What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, thanks for that.

You realize that now I have to go look?

How could you have missed it? You must be better at ignoring persistent threads than I am. I keep opening the dang thing, then being disappointed.

• Like 1

Another thing that starts to annoy me more each time I encounter it

Fat Pack exclusives!

Just put everything you have for sale, let me decide if I want to buy a plain color, or a fancy pattern, or maybe two different ones. And if I want more than one, I can consider going for a fatpack. But don't try to force people into fatpacks by making the nicer looking ones exclusive to fatpacks.

I understand, its their product, their decision. I just find it a very high "screw you customer!" level.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

How could you have missed it? You must be better at ignoring persistent threads than I am. I keep opening the dang thing, then being disappointed.

Well, almost immediately I ran across Qie's post there noting that LEA is being closed down.

Damn.

Wish I hadn't opened the bloody thing.

• Sad 3

Just now, Zeta Vandyke said:

Fat Pack exclusives!

Just put everything you have for sale, let me decide if I want to buy a plain color, or a fancy pattern, or maybe two different ones. And if I want more than one, I can consider going for a fatpack. But don't try to force people into fatpacks by making the nicer looking ones exclusive to fatpacks.

I understand, its their product, their decision. I just find it a very high "screw you customer!" level.

I once made the mistake of mentioning this in the support group for a certain fruit-based fashion line; once. I guess it's easy to continue shouting "screw you customer!" when you have a legion of rabid brown-nosers willing to chase off any heathen apostates who dare besmirch the name of the holy one.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I once made the mistake of mentioning this in the support group for a certain fruit-based fashion line; once. I guess it's easy to continue shouting "screw you customer!" when you have a legion of rabid brown-nosers willing to chase off any heathen apostates who dare besmirch the name of the holy one.

hah yeah never use the support groups for anything even hinting at negative. You will get a whole lot of poo for that.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Pretty much everything going on in this thread.

• "Someone else should pay for this thing I enjoy; because my self interests matter but no one else's do!"
  • "My thing deserves special treatment because it's better than yours!"
  • "I had no part in the creation of this thing but I'm going to act like it's mine and get hyper-defensive towards it!"
  • "I'm going to reply to every single post in this thread with an inane non-statement because I'm important!"
  • "Valid criticism surely can't be real, you must be slinging mud! Haters!"
  • "This is art; and I appreciate this art because I'm a better person than you!"
  • "You're only allowed to discuss the things I want with the positive opinions that I allow, or you're off topic!"
  • "Have you heard of this thing called 'posting multiple photos in one post'? Yeah me neither!"

Like... jeez. I feel like I need to wash my hands just from reading that trainwreck of a thread.

Oh I haven't bothered reading that one because the title didn't interest me. Now I have to look! xD

When my fav skins group started to make new omega appliers, renewed skin tones, and most of new skins make me look like a person, who didn't have a shower for a couple of months) also owner of this store bans mods from another popular skins store: P

• Like 1

I think my biggest pet peeve, is when someone is a hypocrite. Like I was recently in this discussion with people on Facebook. Where before they were defending the actor who is gonna play Ariel, but then weeks later. They are being sexist, and saying that Scarlett Johansson can't play a trans man, cause she is a woman. Like if you say don't discriminate against someone, based on the colour of their skin. Then don't go and discriminate someone, on the basis of gender. I know some might disagree, but to me it's hypocrisy and discrimination is discrimination.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Fat Pack exclusives!

Thing is...the patterns are the one you really want because how many Roygbiv rompers and leggings can you buy? 

A couple of creators do pattern only fatpacks....which I’m more than happy to buy. I just wish that trend catches on.

Paying 1200 for basic colors plus three patterns? CANCELED!

7 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Thing is...the patterns are the one you really want because how many Roygbiv rompers and leggings can you buy? 

A couple of creators do pattern only fatpacks....which I’m more than happy to buy. I just wish that trend catches on.

Paying 1200 for basic colors plus three patterns? CANCELED!

I honestly just wish they would sell Patterns, designs and graphics as singles. Like to me, I just don't want to be paying 1299 for 40 plus colours, patterns and designs and only wear 1 or 2 what's in the fatpack.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:

I honestly just wish they would sell Patterns, designs and graphics as singles. Like to me, I just don't want to be paying 1299 for 40 plus colours, patterns and designs and only wear 1 or 2 what's in the fatpack.

Right! I’ll settle for a fat pack of patterns though. But you’re right single patterns would be ideal. I pass up a lot of stuff because of the fat pack exclusive thing.

Just now, janetosilio said:

Right! I’ll settle for a fat pack of patterns though. But you’re right single patterns would be ideal. I pass up a lot of stuff because of the fat pack exclusive thing.

There are some companies, that I will buy the fatpack. But usually, I will past it up. As I think they could have just taken the extra time, to put the work in and actually release these patterns or whatever as singles.

3 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

There are some companies, that I will buy the fatpack. But usually, I will past it up. As I think they could have just taken the extra time, to put the work in and actually release these patterns or whatever as singles.

No, see, that’s why it’s annoying! They have the uuid, they already took the picture for the vendor. It really wouldn’t hurt to just sell it separately. 90% of the work is already done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

No, see, that’s why it’s annoying! They have the uuid, they already took the picture for the vendor. It really wouldn’t hurt to just sell it separately. 90% of the work is already done.

They have the textures, they can just pop it on the shirt and sell it individually. I totally agree with you.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I bet they’d actually make more money this way. I never buy those types of  fatpacks, or the single plain colors, no matter how cute the item may be. Partly out of spite. I’m petty like that, and doubt I’m the only one. I would buy all of the cute patterns, though, if I could buy them separately.  I do like and purchase the pattern only packs.

There is one creator I can think of that offers lots of patterns and single colors and then adds additional patterns in the fatpack. I buy those, because I love everything coming out of that store. It’s more of a bonus rather than hiding the good stuff in the FP.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

I bet they’d actually make more money this way. I never buy those types of  fatpacks, or the single plain colors, no matter how cute the item may be. Partly out of spite. I’m petty like that, and doubt I’m the only one. I would buy all of the cute patterns, though, if I could buy them separately.  I do like and purchase the pattern only packs.

There is one creator I can think of that offers lots of patterns and single colors and then adds additional patterns in the fatpack. I buy those, because I love everything coming out of that store. It’s more of a bonus rather than hiding the good stuff in the FP.

It just seems like a way to pinch every linden out of you, when they put your favourite design, colour, pattern or graphic into a fatpack. And that practice, I really don't agree with. There is one store, that I will always buy from. As she puts her plain and design/pattern/graphic into that specific colour. So you will say buy a black shirt, but instead of buying just a plain black shirt. She will put the graphics that go with that black shirt, in the single. And at 250 per single, you are getting that for a steal. That is 2 or more shirts, with one colour. For the price of one.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

I bet they’d actually make more money this way. I never buy those types of  fatpacks, or the single plain colors, no matter how cute the item may be. Partly out of spite. I’m petty like that, and doubt I’m the only one. 

You’re not petty, I do it too. I think it’s actually more petty that someone hides like three patterns behind a paywall. 

I think they would probably sell more if they did a pattern pack too. It falls into the “is it 1299, nice? Nah....” 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Pretty much everything going on in this thread.

• "Someone else should pay for this thing I enjoy; because my self interests matter but no one else's do!"
  • "My thing deserves special treatment because it's better than yours!"
  • "I had no part in the creation of this thing but I'm going to act like it's mine and get hyper-defensive towards it!"
  • "I'm going to reply to every single post in this thread with an inane non-statement because I'm important!"
  • "Valid criticism surely can't be real, you must be slinging mud! Haters!"
  • "This is art; and I appreciate this art because I'm a better person than you!"
  • "You're only allowed to discuss the things I want with the positive opinions that I allow, or you're off topic!"
  • "Have you heard of this thing called 'posting multiple photos in one post'? Yeah me neither!"

Like... jeez. I feel like I need to wash my hands just from reading that trainwreck of a thread.

Agreed. I never heard of that sim before, so I went in and had a look - it's nice, and it's a shame it might be going out of business. But the entitled whining of its supporters and the (from the little I've read, some of which might be plain hearsay) creator, makes me almost want to watch it burn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay, another one of my pet peeves. It's when shape designers charge so much for a shape, when all you did was tweak some sliders, uploaded an ad photo, and then that's it. And please don't get me started with the style card, if you already owned it. Why is it as the consumers responsibility, to compensate you for what you are wearing, your skin and your hair?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Okay, another one of my pet peeves. It's when shape designers charge so much for a shape, when all you did was tweak some sliders, uploaded an ad photo, and then that's it. And please don't get me started with the style card, if you already owned it. Why is it as the consumers responsibility, to compensate you for what you are wearing, your skin and your hair?

Creators (and bloggers) who refuse to tell you what <insert accessory/apparel> is used in the advert, and chastise you for having the audacity to waste their time asking questions not related to their own products. Especially bloggers who say that "I didn't list that item in the credits, because they didn't sponsor me - I only include my sponsors' products in the credits". Fair do's, no point following you then, huh? Huh?! Bloody brats.

• Like 3

Just now, Orwar said:

Creators (and bloggers) who refuse to tell you what <insert accessory/apparel> is used in the advert, and chastise you for having the audacity to waste their time asking questions not related to their own products. Especially bloggers who say that "I didn't list that item in the credits, because they didn't sponsor me - I only include my sponsors' products in the credits". Fair do's, no point following you then, huh? Huh?! Bloody brats.

Oh my god, it drives me insane with bloggers. Like there is one, that only posts his sponsors. I don't mind asking, but it's your job to credit everything you are wearing.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Orwar said:

THIS. Grrrr.

ETA apparently I’m easily annoyed today. I’m also a couple posts away from 500. 🎉

Edited by Eva Knoller
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.