Jump to content
IvyLarae

What are some of your pet peeves?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

How could you have missed it? You must be better at ignoring persistent threads than I am. I keep opening the dang thing, then being disappointed.

Haven't been there yet and trying really hard to stay out of it.  image.png.bcea8e4c3fed3a3f9b201682997279ff.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well then they're not bloggers, they're advertisers and should be honest about it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chronic edgelords need to grow the h*ck up.

Example; I was at a shopping event earlier when a guy TP'd in. And... oh boy. Demon eyes, mini horns, pentagram tattoo'd onto his forehead; skulls and demons tattoo'd across every other visible inch of skin; more hand bling than your average gold digger WAG, most of it spiked; sleeveless biker jacket over a tee, both covered in skulls and demons and spikes; meaningless symbol display name with the system surname "Darkfold"; and he had some spooky voice spout some garbage followed by the shout-chant from 300 play when he landed.

If your vibe is "I chug pints of razor blades on the daily"; please reconsider your life choices.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Chronic edgelords need to grow the h*ck up.

Example; I was at a shopping event earlier when a guy TP'd in. And... oh boy. Demon eyes, mini horns, pentagram tattoo'd onto his forehead; skulls and demons tattoo'd across every other visible inch of skin; more hand bling than your average gold digger WAG, most of it spiked; sleeveless biker jacket over a tee, both covered in skulls and demons and spikes; meaningless symbol display name with the system surname "Darkfold"; and he had some spooky voice spout some garbage followed by the shout-chant from 300 play when he landed.

If your vibe is "I chug pints of razor blades on the daily"; please reconsider your life choices.

Surely that’s the beauty of second life though. You can be anything you want to be. A few years back curiosity got the better of me and I went on an explore through the entirety (or as much as I could find) of the adult side of SL. And whether it was girls being trained as pony’s right through to latex clad pig human futa overweight hybrids with a c**k the size of a small bus, spinning spiral textures over the nipples and pulling 6 naked male slaves behind them...I saw it all. It made me appreciate just how diverse SL actually is.

Edited by ItHadToComeToThis
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

pig human futa overweight hybrids with a c**k the size of a small bus, spinning spiral textures over the nipples and pulling 6 naked male slaves behind them

lulwhut?

Pix, or it didn't happen.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

he had some spooky voice spout some garbage followed by the shout-chant from 300 play when he landed.

That just says to me that, like them, he goes into battle wearing nothing but a cape and a pair of Y fronts, and therefore deserves everything he gets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

lulwhut?

Pix, or it didn't happen.

I did have some, but il have to see if they are still floating around somewhere. I think they are on an old gyazo, leave it with me till I finish work and il look

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Surely that’s the beauty of second life though. You can be anything you want to be. A few years back curiosity got the better of me and I went on an explore through the entirety (or as much as I could find) of the adult side of SL. And whether it was girls being trained as pony’s right through to latex clad pig human futa overweight hybrids with a c**k the size of a small bus, spinning spiral textures over the nipples and pulling 6 naked male slaves behind them...I saw it all. It made me appreciate just how diverse SL actually is.

Of course! People can be anything they want to be.

That also means that I can stand next to them holding a sign that says "make sure you wear your safety gloves, so you don't cut yourself on all that edge" :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Come closer" was the one that really got me yesterday.....

What??????

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

"Come closer" was the one that really got me yesterday.....

What??????

 you can say OKAY and send this

ahcteGT.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

That just says to me that, like them, he goes into battle wearing nothing but a cape and a pair of Y fronts, and therefore deserves everything he gets.

So far as I'm concerned, anyone referencing that gawd awful POS movie deserves an immediate shoot-first-and-why-would-I-even-bother-asking-questions block and derender.

Except that it's more fun to mock them mercilessly in public chat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Minny124 said:

 you can say OKAY and send this

ahcteGT.jpg

I once got "Come over here" from a guy who up to that point had been quite reasonable.

He had to be "recalibrated" ……… it's what I do sometimes!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gachas where almost everything is a rare except for the one or two most boring, blandest things in the universe you know no one plays the damn thing for. I'll pass, and that says something.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Gachas where almost everything is a rare except for the one or two most boring, blandest things in the universe you know no one plays the damn thing for. I'll pass, and that says something.

Or those where half the outfit is common but the core components are rare. They're infuriating.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Or those where half the outfit is common but the core components are rare. They're infuriating.

Or where the outfit is so specific, that you can't just play once, because a single common item is nothing without the rest. This typically applies to all kinds of fantasy/non-everyday-wear outfits presented as gachas. And then they also throw 3 colour variants into the mix, so you would need to play even more to get a working outfit out of it, because you end up getting 3 different variations of gloves. (And of course the essential corset/bodysuit/pair of wings etc. is the rare or ultrarare and the only common stuff is like the accesories, gloves and stockings). Makes me not even try to play by myself and rather wait for someone to put up the pieces for a resonable price on the MP. Or I simply forget about it.

But my own peeve today is the other devil of shopping events: Fatpacks.

I'm pretty sure I just came across this weeks winner in that category.

- Advertisement shows texture variation only available in the fatpack. None of the regular ones.

- Regular ones are single colour.

- The outfit is oddly shaped. You are either going to be naked or use the displayed bra and panties shown in the advertisement. They sure come as one with the bodysuit, right? No. They don't. You pay extra for those and if you want colour options for those two, you buy...the FATPACK OF COURSE!

Its fatpack or die for this one apparently. I miss the time, when a fatpack used to simply be a quick option for those, who wanted to buy all colour options of an item with a little discount as a thank you, for buying so much.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great one today. Took a store LM from Marketplace.

TP'd over. Fell about 1,000 feet and landed waist deep in water on a Gor RP sim....... WHAT???????

Breaking news...... you aint gonna sell much merchandise from there.......

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2019 at 10:01 AM, Zeta Vandyke said:

Another thing that starts to annoy me more each time I encounter it

Fat Pack exclusives!

Just put everything you have for sale, let me decide if I want to buy a plain color, or a fancy pattern, or maybe two different ones. And if I want more than one, I can consider going for a fatpack. But don't try to force people into fatpacks by making the nicer looking ones exclusive to fatpacks.

I understand, its their product, their decision. I just find it a very high "screw you customer!" level.

Can I get an amen!!! I hate this!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Great one today. Took a store LM from Marketplace.

TP'd over. Fell about 1,000 feet and landed waist deep in water on a Gor RP sim....... WHAT???????

Breaking news...... you aint gonna sell much merchandise from there.......

What is this thing you have with going to stores and winding up falling through space?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Great one today. Took a store LM from Marketplace.

TP'd over. Fell about 1,000 feet and landed waist deep in water on a Gor RP sim....... WHAT???????

Breaking news...... you aint gonna sell much merchandise from there.......

Speaking of which, from a bloggers perspective. When you go to blog something, and either the LM isn't in the folder, or they have an outdated LM. And it takes you about an hour and a half to find the place. Please creators, update your LMs. There has been many times, where I have been to places that well left little for the imagination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Gachas where almost everything is a rare except for the one or two most boring, blandest things in the universe you know no one plays the damn thing for. I'll pass, and that says something.

Or where the objects in the Gacha are much nicer and better quality, than their mass produced items. Drives me up the wall. Why can't you put that same attention to detail, in your regular items, like you do into your Gachas?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

What is this thing you have with going to stores and winding up falling through space?

The Wright Brothers?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BelindaN said:

TP'd over. Fell about 1,000 feet and landed waist deep in water on a Gor RP sim....... WHAT???????

Breaking news...... you aint gonna sell much merchandise from there.......

I dunno, I'd pay a lot to get out of Gor if I had to. Also, kudos for landing in the best place of any Gor sim. The pond life will definitely be the most interesting and evolved beings you'll find there. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

Or where the objects in the Gacha are much nicer and better quality, than their mass produced items. Drives me up the wall. Why can't you put that same attention to detail, in your regular items, like you do into your Gachas?

 

Presumably because then people could just purchase them in a straightforward transaction rather than being likely to have to pay over the odds to play over and over again to get the item they want.

I can see why people are getting irritated by these things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With regard to Fatpacks: I miss the era where you actually had the option - at some stores - to get a discount on the fatpack if you'd already bought items that were part of it. While this was far less common - in my experience - with cloting it was somewhat more common with entire avatars (anthropomorphic) that came in different colors/patterns. The system used for this varied with some creators asking you to message them after you'd bought the pack to get your refund while others used a variant of a database search to automate this process.

As an example of an avatar I wish I could do this with, see my forum avatar. There are a few of the stock colors of that avatar I am interested in getting and would have likely simply gotten the bulk pack of them if I could be reimbursed for the variants I have already bought ... And that particular avatar is not the only one by that maker I have ought nor is it the only one I wish I could do what I have described with either.

Ah well ...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

With regard to Fatpacks: I miss the era where you actually had the option - at some stores - to get a discount on the fatpack if you'd already bought items that were part of it.

Maybe modern vendour systems don't allow this anymore - I have seen some though who still offer this serrvice in the shop owner's profile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...