What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today's peeve....

Being giddy about my new book and being told...that's for toddlers...

FFS, you really think I don't know that?

It's still an awesome book, and I"m glad I get them, and you can shove your holier than thou can read normal books just fine self right into your own lower rear orifice for all I care :P

My new book (and yes, I get these frequently, they're a godsend, I have a whole library, a few I have gotten duplicates, which I send them to a school for special needs children)

llamabook.jpg.ea44aaf21d8bd51d9a3fc2509fcf771b.jpg

• Like 9

When the creator does not put a sample of the item by the Sale sign, so I have to hunt around the store to actually see a rezzed version.

Or for clothing, the Sale area does not have a Demo, so I have to hunt through the store to find the Demo.

For those items that haven't already screamed BUY ME, BUY ME - I won't even take the time to find the Demo or rezzed version.  Lost possible sale.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When the creator does not put a sample of the item by the Sale sign, so I have to hunt around the store to actually see a rezzed version.

Or for clothing, the Sale area does not have a Demo, so I have to hunt through the store to find the Demo.

For those items that haven't already screamed BUY ME, BUY ME - I won't even take the time to find the Demo or rezzed version.  Lost possible sale.

Or a store that has the item, but only as a "chance" in a dumb Gatcha loot box.

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Getting senile.
  • Like 4

Creators that use numbers for their animations instead of words, I don't want to click through 20 animations to find that one I like but if they're named it at least gives me a clue. And every store uses different numbers for different animations and even within a store, I've just sat on 4 chairs and every #6 was completly different animation...grrrr, it's not that hard to name animations and keep them organised. I can't buy furniture that's numbered, it frustrates me too much and sadly my favourite creators do it, so I visit their stores, look at the pretty things and then spend my Lindens elsewhere.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Creators that don't double-check their LM giver at an event and thus give you an old LM that does not actually take you to their store.  If they are lucky, I will check their profile to see if a current store location is listed.

I hate that --- especially if you end up in someone's house and get your rear orbed out faster then LL raising more fees.....

• Like 5

Heres one I've been meaning to post  (may already have, theirs 120 pages, not going back to look lol)

When I'm role-playing with someone and its a fight scene, or a scene that involves me struggling or getting into an altercation with the person I am role-playing with and the person simply doesn't acknowledge it in any way, or acts like i didn't just try to punch/ kick/ slap them

Example, this literally JUST happened: 

[2020/03/08 19:33] Iᴠʏ RᴀᴇBᴇʟ - Sᴀʀᴀsᴡᴀᴛɪ  (IvyLarae) screamed out when she was slapped, feeling her teeth sink into her lip from the impact as well as her face throb. She was putting up one hell of a bravado as she glared at him. Ivy had very long, pointed nails and at the threat she would try to rake them in a quick swipe across his face, if she succeeded she would catch him right along his cheek and she'd probably leave red welts and would try to bolt off the bed if she distracted him enough
[2020/03/08 19:38] RP Partner ( Name changed out of respect) laughs as she gets all jacked on him.  "So you wanna play rough.  Good. I'm probably gonna make you cry for me to let you and your boy toy go."

As an RPer literally NOTHING will turn me against an RP quicker than this specific thing, like ffs how hard is it to simply emote dodging said actions? don't completely ignore them!?

Edited by IvyLarae
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

Heres one I've been meaning to post  (may already have, theirs 120 pages, not going back to look lol)

When I'm role-playing with someone and its a fight scene, or a scene that involves me struggling or getting into an altercation with the person I am role-playing with and the person simply doesn't acknowledge it in any way, or acts like i didn't just try to punch/ kick/ slap them

[2020/03/08 19:33] Iᴠʏ RᴀᴇBᴇʟ - Sᴀʀᴀsᴡᴀᴛɪ  (IvyLarae) screamed out when she was slapped, feeling her teeth sink into her lip from the impact as well as her face throb. She was putting up one hell of a bravado as she glared at him. Ivy had very long, pointed nails and at the threat she would try to rake them in a quick swipe across his face, if she succeeded she would catch him right along his cheek and she'd probably leave red welts and would try to bolt off the bed if she distracted him enough
[2020/03/08 19:38] RP Partner ( Name changed out of respect) laughs as she gets all jacked on him.  "So you wanna play rough.  Good. I'm probably gonna make you cry for me to let you and your boy toy go."

As an RPer literally NOTHING will turn me against an RP quicker than this specific thing, like ffs how hard is it to simply emote dodging said actions? don't completely ignore them!?

I would just continue with "the arrogant bully didn't even attempt to block, my hand swiped across his face connecting unhindered and harder than I had expected tearing the flesh from his face. The blood splattering me only enraged me further as I ....."

If he isn't going to block start beating on him. He won't learn unless you punish him for it- lol

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

There’s also the issue of the low effort response too.

• Like 4

Yeah, common theme in RP combat. But even apart from that, his RP looks so crap in general that I'm surprised you got as far as a fight scene.

• Like 4

Actually, not to excuse his rubbish RP, but is it possible that the phrase "she would try" wasn't explicit enough and made him think it was something you might do, rather than something you did do? If that's what he thought, he'd be right not to react as though he knew what was in your mind.

It's still an irritating thing in RP combat, though. I can understand why some people find it easier just to go meter, although that was never my preference. 

2 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Actually, not to excuse his rubbish RP, but is it possible that the phrase "she would try" wasn't explicit enough and made him think it was something you might do, rather than something you did do? If that's what he thought, he'd be right not to react as though he knew what was in your mind.

It's still an irritating thing in RP combat, though. I can understand why some people find it easier just to go meter, although that was never my preference. 

I wouldn’t give him that much credit. It was just crappy RP on his part. She basically gave him an out with the “she would” whether it hurt him enough or he would have to react in some way to avoid it. The bare minimum in RP imo, is to react in some way to the person’s action before yours, so that there’s a continuous feedback loop.

He didn’t even acknowledge it even happened, it just was bad RP and pretty prevalent in SL. Automatically broke the loop.

• Like 3

"So you wanna play rough.  Good. I'm probably gonna make you cry for me to let you and your boy toy go."

' His slap had stung and hurt her but not as much as his nonchalent arrogance now did! His eyes turned hard and steely as he moved towards her, intentions clear. Unfortunately for him, not quite as hard and steely as the top of her foot as it connected with his unmentionables! 
His mocking smirk suddenly changed to a mask of sheer horror as the agony from the unexpected blow doubled him over, just in time to meet her swiftly rising knee which crashed into his face. There was a moment of sickening sound as the cartilage in his nose exploded, a primordial grunt and a heavy 'thump' as his unconscious body hit the floor. 
She dragged him into the recovery position (thrashing out murder/self defence charges with the police was always such a bore!) then wiped the blood and mucus from her throbbing kneecap on the bed cover. Glancing at her watch she guessed she had just enough time for a quick shower and a nice cup of tea before 'Eastender's' came on. Whistling softly to herself, she left the room!'

.......Probably why I don't RP - total lack of patience!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Can we talk about  "Child" Avi's using baby talk for a second?

I absolutely ABHOR baby talk. If you're Roleplaying as a toddler (1-4 years old ) I can excuse it, but most claim to be 6 and up and I'm just sitting here like "Have you actually HEARD a 6 year old talk?" Dey shore don't talkz like deese!

Like for *bleep* sake every time i see it it makes me wanna claw my eyes out and drink battery acid!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

Can we talk about  "Child" Avi's using baby talk for a second?

I absolutely ABHOR baby talk. If you're Roleplaying as a toddler (1-4 years old ) I can excuse it, but most claim to be 6 and up and I'm just sitting here like "Have you actually HEARD a 6 year old talk?" Dey shore don't talkz like deese!

Like for *bleep* sake every time i see it it makes me wanna claw my eyes out and drink battery acid!

52e1bfbe0cbad8d42b224ccc87df2973.gif

• Haha 2

Show owners that paste the link to their marketplace in their profile, but leave in the language code. That causes my Marketplace to change language as well, and I've had numerous mails from MP in German or French, telling me one of my items had sold out, or someone gifted me an item, or whatever other mails Marketplace will send.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lavalois said:

Show owners that paste the link to their marketplace in their profile, but leave in the language code. That causes my Marketplace to change language as well, and I've had numerous mails from MP in German or French, telling me one of my items had sold out, or someone gifted me an item, or whatever other mails Marketplace will send.

Thanks for that heads up. May I ask how to remove the language code? Thank you!

Emma :)

Edited by Emma Krokus
spelling

5 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

Remove any '?lang=' from the URL. If the link is just 'https://marketplace/stores/nnnnn', then I'm pretty sure it will automatically default to the language of the person that is logged into the MP.

ETA:  I think if it is language specific there is also some sort of language indicator in the middle of the URL - before the '/stores', based on looking at a few old links I have.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Remove any '?lang=' from the URL. If the link is just 'https://marketplace/stores/nnnnn', then I'm pretty sure it will automatically default to the language of the person that is logged into the MP.

ETA:  I think if it is language specific there is also some sort of language indicator in the middle of the URL - before the '/stores', based on looking at a few old links I have.

Thank you for the swift response! I will see if I can work it out from what you said above.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

I have an example link from another store that I got like that.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/de-DE/stores/47213/

Cut the bold bit out to make the link

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/47213/

And then you should see the store in your preferred language

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Paraphrased support request:

Customer: How do I add my animations to the HUD?
Me: Which animations are you trying to add?
Customer: I have the animations in my inventory and am not sure how to get them in the HUD
Me: Which animations are you trying to add?
Customer: I'm looking for my list. I activated the ones I want.

[ Pause here to mention that Catwa animations need installers. If the 'animations in inventory have been activated' then they are probably gestures. I'm trying to ascertain exactly what the customer is trying to add. ]

Me: You cannot add non-Catwa animations to either your Animations HUD F or your HUD C. Only Catwa animations can be added, and those must have installers.
Customer: That's not my question and not what I'm trying to do.
Customer: I'm shaking my head. Maybe you're helping too many people at once. [[ Note: I was helping only that customer, as was one other CSR ]]
Me: You are saying "I have the animations in my inventory and am not sure how to get them in the HUD." I have said "You cannot add non-Catwa animations to either of your HUDs, only Catwa animations and those must have installers".
Customer: I'm not trying to be difficult, but when I state my question you're giving me a non-applicable answer. We are just not communicating.
Other CSR: Skell asked you twice which animations you were trying to add.
Customer: I'm looking for the folder with them now. I'm sure they're Catwa.
Me: I have been asking simple questions and getting non-answers. First you stated that you have the animations in your inventory (this could mean you've purchased additional animations OR you've purchased animations from a third party, which is why I was asking which animations you had). Now you're saying you've activated the ones you want (which means they could be gestures and not animations).
Me: What does the icon for the animations look like in your inventory?
Customer: I've never met customer service people that are quite so difficult as here. I have been in SL a long time. Skell, don't say anything.
Customer: Not another word. I've been dealing with coronavirus for two days and I don't have the patience to be nice when people are rude to me.

[ And, finally, this next bit is not paraphrased ]

Customer: Skell I knew you were a man before I ever looked at your profile.  Why... because you have the patience of a man.

It's customers like that who make me wonder sometimes why the hell I bother. I do it for nothing. I do it because I love helping people, and because I love the product. But people like that... yeah. They can bring me pretty low. I feel like s**t right now :(

• Sad 6

2 hours ago, lavalois said:

I have an example link from another store that I got like that.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/de-DE/stores/47213/

Cut the bold bit out to make the link

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/47213/

And then you should see the store in your preferred language

Thank you so much!

Mine has something tagged on after the store number... looking rather different to the above: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/80270?id=80270

I've no idea what it is! 

And before someone thinks I've derailed the thread! - here's one: why oh why are the internet things so complicated?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Paraphrased support request:

[ Pause here to mention that Catwa animations need installers. If the 'animations in inventory have been activated' then they are probably gestures. I'm trying to ascertain exactly what the customer is trying to add. ]

[ And, finally, this next bit is not paraphrased ]

It's customers like that who make me wonder sometimes why the hell I bother. I do it for nothing. I do it because I love helping people, and because I love the product. But people like that... yeah. They can bring me pretty low. I feel like s**t right now :(

We do need a hug button.

Especially now we got Covid-19. Please, Linden Lab...? Pretty please.

So, Skell, I offer you a virtual hug.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.