What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, roseelvira said:

could part of the group fee to join is to offset the cost of the land if the shop has land or a sim sim??? Also the contribution   thinggy that i am still not clear ,,, some have like a balance and next stipen  still confused about that

Hi Rose!  Those are two very different things.  A group join fee is a one-time charge to join the group.  The "contribution" shown in the group's Land & $ tab is voluntary.  If the group owns land, AND your group role allows you to contribute, you can donate spare tier (if you're a Premium member) to the group, to help cover the cost of the land.  Some not-for-profit groups, like The Forum Cartel, rely on member donations of tier to support their in-world Hangout.  I'm not aware of any store groups that ask group members to donate tier.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh I just have one pet peeve. I really can't stand people who are annoyed by either of the following: empty profiles, 'unreadable' fonts, unmatching body parts, flexi prims, AO-less avis, jazz hands,

DJs/hosts teleport inviting their "friends"

I'm not apportioning blame for what's been going on in this forum recently, because that's one thing that appears to start a thread on its downward spiral. Like many of us here - I am absolutely

Posted Images

chasing Beth around the room with hugs and freshly made stuffed shells  and salad and chocolate moussee ,,,,,  and wine in the corner

Oh, like I'm going to run from that! Chances are I'd be chasing you around trying to get that mousse! ❤️

• Like 1

ok ,,,,, can we stay on topic ,,,, we already went through this on another post  and its a new day and move  on  , do not take the hook it is bad for everyones health on evey level ,,, giving candy and mousse and food and  icecream to everyone ,,, holding the wine back  untill every thing cool

4 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Oh.  I see you cleverly forgot to copy the part I posted just like I cleverly forgot to post the part you copied.

I always remove the photos. Why make a thread longer to scroll through than it already is by reposting things that are already posted?

I can assure you it wasn't an attempt at... whatever it is you're insinuating. 

hey all  can we just give each other a hug and some love and be thankful for the blessings we have,  come on chasing all of you with huggies  ,,,, you gals are awsome  and hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs  handing out chocolate ,,,,

• Like 1

hey all  can we just give each other a hug and some love and be thankful for the blessings we have,  come on chasing all of you with huggies  ,,,, you gals are awsome  and hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs  handing out chocolate ,,,,

You know I love you to the moon and back, but sometimes we have to debate things, and sometimes it can get a little heated... and for some of us, it can even be fun sometimes. It's how we learn, and how we are able to see the other side of arguments, and yes, maybe even change our own minds a little. 

This particular subject is one that I'm passionate about, and one I can't bring myself to back down on for very personal reasons. It doesn't mean I wish any ill will on anyone else, though. A good debate can often be beneficial, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for anyone who is able to debate a topic without it getting intensely personal to the point two people walk away despising each other. ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

we all just need to watch out for the hooks   we all love each other so letting the hooks  distract us from the topic  and setting off triggers how silly are we to allow that :SwingingFriends: be wise and see   the path of love understand  or staying stuck  ,,,, wishing below deck was on instead of the million dollar listing ,,,, so watching riidilious  ,,, i wish my spell check would come back from vacation

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

A good debate can often be beneficial, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for anyone who is able to debate a topic without it getting intensely personal to the point two people walk away despising each other. 

Besides, there are more important things to talk about.

Like Hockey pre-season that's starting.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

october fest is comming ,,,,

Oktoberfest is happening! And I'm missing it tonight because they had the unmitigated gall to have it the same weekend as my 50th birthday, and I'm peeved that I'm going to miss it because I'll be getting drunk elsewhere!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Syo Emerald said:

all the fall decoration is nice and I like Halloween.

I have already started putting things out around my SL house.  It's hard to find decorations that look like decorations.  If I wanted to turn my home into a mausoleum in the middle of a cemetery complete with roaming zombies that would be easy to find.  What I want are paper skeletons and witches that look like decorations.  That sort of stuff.  Middle class suburbia type things for the Belisaria house.

Maybe more will come out when it actually gets into October.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Oktoberfest is happening! And I'm missing it tonight because they had the unmitigated gall to have it the same weekend as my 50th birthday, and I'm peeved that I'm going to miss it because I'll be getting drunk elsewhere!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY young one.  Hope it is a blast for you!!!

Tonight is our annual fall party in RL, so I'm missing out on all sorts of RL and SL stuff today and this evening.

Given my anxiety around large crowds and the fact that, as hostess, I am expected to converse with pretty much everyone that walks through the door, tonight will be challenging to say the least.  Thank goodness my husband, the very outgoing one, is happy with only doing this once a year.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I have already started putting things out around my SL house.  It's hard to find decorations that look like decorations.  If I wanted to turn my home into a mausoleum in the middle of a cemetery complete with roaming zombies that would be easy to find.  What I want are paper skeletons and witches that look like decorations.  That sort of stuff.  Middle class suburbia type things for the Belisaria house.

Maybe more will come out when it actually gets into October.

I hope we get some pictures in the home and garden thread once you're done. Maybe search for Halloween decoration + whatever you specifically need. Maybe this filters out the "real stuff"?

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY young one.  Hope it is a blast for you!!!

Thank you! It's actually tomorrow but my family is in town tonight to celebrate. 

Being introverted as hell, the booze is what's going to get me through being surrounded by so many people for an extended period of time!

• Like 2
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.