The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

2 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I have since changed the house style and I am using the Tortuga. I will have to post new pics soon.

I have missed your pictures. It was you who made me try Newbrooke, and I am sure that you may trick me back to Linden Homes!

Well, not "trick", but INSPIRE me back to Linden Homes! 😂

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A thread in the General Discussion Forum about prims reminded me of how much I use regular prims in decorating. I imagine a lot of people do the same. My little Alderley is a good example.

Naturally, a prim connects my porch to the public path in front of the house, textured from the Trad texture pack.

image.jpeg.e4041786cb42e8d5bb1549c23b02d787.jpeg

The back yard is built around a prim textured with tiles, attached to a mesh path made by Compulsion.

image.jpeg.74456ff3e244224cd035c582a2cfec1d.jpeg

image.jpeg.4114fe8a93488b96ade864f7597b1641.jpeg

I used two hollowed-out boxes around the side window to make a dining alcove in the main room.

image.jpeg.d563900db5fcaa161d836b6a563412cc.jpeg

image.jpeg.6e9fc17d85f226fd58980b558ce37890.jpeg

The second "bedroom" is divided into a small kitchen and bathroom by a few prim walls and a door (from the stilts pack).

image.jpeg.0777d41b17ac2a96f770d07e83020dae.jpeg

image.jpeg.5fd1296897401a9ca25d636bc861788f.jpeg

image.jpeg.3efa37256aa9c60fa7424620e0d478c2.jpeg

No such prim use in the bedroom, but I've included a picture just to be complete.

image.jpeg.65fee3709d363a837920ced8e7fca5d3.jpeg

• Like 24

• 2 weeks later...

A sneak peak into the Victorian Garden in Oleander. ❤️

I am changing it all the time, taking up a prim here, adding one there, stretching a bit, other textures...

I don't add normal and specular maps yet, I don't know what's staying. I will mesh something together as well, and must do all texturing over. But this pool is it no point to join in Blender. It is only a frame and the edge.

The statue is a prev. gacha from Silas Merlin. They are high Li, but I shrink it and link it to a full perm pillar. It is lifted up, and easier to see.

Victorian Garden sneak peak

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 19

58 minutes ago, Stella Carver said:

I finally landed a beach Trad!

BeachHouseTrad_001b.thumb.png.c3cef2bbbc7cdf54fbe30a88b3e8ed08.png

I decided to work on an Alderley after seeing what @Petronilla Whitfield did with hers. I'm still fiddling with it, but I had to sit a moment and contemplate.BeachHouseTrad_037c.thumb.png.825462a145a334e751897ea68838c194.png

wonderful! and congrats! Looks beautyful :)  I love that tree in the first pic, do you mind sharing where you got it? :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I got to show more pictures. I do not include the "boring side" but it has the same boxwood and topiary.

victorian garden_006ed

The side with sitting area, the pond, and another statue hidden behind the willow.

Victorian house in Bellisseria

And the entrance.

The angel statues are mirrored. They are low li and from D'stopian.

So inspiring! What a lovely sanctuary you’ve created 😍

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I got to show more pictures. I do not include the "boring side" but it has the same boxwood and topiary.

victorian garden_006ed

The side with sitting area, the pond, and another statue hidden behind the willow.

And the entrance.

The angel statues are mirrored. They are low li and from D'stopian.

I am always delighted with your gardens, and backyards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Images from the kitchen and bedroom...

I am not sure what the style is. Some modern elements like the kitchen, but then romantic elements like the dining furniture. I like the bedroom wallpaper very much. It adds a nice dark backdrop for the lighter elements.

Interior a Victorian in Bellisseria

Wallpaper sources:

https://pixabay.com/illustrations/dragonfly-wings-insects-bugs-5845157/

https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/beautiful-green-roses-seamless-pattern_35322192.htm#query=seamless&position=45&from_view=author

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

I took some moonlit images of the garden.

A garden by night

Statue from The Silas Gallery, placed on a pedestral linked off a D'stopian statue. A pedestral let me have a statue of a smaller size and lift it above water. Water: Konoha, plants: Landscaping by Felix.

A garden by night

D'stopian statue. Boxwood from Botanical, small white flowers and agapanthus from Konoha. Street lamp Anna Er__ica. Set in o and t.

A garden by night

Plants: Landscaping by Felix, Linden Homes, Botanical, Reid Parkin and HISA.

A garden by night

Boxwood: Botanical, statue of dogs: The Silas Gallery, yellow flowers: Chez Moi, lamps: HISA (Group gift), bird bath and the urns in the shadow: Apple Fall. The stone ground, pond surround and cube stone edges is made by me.

• Like 20

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Images from the kitchen and bedroom...

I am not sure what the style is. Some modern elements like the kitchen, but then romantic elements like the dining furniture. I like the bedroom wallpaper very much. It adds a nice dark backdrop for the lighter elements.

Wallpaper sources:

https://pixabay.com/illustrations/dragonfly-wings-insects-bugs-5845157/

https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/beautiful-green-roses-seamless-pattern_35322192.htm#query=seamless&position=45&from_view=author

The style is called "Marianne Eclectic", of course.  😄

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

The new entryway. The table with all on it is 3 Li. I am shaving off land impact. I have saved many Li on the small changes I have done. Not only here, but on the other side of the door. The Truss console is lightweight, the lamp is in one part and does not have an added lightbulb. The frames are linked together and one object. (Backbone, Minimal entryway set)

New Entryway

The panel is a full permission texture I bought it is 2010 and it is from Insight Designs. I found out that it was a bit dingy, so I saved it to computer, sharpened it, brightened it up and made a normal map for it. I did not bother with a specular layer...

No need for Gimp or Photoshop. Just drag and drop, the map generator does the rest. Tweak it and adjust it a bit by pulling the sliders when the generator show you the map. Old textures get new life.

https://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/

I look for free images, and get new art for the upload price.

https://unsplash.com/photos/wvYdfoWPaQM

https://unsplash.com/photos/H68w9ML9PaM

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4