Jump to content

The Linden Homes Photo Thread


Patch Linden

Recommended Posts

I got this abandon in several months ago and have been decorating, undecorating, changing things around, trying on add-ons.  Trads are my least favorite home style because everything seems so cookie cutter and manicured.  Then I caught this.  The only way to get to it is climbing some switchbacks and stairs.  It has no square hedges.  I had to add fences and bushes to save myself from walking off the cliffs.  I think I managed to make the parcel fairly wild looking and made use of the cliffs for a waterfall.  It's hard to get a good photo because the sight lines are really tight.  This parcel changed my mind about this house style.

fantasee1_004.thumb.png.cbe00d1edd64bde9c5e58104aa8da478.png

fantasee1_003.thumb.png.90711702f704c3f4ae95672db7a1aaa3.png

  • Like 25
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I got this abandon in several months ago and have been decorating, undecorating, changing things around, trying on add-ons.  Trads are my least favorite home style because everything seems so cookie cutter and manicured.  Then I caught this.  The only way to get to it is climbing some switchbacks and stairs.  It has no square hedges.  I had to add fences and bushes to save myself from walking off the cliffs.  I think I managed to make the parcel fairly wild looking and made use of the cliffs for a waterfall.  It's hard to get a good photo because the sight lines are really tight.  This parcel changed my mind about this house style.

 

 

Absolutely love it, that is the keeper style home!

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

We went on a Mudskipper trip tonight!  Starting from our stilt in Coral Cottage (the white circle), we traveled North via road over many many bridges, all the way to the chalets. Eventually, we returned and were able to park back at home, without re-rezzing our SUV once!

341599782_stilttrip1.thumb.JPG.3f2d8ae26519d5284939ba069b5815cd.JPG

Right after crossing into the chalets, we struck out eastward, easy driving over the new, unbuilt regions on Bellevaria's southern coast.  We briefly went slightly inland onto roads at the elbow where the coast turns north.

 IRL, I am currently re-reading Woolf's To The Lighthouse, so when we reached SSPE2244 we plunged into the water SPLOOSH and went exploring.

1570532492_Tothelighthouse.thumb.jpg.acb62234d1170bdf513db29d937f51d6.jpg

We'll have to go back with scuba gear to explore the coral garden.

1880992646_coralgarden.thumb.jpg.117fe1f91a4c1efbfb1362b7d3e2cda0.jpg

We stayed in the water and went halfway up the coast, then picked up the canal at Sweet Clarabelle and crossed to the central riverway.  Cruising at 100% speed, it did not take long to zip south down the wide river (the river through the stilts would be an amazing sail, it's so wide that fewer tacks/jibs would be needed than you would think, given the zigzag path.)

1098979075_chaletparttrip1.thumb.JPG.e694087103a7f2eafe87aecc3c9ad90d.JPG

It was a long trip, taking well over an hour.  We took a few spins on the merry-go-round to relax after :)

MerryGoRound1.thumb.jpg.d2054ab0c6bc4e2bd65bda64c57001c7.jpg

 

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kenneth Hall is now open!

We have some seasonal exhibits including a "weird" haunted homes type show of my original photos in the lecture theatre along with seance in the parlour, (good company as shown), and gloomy stuff in the hall of statues to listen to.

There are also some free gifts in the foyer as well as a cat which will dispense one extra gift. There is a full archery range out back please take some instructions from the board. Play against yourself or others. Finally - great sunrise over the sea from the terrace. 

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kenneth/124/232/0

Kenneth1.jpg

kenneth3.jpg

Edited by Chloe Bunny
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 7:25 PM, alex Alas said:

Hey folks! I was recently lucky enough to get a Victorian home with a river directly behind me and the ocean in front. Not quite finished putting the finishing touches yet - but I'd like to show you some photos! 

001.thumb.jpg.5f49cbe907a3b91a22ae5270c0b9923a.jpg002.thumb.jpg.cf43b6c06b0dccb7299050cf2425d7d3.jpg003.thumb.jpg.cfe0ac660621494775ef58756fcd7703.jpg004.thumb.jpg.04d2b2b89976f15ea5bbbeccad655672.jpg005.thumb.jpg.c32b72b5700f5fb9d3556333bf27a303.jpg006.thumb.jpg.2775b250e0a89ebad92684eb3150ecda.jpg007.thumb.jpg.639c316a7e478750dee9029fbf1a79ad.jpg

I think my favorite part of all this is the constellation rug!  How cool is that! 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just returned to Belli this evening, as I treated myself to premium membership for the cold and rainy months to come. To stay in theme, I went for a Log Home. Not expecting much, I tossed my hat into the ring and got this beauty in Kiura! A wide "driveway" up to my parcel, a small pond on the other side of the road and a little river in my backyard.

 

Snapshot_169.png

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've also returned to Bellisseria, I elected for my birthday to get a year of premium membership.  I decided to go with the fantasy setting, it is not quite on the water but there is a little stream on the side of my home which I can get to other water from, and also, most importantly - fish from 🥰

 

Snapshot_082.thumb.png.e79248f974458af07225634e4546ca8a.png

 

Here is a picture in the back of my yard, I really like how so many of the houses here have access to the water 🙃

Snapshot_083.thumb.png.67427d15a26808f0bf30604852b9540a.png

I'm not sure how I will furnish it, I want to keep with a fantasy theme but don't want to spend a fortune. I think I will just furnish it as I find lower priced fantasy themed objects, I have a year to do so 😊 I also have setup a rezbox in the sky, where I have another home that will rez when I teleport there and derez while I am gone so I don't have to worry about my LI being chewed up too badly.

 

It is nice having access to some of the premium features again, and am looking forward to the 300L a week, plus having access to the sandboxes.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2021 at 5:07 PM, Istelathis said:

I've also returned to Bellisseria, I elected for my birthday to get a year of premium membership.  I decided to go with the fantasy setting, it is not quite on the water but there is a little stream on the side of my home which I can get to other water from, and also, most importantly - fish from 🥰

 

Snapshot_082.thumb.png.e79248f974458af07225634e4546ca8a.png

 

Here is a picture in the back of my yard, I really like how so many of the houses here have access to the water 🙃

Snapshot_083.thumb.png.67427d15a26808f0bf30604852b9540a.png

I'm not sure how I will furnish it, I want to keep with a fantasy theme but don't want to spend a fortune. I think I will just furnish it as I find lower priced fantasy themed objects, I have a year to do so 😊 I also have setup a rezbox in the sky, where I have another home that will rez when I teleport there and derez while I am gone so I don't have to worry about my LI being chewed up too badly.

 

It is nice having access to some of the premium features again, and am looking forward to the 300L a week, plus having access to the sandboxes.

Welcome back to Bellisseria.  And you got a lovely Fantasy home congrats!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2021 at 1:25 AM, alex Alas said:

Hey folks! I was recently lucky enough to get a Victorian home with a river directly behind me and the ocean in front. Not quite finished putting the finishing touches yet - but I'd like to show you some photos! 

006.thumb.jpg.2775b250e0a89ebad92684eb3150ecda.jpg

My RL home is Victorian and I put this exact purple shade on the hallway walls many moons ago - it's called "Addiction"!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...