What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I need to stop occasionally accepting friend invites from strange men.

... ... 😈

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today's peeve:  Event notecards that do not provide the date of the event.  I sometimes lose trace of notecards and hate it when I open one up for an event and there are no dates inside.

Or don't include LMs.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

CHECKOUT CHECKOUT I need to know more about the white guy that would challenge both a global pandemic and racial protests to loot legos. made with mematic Product

I need to know more about the black guy who's training his child in what to do when a black person dies!
...and hammer guy is trying to cut through the hard plastic cover. Using the blunt end it'd just bounce back and hit him between the eyes. Obviously a 'looter' with 4 brain cells instead of the usual 2!

8 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Pet Peeve: People who talk about First Nations pretending to be oh so knowledgeable when they are not. We're still here and we see you.

Now that I have half of the forum blocked, I do wonder what I missed. Then I think. I imagine. A very few times I have peeked and was proven correct in my theorizing. So I'm guessing, shaking my head and after 10 years of never blocking anyone, have to admit that it is relatively blissful (or bliss-less as the case may be).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Now that I have half of the forum blocked, I do wonder what I missed.

Did I make the list? 🤔

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Now that I have half of the forum blocked, I do wonder what I missed. Then I think. I imagine. A very few times I have peeked and was proven correct in my theorizing. So I'm guessing, shaking my head and after 10 years of never blocking anyone, have to admit that it is relatively blissful (or bliss-less as the case may be).

I never blocked anyone until this forum, myself. It's been 20 years for me. Yeah it is kinda peaceful until you try to read a post that quotes. Then, not so much. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I never blocked anyone until this forum, myself. It's been 20 years for me. Yeah it is kinda peaceful until you try to read a post that quotes. Then, not so much. 

I ignore the quoted part and if the response to the quote doesn't make sense, then I just skim past it all. I'm not yet ready to remove my block list, even though it is the first time I've ever blocked anyone for more than a day or two.

• Like 3

I waver back and forth.... sometimes I'm less tolerant than other times.  Sometimes I just ban signatures I get tired of. Other times I feel like the the queen from Alice. Off with their heads! It's the same with watching the news.  Sometimes I just don't want to see how bad things are, other times I overdose. Currently I have very few in the totally banned category. And I'm watching too much news.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Did I make the list? 🤔

Did someone say something again?  :::knocks on monitor Is this thing on??? Ohhhh... right. Blocked:::

ETA: You know I'm kidding, right? Lately (and we are talking months) things are ify in the humor category, even among friends.

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It's not just the quotes. I don't know about any of you but this software really blows. I'll refresh a page or move to the next page and BAM! there are all the people I've blocked and their posts right there! It is next to impossible not to read something, and from that crew it is nearly always eye-rolling fodder at the very least.

I've read the threads/comments where people have discussed the whys and wherefores of how making a forum 100% blocked is difficult if not impossible, but for crying out loud, at least it should block the actual posts 100% of the time, not 60%!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Did someone say something again?

Oh, okay.

. . . So, pet peeve: cats. I mean come on, how could anyone ever form an emotional connection with those repulsive, pointless little fur-balls? And attribute them with characteristics!? They have three modes; 'I want attention either because I'm hungry or because I threw up a mouse in your bed and I need to distract you until I've forgotten I'm in trouble', 'I'm asleep, leave me alone' or 'just leave me alone, I'm going to pace around as if I were up to something - but obviously I'm not as I stop at every turn to try figuring out where I'm going'. And the argument that 'Oh but you know, even the Egyptians knew to worship cats'? That statement is A) factually wrong and B) the Egyptians also thought that corpses should be scooped out clean, salted and wrapped in perfumed cloth interleaved with 'magical amulets', pfft! 

But the one thing more annoying than cats themselves is, of course, the 'cat people'. As in, people who like cats, not people who think that they are cats - they're a whole 'nother chapter of their own - but they just can't give any rational argument ever, no matter how many times you point out that dogs are superior they just won't see reason!

Disclaimer: this post is sarcastic. In the event of there being any discomfort in the readers' posterior section, please refer to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, page 42. 

Funny-Cat-vacuum.gif

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

It's not just the quotes. I don't know about any of you but this software really blows. I'll refresh a page or move to the next page and BAM! there are all the people I've blocked and their posts right there! It is next to impossible not to read something, and from that crew it is nearly always eye-rolling fodder at the very least.

I've read the threads/comments where people have discussed the whys and wherefores of how making a forum 100% blocked is difficult if not impossible, but for crying out loud, at least it should block the actual posts 100% of the time, not 60%!

It's the software. Says something when the free version (InvisionFree which was sold to Tapatalk as well as ZetaBoards) works better than the pay version. Tapatalk is horrendous and is the reason I let all of my InvisionFree and ZetaBoards forums go. Why didn't I move them to Tapatalk? Have you SEEN their forums? EEEEWWWWWWWWWWW! And that is putting it extrememly mildly. They shouldn ever have ditched the original formats.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

Up until recently, ignore has worked flawlessly over on VVO. 

I'm not sure if that's a change in the forum software, or something I did -or what. It's a recent change, so I'm suspecting it's something to do with the version Cris has installed there. 

5 minutes ago, Han Held said:

Up until recently, ignore has worked flawlessly over on VVO. 

I'm not sure if that's a change in the forum software, or something I did -or what. It's a recent change, so I'm suspecting it's something to do with the version Cris has installed there. 

Yeah I saw that. I do still read occasionally (as you well know lol) even if I don't post any more. You all are still family. And I may post again some day but probably not until the a$$Trumpet is out of office.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Ignore works perfectly fine here and over on VVO - for me at least.

Like I said -I'm not sure whether it's a result of something I'm doing or if it's a change in the forum's software. 

Before, I wouldn't see any trace of people on my ignore list in any threads. Now I'll see their post, but instead of the body I'll see a message saying "this post is by soemone on your ignore list, click to view". And that might be from my clicking the "view ignored content" link one too many times.

Edited by Han Held

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.