What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I’ve decided you fibbed in this post. But because of that, I can’t trust your posts anymore. Sorry, but it’s you, not me.

The Renaissance poet Sir Philip Sidney argued, in opposition to Plato's accusation that artists spread falsehoods, that "for the poet, he nothing affirms, and therefore never lies."

As I'm being ironic all of the time, I'm clearly not pretending to tell the truth, and therefore can hardly be accused of lying.

19 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I re-discovered another pet peeve today, and reminded myself why I never do them... HUNTS.

Hate, hate with a passion.

Just show me a vendor where I can actually pay for the items I want, tyvm.

Same. The prize is seldom worth the headache I get trying to locate it. 

52 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Probably because someone evoked a particularly grotesque meme! 😏

Was it me?! I don't remember what I posted now... it's been, like, two hours ago. I really can't be expected to remember that far back...

Pet peeve: Becoming increasingly forgetful the older I get.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

Was it me?! I don't remember what I posted now... it's been, like, two hours ago. I really can't be expected to remember that far back...

Not you, Beth. The malefactor has already owned up to his hideous crime against humanity and good taste here in this thread.

And is labouring under a Scylla-inflicted headache as retribution.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Especially after I ignore someone for “sarcasm”. What?!

Does this mean I have another mess to cleanup after you? I keep telling you, even gown up lions use a sandbox. It just happens to be much larger than your standard kid sized litterbox... I mean sandbox.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You're too young to worry about such things.  I have more than 20 years on you and I'm not starting to worry yet (although age is a convenient excuse sometimes).  Blame forgetfulness on distractions instead.  Everyone empathizes with distractions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:
20 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You're too young to worry about such things.  I have more than 20 years on you and I'm not starting to worry yet (although age is a convenient excuse sometimes).  Blame forgetfulness on distractions instead.  Everyone empathizes with distractions.

When Dad began showing signs of Alzheimer's, it was pretty tough. He recognized what has happening and was deeply troubled by it. Eventually it progressed to the point he know longer knew what he'd lost and he was happy in the moment. Mom and I had to choose to let go of the past in order to be happy in the moment with him. Now, I mine Dad's past for stories to share with others.

I intended my comment to Beth to be both humorous and true.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

When Dad began showing signs of Alzheimer's, it was pretty tough. He recognized what has happening and was deeply troubled by it. Eventually it progressed to the point he know longer knew what he'd lost and he was happy in the moment. Mom and I had to choose to let go of the past in order to be happy in the moment with him. Now, I mine Dad's past for stories to share with others.

I intended my comment to Beth to be both humorous and true.

There is no good way, necessarily, to grow old and pass on, but I am so thankful that neither of my folks had Alzheimer's. It was hard enough already... I can't even imagine the pain he, and you, and your entire family felt.  ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

There is no good way, necessarily, to grow old and pass on, but I am so thankful that neither of my folks had Alzheimer's. It was hard enough already... I can't even imagine the pain he, and you, and your entire family felt.  ❤️

We got through it a lot better than some, or maybe even most. Dad was never belligerent, which happens to some with Alzheimer's. What may have saved us all is that he'd always nurtured his silly little inner child. As he drifted back through his life, that stayed intact. Mom is now dealing with the aftermath of a stroke. She also knows what she's lost, and she's not going to forget it. Still, she's generally in good cheer and now happily tells others what she's been silently thinking of me her entire life.

"That's my daughter. She's a pain in the ass and her cooking stinks."

ETA: I just realized - Not only have I discovered a pet peeve, I've become one!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.