On 3/8/2022 at 1:28 PM, s2Pandora said:

For the first time since I got my Vic in 2019, i've changed the house(was The Hardy). I still have no idea what i'm doing inside, yet. Gonna throw things and see what sticks.

image.thumb.png.457e29e65c5f801d2171c3bebb16de7f.png

There is a Doyle decorated at the Bellisseria 3rd Anniversary setup at the fairgrounds this weekend. YOu could go look at it and maybe get an idea or two.... Technically starts friday at 10 AM but nothing stopping you from going earlier to look

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been a LONG time since I posted my last travelogue through Bellisseria. Long enough, in fact, that the Moles have launched a couple of new themes in the meantime.  The travelogues started out as such a fun project -- at least for me -- so I really feel guilty about getting distracted and out of the habit.

This post won't make up for everything, but here's my personal summary of the themes so far. I don't necessarily try to dress to match each theme before I visit, but it seems to turn out that way even so... at least in this selection from the archives. 

1020546415_NineBellisseriaThemes.thumb.jpg.62d0405119872b07c4992e3c20bb7342.jpg

EDIT: Oh, rats!  They all look tiny and the software won't let me stretch them. Darn.  Well, maybe you can zoom in.

Edited by Rolig Loon
Hmmm..
  • Like 21

10 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's been a LONG time since I posted my last travelogue through Bellisseria. Long enough, in fact, that the Moles have launched a couple of new themes in the meantime.  The travelogues started out as such a fun project -- at least for me -- so I really feel guilty about getting distracted and out of the habit.

This post won't make up for everything, but here's my personal summary of the themes so far. I don't necessarily try to dress to match each theme before I visit, but it seems to turn out that way even so... at least in this selection from the archives. 

1020546415_NineBellisseriaThemes.thumb.jpg.62d0405119872b07c4992e3c20bb7342.jpg

EDIT: Oh, rats!  They all look tiny and the software won't let me stretch them. Darn.  Well, maybe you can zoom in.

Thank you!  What a fabulous idea; please do more!  My only request would be to have the approximate location for each photo included so we can visit, especially if a rezzer was available, as in the Segway photo.  More, please!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's been a LONG time since I posted my last travelogue through Bellisseria. ...

I SO loved your travelogues!  I think more people should post about their travels thru Belli.

I was also so happy to see that you spent time as mer in Fantasseria (lovely pic, that one!). One day I hope to see a school of mer splashing by my home there (is 'school' the right plural, I wonder?) :)

I clicked on the pics 3 times and they enlarged to fill the window .

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5

Thank you for the vote of confidence @Nika Talaj. I never really intended to stop exploring Bellisseria, but the past couple of years have offered so many distractions that I sort of lost my enthusiasm for travelogues. I regret that, because I was doing them as much for myself as for anyone curious enough (and patient enough) to read them. There are so many exciting places to visit in Bellisseria, and so many curious little details. Sharing them is half the fun of exploring.

So, in that sprit, @Leora Greenwood commented on my trip through stilt home regions on my Segway-style scooter. That got me thinking ... I remember discovering a small harbor island that was a great spot for swimming and apparently unnoticed by the locals. I took a photo there, but I couldn't remember where it was. So ...

I grabbed my scooter and headed for Hovercraft Eels.  Why there?  Because it's a silly name and because I found a scribbled note in the margin of my day book that said I had started there once before.

356317229_Offshore1.jpg.47eb1baa298bd31ce0584724be63e8a5.jpg

So there's the scooter, and here's the boardwalk in Hovercraft Eels. This is a lovely region, but it's more than half under water, and there are no handy offshore islands. Not a bad place to start a trip, but things looked more promising to the east. I checked my map and headed for Offshore.

BTW, Leora, note that I don't need a rez zone. When I made this vehicle, I built it as an attachment so I could just pull it out of inventory and ADD it no matter where I was.  It moves right along, humming to itself, and is very easy to steer. The only problem I have is that I don't have a free hand to grab my hat if the wind comes up.

222406372_Offshore2.jpg.0fa2c065363fc654d616659474f89b6a.jpg

Those big tires also make it a great all-terrain vehicle. I don't even have to slow down to take a staircase like the one ahead.

1754246716_Offshore3.jpg.683b1250bf169b9e4e5db8475881f2ab.jpg

Offshore is part of a fairly large island that takes up parts of twelve regions from Clearwater Shallows in the northwest to Ponte Squali in the southeast. It has a huge lagoon at its center, open to the northeast. It seemed to me that the best hope for finding the island I was looking for was probably in that channel to the sea.  So off I went, following roads east and then north into Calypso Channel.  That little sandwich bar ahead looked familiar ...

1305870210_Offshore6.jpg.2a883d29d7640eaa4abfc2ae42c28c1d.jpg

... and it was. I remember the odd little triangular sandwiches and the warm lemonade. When I was a girl, my aunt used to feed us snack food like this. Heaven knows why she did. I never cared for it then, and don't like it much now. This is a picturesque spot, though.  There is a nice view of the lagoon and there are hardly any seagulls.

722494906_Offshore4.jpg.bde2074d9c365c1bdce068e9fe95cfb7.jpg

The lagoon is a great place for boating.  Many of the people who live along the shore moor small pleasure craft like these boats. I didn't see anyone water skiing, but I bet it would be a fun way to spend an afternoon.  You'd have to watch out for channel markers and stay away from posts like the ones here that mark the corners of private property, but there's lots of open water out there.

660596293_Offshore7.jpg.b7cedb46557db2d65f66b44baf02beac.jpg

Calypso has a comfortable mix of homes on sand, like these, and a few that are farther out in the lagoon. The ones out on the water offer a little more privacy, I suppose, but the tradeoff is that you have to swim or sail to get home. I wonder where you would leave your boat on the shore?

There's not much grass here -- these are beach communities after all -- but people do love their flowers. All along the road I found patches of hardy perennials like these orange ones. (I'm terrible about names for flowers.  Sorry. )

I followed the shoreline, curving eastward, and gradually got to Buccaneer, where things started to look promising.  I wasn't spotting particular landmarks, but the closer I got to the sea channel at the northeast end of the lagoon, the more familiar things looked.

652135658_Offshore8.jpg.b03b7c02a0c8c9e73c53008c670c1686.jpg

And then ... BINGO!  There it was. The channel is narrower than I remembered, so the island is closer to shore, but that's it. I parked my scooter under a tree and walked carefully between two private parcels to get to the beach.  From there it was a short swim.

1006941176_Offshore9.jpg.54198bf0e0b7dfe7480f598ecd4fe7a7.jpg

You couldn't hold a party out here, but that's fine. I was remembering this as a quiet place to relax all by myself, get in a little swimming, and lie on the sand.  Except for a kid's floatie that washed up on the shore, I didn't see any evidence that people come here often.   No beer cans, no half-eaten triangular sandwiches ... not even any footprints in the sand. Except for the fact that anyone in nearby houses can clearly see you out here, this would be a tempting spot to go skinny dipping.  I didn't, but one could.

882745785_Offshore11.jpg.929f713e9ad02580a42e6fae6d5693be.jpg

I'm so glad you jogged my memory, Leora. This was less an exploration than a chance to reconnect. I checked my daybook to verify the details and see how long it's been.  I visited before on February 8, 2021.  

635841199_Offshore12.jpg.bc27cd86828889978b063e1683a75099.jpg

A lot has happened since then.  There are new regions to explore, new themes to visit, and many things to write about. I've changed a bit too. As I compare photos, I remember that I used to have a different favorite hair style back then. I seem to have lost weight, too, which is not a bad thing.  Here's what I looked like then, on this same spot.

83051137_Offshore10.jpg.65a2020d7e896e908cb0d0f587573a1e.jpg

That's enough nostalgia.  Thank you both again for your kind words. I'll try not to wait so long before posting again.

Offshore 5.jpg

BTW, I didn't mean to leave out the other people who liked the post I made last night, despite its tiny photos.  😉

Edited by Rolig Loon
Small afterthoughts
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Thank you for the vote of confidence @Nika Talaj. I never really intended to stop exploring Bellisseria, but the past couple of years have offered so many distractions that I sort of lost my enthusiasm for travelogues. I regret that, because I was doing them as much for myself as for anyone curious enough (and patient enough) to read them. There are so many exciting places to visit in Bellisseria, and so many curious little details. Sharing them is half the fun of exploring.

So, in that sprit, @Leora Greenwood commented on my trip through stilt home regions on my Segway-style scooter. That got me thinking ... I remember discovering a small harbor island that was a great spot for swimming and apparently unnoticed by the locals. I took a photo there, but I couldn't remember where it was. So ...

I grabbed my scooter and headed for Hovercraft Eels.  Why there?  Because it's a silly name and because I found a scribbled note in the margin of my day book that said I had started there once before.

356317229_Offshore1.jpg.47eb1baa298bd31ce0584724be63e8a5.jpg

So there's the scooter, and here's the boardwalk in Hovercraft Eels. This is a lovely region, but it's more than half under water, and there are no handy offshore islands. Not a bad place to start a trip, but things looked more promising to the east. I checked my map and headed for Offshore.

BTW, Leora, note that I don't need a rez zone. When I made this vehicle, I built it as an attachment so I could just pull it out of inventory and ADD it no matter where I was.  It moves right along, humming to itself, and is very easy to steer. The only problem I have is that I don't have a free hand to grab my hat if the wind comes up.

222406372_Offshore2.jpg.0fa2c065363fc654d616659474f89b6a.jpg

Those big tires also make it a great all-terrain vehicle. I don't even have to slow down to take a staircase like the one ahead.

1754246716_Offshore3.jpg.683b1250bf169b9e4e5db8475881f2ab.jpg

Offshore is part of a fairly large island that takes up parts of twelve regions from Clearwater Shallows in the northwest to Ponte Squali in the southeast. It has a huge lagoon at its center, open to the northeast. It seemed to me that the best hope for finding the island I was looking for was probably in that channel to the sea.  So off I went, following roads east and then north into Calypso Channel.  That little sandwich bar ahead looked familiar ...

1305870210_Offshore6.jpg.2a883d29d7640eaa4abfc2ae42c28c1d.jpg

... and it was. I remember the odd little triangular sandwiches and the warm lemonade. When I was a girl, my aunt used to feed us snack food like this. Heaven knows why she did. I never cared for it then, and don't like it much now. This is a picturesque spot, though.  There is a nice view of the lagoon and there are hardly any seagulls.

722494906_Offshore4.jpg.bde2074d9c365c1bdce068e9fe95cfb7.jpg

The lagoon is a great place for boating.  Many of the people who live along the shore moor small pleasure craft like these boats. I didn't see anyone water skiing, but I bet it would be a fun way to spend an afternoon.  You'd have to watch out for channel markers and stay away from posts like the ones here that mark the corners of private property, but there's lots of open water out there.

660596293_Offshore7.jpg.b7cedb46557db2d65f66b44baf02beac.jpg

Calypso has a comfortable mix of homes on sand, like these, and a few that are farther out in the lagoon. The ones out on the water offer a little more privacy, I suppose, but the tradeoff is that you have to swim or sail to get home. I wonder where you would leave your boat on the shore?

There's not much grass here -- these are beach communities after all -- but people do love their flowers. All along the road I found patches of hardy perennials like these orange ones. (I'm terrible about names for flowers.  Sorry. )

I followed the shoreline, curving eastward, and gradually got to Buccaneer, where things started to look promising.  I wasn't spotting particular landmarks, but the closer I got to the sea channel at the northeast end of the lagoon, the more familiar things looked.

652135658_Offshore8.jpg.b03b7c02a0c8c9e73c53008c670c1686.jpg

And then ... BINGO!  There it was. The channel is narrower than I remembered, so the island is closer to shore, but that's it. I parked my scooter under a tree and walked carefully between two private parcels to get to the beach.  From there it was a short swim.

1006941176_Offshore9.jpg.54198bf0e0b7dfe7480f598ecd4fe7a7.jpg

You couldn't hold a party out here, but that's fine. I was remembering this as a quiet place to relax all by myself, get in a little swimming, and lie on the sand.  Except for a kid's floatie that washed up on the shore, I didn't see any evidence that people come here often.   No beer cans, no half-eaten triangular sandwiches ... not even any footprints in the sand. Except for the fact that anyone in nearby houses can clearly see you out here, this would be a tempting spot to go skinny dipping.  I didn't, but one could.

882745785_Offshore11.jpg.929f713e9ad02580a42e6fae6d5693be.jpg

I'm so glad you jogged my memory, Leora. This was less an exploration than a chance to reconnect. I checked my daybook to verify the details and see how long it's been.  I visited before on February 8, 2021.  

635841199_Offshore12.jpg.bc27cd86828889978b063e1683a75099.jpg

A lot has happened since then.  There are new regions to explore, new themes to visit, and many things to write about. I've changed a bit too. As I compare photos, I remember that I used to have a different favorite hair style back then. I seem to have lost weight, too, which is not a bad thing.  Here's what I looked like then, on this same spot.

83051137_Offshore10.jpg.65a2020d7e896e908cb0d0f587573a1e.jpg

That's enough nostalgia.  Thank you both again for your kind words. I'll try not to wait so long before posting again.

Offshore 5.jpg

BTW, I didn't mean to leave out the other people who liked the post I made last night, despite its tiny photos.  😉

WOW, that is stunning, a fabulous travelogue!!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished decorating a 512 parcel in Sakura. 

I had fun trying to put it together, but it was frustrating that some of my favorite things were just too high prim to use.

I made a small pond out back, but other items were from a fatpack that (when I later read the description) were actually designed for a house in a 'red light' district. 

This was the 'open plan' version of the Kinmokusei model.

I have 13 prims left and I could keep on moving things around forever, but I have other things I need to do now. I'm sure I'm going to come back tomorrow and realize some things are misaligned or misplaced.

Please let me know if you see problems I can correct.

maskcollectionM.jpg

Some of my mask and art collection.

Nyan Pond.jpg

I always wanted an excuse to buy Maru Kado's Nyan statue.

sakurakitchenclosed.jpg

Kitchen behind a phantom prim with a 'disappear' script.

Kitchen open.

sakurakitchenopen.jpg

Sakurakitchenopen2xcf.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
Had to check spelling.
  • Like 12