The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

10 minutes ago, Loretta String said:

Christmas is coming and while I haven't done it in RL yet, I decorated my beach house already.....

Have you decorated for Christmas too ? Would love to see photos of your house :)

Love it!

My non Linden home sort of decorated - Linden home has a tree up at least! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I spent most of 2021 in a stilt house and/or a log home. I abandoned them both a couple of months ago. I am now back, and this time I rolled on trads and finally found one that checked most my wants boxes; grassy, water view of some sort, charming location, nice setback off the road and nice mole landscaping (I do not want much).

I added some Christmas lights on the outside since taking these pics.

trad-house.jpg

trad-house-2.jpg

trad-house-3.jpg

trad-house-4.jpg

trad-house-5.jpg

Edited by Mercedes Avon
typos as always!!!
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I spent most of 2021 in a stilt house and/or a log home. I abandoned them both a couple of months ago. I am now back, and this time I rolled on trads and finally found one that checked most my wants boxes; grassy, water view of some sort, charming location, nice setback off the road and nice mole landscaping (I do not want much).

I added some Christmas lights on the outside since taking these pics.

trad-house.jpg

trad-house-2.jpg

trad-house-3.jpg

trad-house-4.jpg

trad-house-5.jpg

I love this!  The dark ceiling and the muted tones are lovely and I prefer natural textures items like wood, leather and metals.  I love that the yard is partly manicured and partly wild looking.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2021 at 12:17 PM, Loretta String said:

Christmas is coming and while I haven't done it in RL yet, I decorated my beach house already.....

Have you decorated for Christmas too ? Would love to see photos of your house :)

Pantelleria Xmas FB 17.jpg

Pantelleria Xmas FB 10.jpg

Pantelleria Xmas FB 9.jpg

Antoher impressive work, thank you Loretta! New ideas we can steal get inspiration from!

I love how you've managed to have a Christmas theme in a beachy area

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2021 at 3:53 PM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I got this abandon in several months ago and have been decorating, undecorating, changing things around, trying on add-ons.  Trads are my least favorite home style because everything seems so cookie cutter and manicured.  Then I caught this.  The only way to get to it is climbing some switchbacks and stairs.  It has no square hedges.  I had to add fences and bushes to save myself from walking off the cliffs.  I think I managed to make the parcel fairly wild looking and made use of the cliffs for a waterfall.  It's hard to get a good photo because the sight lines are really tight.  This parcel changed my mind about this house style.

fantasee1_004.thumb.png.cbe00d1edd64bde9c5e58104aa8da478.png

fantasee1_003.thumb.png.90711702f704c3f4ae95672db7a1aaa3.png

I used to have it many moons ago... it is a very neat and unique spot!

• Like 1

Flycan loves to sit on the turtle's outstretched head and doze while watching the fetid waters of Snapper's Cove (as I like to call SSPE2754).  The region is well worth a visit, tho one must be careful not to be whisked away to more lovely environs on the other side of the continent, or to be caught in the swamp's spongy ground (horses really are not very bright).  There is no interior waterway that connects to it, but there is a rez zone near the turtle's tail, so however you arrive, you can boat away via Fantasseria's encircling waters.

I must say I think the region calls for a noxious mist.  Perhaps the Noxious Mist Fairy has yet to visit.

dusk_007.thumb.jpg.ff3d37d0012af4d1afc8b9148aba785c.jpg

• Like 9

So I rolled for a chalet. I haven't figured out how to landscape the front and back yard yet.

chalet_front.thumb.jpg.95d8c48172eba1f84449412d70e1c094.jpg

I've put in a recording studio.

studio01.thumb.jpg.e8367bc9c0205995c0d60a2486a5b71e.jpg

studio02.thumb.jpg.31dff8d9ccde66cc9fa9cb3fd3ada236.jpg

I am such a sucker for Apple Fall sales.

chalet_bedroom.thumb.jpg.a0545a5351b409b4f3c4176b37d5876c.jpg

The living room:

livingroom.thumb.jpg.65d3fe01d5680675b3ab5282ce22d381.jpg

The kitchen: 

kitchen.thumb.jpg.018f4613bdbb6e160a6b7e4fb552f8b7.jpg

I was left with one room upstairs that I had no idea what to do with, so it became a dance studio.

dancestudio.thumb.jpg.55e90f235d6881a2950b3de1800f2b4e.jpg

My house is open to all, no security orbs here. Feel free to drop by. Help yourselves to coffee and snacks in the kitchen. Make fun of my decor sense: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Klister/75/133/28

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 12

8 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

So I rolled for a chalet. I haven't figured out how to landscape the front and back yard yet.

chalet_front.thumb.jpg.95d8c48172eba1f84449412d70e1c094.jpg

I've put in a recording studio.

studio01.thumb.jpg.e8367bc9c0205995c0d60a2486a5b71e.jpg

studio02.thumb.jpg.31dff8d9ccde66cc9fa9cb3fd3ada236.jpg

I am such a sucker for Apple Fall sales.

chalet_bedroom.thumb.jpg.a0545a5351b409b4f3c4176b37d5876c.jpg

The living room:

livingroom.thumb.jpg.65d3fe01d5680675b3ab5282ce22d381.jpg

The kitchen: 

kitchen.thumb.jpg.018f4613bdbb6e160a6b7e4fb552f8b7.jpg

I was left with one room upstairs that I had no idea what to do with, so it became a dance studio.

dancestudio.thumb.jpg.55e90f235d6881a2950b3de1800f2b4e.jpg

My house is open to all, no security orbs here. Feel free to drop by. Help yourselves to coffee and snacks in the kitchen. Make fun of my decor sense: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Klister/75/133/28

Love the recording studio you put together

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, KatHeartsong Kaos said:

Yay! Patch is moving again... brick & plaster, wood deck- let the speculation begin!  

Moving.... again!

Is that a door or a floor to ceiling window?  It has to be a door, right?  Nice, smooth, modern looking brickwork. Wide molding along the ceiling. Exciting! I didn't see a Linden Home tag though.  Maybe I missed it.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Is that a door or a floor to ceiling window?  It has to be a door, right?  Nice, smooth, modern looking brickwork. Wide molding along the ceiling. Exciting! I didn't see a Linden Home tag though.  Maybe I missed it.

It's there! And looking at the image closely, that's a window!

patch.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

This looks like a classic Patch teaser for a new theme! And that image screams modern to me! This will make some people here very happy:)

I'm trying to make out what that is in the right of the window - looks like a coule of small bushes in the distance through maybe a shuttered style window...not sure...I think all will be revealed at the Expo.. Soon!

EDIT- clues:  in addition to what's already been posted, they are in modern clothes and that window frame is metal - you can see the wear on the edges. I'll be so surprised if it isn't modern...

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

And looking at the image closely, that's a window!

I think it's a door.  Look at the previous Halloween hint - same big glass panel with 2 lights at the side, and a welcome mat.  I think in this recent pic, they're standing outside the door on pavement, instead of on a deck as in the Halloween pic.  Neither picture shows a door handle/latch, tho!

Peeking below Patch's left hand in the most recent pic, I think I see a door on the other side of the room, and through that glass I see a broad-slatted fence or railing - perhaps a porch/patio railing?  And a couple of little round evergreens very similar to the ones they used with trads, and a white flowering bush.  Maybe.  Not much to go on, lol!

Previous Halloween hint:

Trick or Treat?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

I think it's a door.  Look at the previous Halloween hint - same big glass panel with 2 lights at the side, and a welcome mat.  I think in this recent pic, they're standing outside the door on pavement, instead of on a deck as in the Halloween pic.  Neither picture shows a door handle/latch, tho!

Peeking below Patch's left hand in the most recent pic, I think I see a door on the other side of the room, and through that glass I see a broad-slatted fence or railing - perhaps a porch/patio railing?  And a couple of little round evergreens very similar to the ones they used with trads, and a white flowering bush.  Maybe.  Not much to go on, lol!

Previous Halloween hint:

Trick or Treat?

I questioned it because I didn't see a seam where it would open or a doorknob.  Maybe its auto open.  Just wave your hand or walk close and it automatically slides open Star Trek style 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I questioned it because I didn't see a seam where it would open or a doorknob.  Maybe its auto open.  Just wave your hand or walk close and it automatically slides open Star Trek style 😄

Yes! No hinges, no handles, no seams - so I'm sticking with window in the latest photo!

• Like 1