Share Your Embarrassing SL Moments - The Confessions Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After an incident last night I thought this could be a fun thread for giggles.  So basically share your most embarrassing SL Moment.  I'll go first

I was setting up a display in the entrance to the store last night for a new release which happens to have RLV.  My collar is pretty much locked tight as far as I thought but I was semi afk.  A 2 week oldresident appeared and I was ignoring the instant IM about what he wanted.  I am sure you can guess, he wasn't asking for information on products ?.  So I was half ignoring SL thinking GO AWAY and was browsing the forums when the viewer flashed.  I look back and see "Cindy Evanier was captured!"  I am locked to the bed and the noob is now naked.  SAFEWORD SCREAMING  I consider explaining his mistake but instead just decided to eject him.  I typo the safeword the first time in a panic.  I was confused how he had been able to capture me and start going through my collar menu triple checking all my settings and can presume that because I owned the bed demo, it was trusted.  While I was doing that and distracted, he came back and did it AGAIN!  So he found himself teleported home again, naked and standing to attention.  I woke up this morning with it on my mind lol  and decided to share it with you guys.

NEXT....

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I look back and see "Cindy Evanier was captured!"  I am locked to the bed and the noob is now naked.  SAFEWORD SCREAMING  I consider explaining his mistake but instead just decided to eject him.  I typo the safeword the first time in a panic.

I can imagine the shock of that, and can very much see the typo happening. I'm actually trying to think how you can blacklist those shop devices you implicitly trust because they are yours. An untrusted alt to rez them maybe?

By his request, and with full consent, I set my primary subs safeword to something he can't type easily.
Heartcore scripts installed, so there is no RED alternate, and relay is locked to always be permissive.
He'd have to deal with the noob.

c86dc025896ebaec429d6c4cfa9be58d.png.11ef71dbd2bdefd4b77d52dacf03352d.png

My embaressing moment? The worst is a crash when I was naked, and in the middle of some adult activity. Relogged to appear in Ahern. Normally I would fly up before my mesh rezzed, but there was that glasshouse design to catch people. The panic is quite real sometimes, and it's difficult to do simple things in that panic.

• Like 3

I.... I.....I fell for that Bloodlines BS when I first started *sobs*

With a name like mine you bet I was interested in Vampires, I was stupid and fugly and you name it.... OMG ... I never bit anyone and fled as soon as I noticed it was complete and utter bs, never to return....I´ve worn the garlic necklace and all that since then.

Other than that I have tried RLV once... bravely enough in DarkAlley (which was basically my home back then) but not too many things happened, just some blonde bimbo stealing my clothes ... no big issues after I relogged with RLV off... This really isn´t for me ...

Other than that I don´t really have embarassing stories to share...

maybe my SL relationships?`Oh...oh yeah definately that. My marriage without the ceremony... He did stuff with me and then had to "go to this other RP sim (fantasy/gorean) he was admin at to deal with some stuff" (read: other female avatars´body openings.... ?)... yep I know... shame on me...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've posted this a few times through the years, the last time wasn't all that long ago, so I'll get straight to the end this time and skip the details.

The carbon rod allows you to fly super fast. So fast that it takes a thickish wall to stop you.  I needed to fly up to a skybox, so I donned the carbon rod, positioned myself on the ground so that I would fly straight past other skyboxes, and I took off. A second or two later, I came to a shuddering halt, stuck in the floor of a skybox that I'd intended to miss. My head and shoulders were up through the bedroom floor, facing the bed, on which were a naked couple doing their thing.

I beat a hasty retreat, and I think I got out without them seeing me, so I wasn't actually embarrassed, but I would have been if they spotted me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

!...

I once wore some denim clothing..

It was on a new account, for about 15 mins while I found some decent clothing made from normal materials like latex and leather...

But it was still denim...

:( 

I can see us standing there exchanging clothes like "ew denim, that´s for you freak!" - "hm Latex... you have that doublefreak!" - *a wild item of leathery nature appears*... "Where´s the dice?" XD

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Mine is more typical in SL:  Spewing out a long line of what I'd do later at home to my Honey at the time, only not in the IM box, but the public chat while at a friend's hangout place, so all of my Hangout friends read it.

It's even funnier when people accidentally post their Para-Erotic-RP wall of text into a group chat for a shopping group with 90,000+ members...

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

57 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

It's even funnier when people accidentally post their Para-Erotic-RP wall of text into a group chat for a shopping group with 90,000+ members...

Certainly did that by accident in bloodlines clan chat still at least that was only to 1400 or so

• Like 1

Not an embarassing story however it amused one of my ex'es no end

For some reason people find the name kanry hard to spell in local chat and I have been variously Kandry, Kanny, kangry and many other variants over the years. I tend to get frustrated by this after all its only 5 letters how hard can it be right? Anyway in a club the other night and they have one of those walking AI bots that chats in local...and even that damn thing managed to mispell my name

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, KanryDrago said:

Not an embarassing story however it amused one of my ex'es no end

For some reason people find the name kanry hard to spell in local chat and I have been variously Kandry, Kanny, kangry and many other variants over the years. I tend to get frustrated by this after all its only 5 letters how hard can it be right? Anyway in a club the other night and they have one of those walking AI bots that chats in local...and even that damn thing managed to mispell my name

Hi I am Candy Cundy, Condy, Cinfy Cincy, Cindu, 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Hi I am Candy Cundy, Condy, Cinfy Cincy, Cindu, 

Grins I shouldn't find it irritating I know....but I do. Especially as I avoided a hard to spell name, not like I called myself ftpmchozzziasseses or something

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

For some reason people find the name kanry hard to spell in local chat and I have been variously Kandry, Kanny, kangry and many other variants over the years. I tend to get frustrated by this after all its only 5 letters how hard can it be right?

Five letters is a lot. You'd be amazed how many can't spell "Rey" right.

As for my own embarrassing moments, I don't know where to start and certainly not where to stop.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Mine is more typical in SL:  Spewing out a long line of what I'd do later at home to my Honey at the time, only not in the IM box, but the public chat while at a friend's hangout place, so all of my Hangout friends read it.

I really didn't spend enough time at the Hangout, you know . . .

• Like 1

I... once wore dropcrotch pants. And sneakers.

/me hastens to add: In my defence, it was in response to a Monday Meme challenge to 'change your avatar so completely that nobody would recognise you', and... well, nobody would believe that Skell wore dropcrotch pants so--

It's not working, is it?

/me slinks off, the tips of his ears glowing somewhat red :$

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Haha 12

2 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I... once wore dropcrotch pants. And sneakers.

/me hastens to add: In my defence, it was in response to a Monday Meme challenge to 'change your avatar so completely that nobody would recognise you', and... well, nobody would believe that Skell wore dropcrotch pants so--

It's not working, is it?

/me slinks off, the tips of his ears glowing somewhat red :$

pictures?

• Like 2

My whole SLife is one long embarrassing moment, or it would be if I was easily embarrassed. Seriously; I screw things up on a regular basis. It's hard to pick a top ten, let alone just one.

Here's the best one in the last 24 hours. I bought a statue I'd been eyeing for some time and got it nicely placed in my yard. I took a quick snap of it to send to a friend. Later I actually looked at the snapshot and noticed my leg was 'inside' the statue (I'd been standing close in the picture). Huh, I said. I know what's wrong! So I edited and sure enough, Physical was not checked. Fixed it.

Then I stood back and watched as my statue slowly (and rather majestically) toppled over and ended up face-down in the grass. Clearly, there is a lot more to Physical than just the property that prevents me from walking through walls (except during lag-walks). Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

My whole SLife is one long embarrassing moment, or it would be if I was easily embarrassed. Seriously; I screw things up on a regular basis. It's hard to pick a top ten, let alone just one.

Here's the best one in the last 24 hours. I bought a statue I'd been eyeing for some time and got it nicely placed in my yard. I took a quick snap of it to send to a friend. Later I actually looked at the snapshot and noticed my leg was 'inside' the statue (I'd been standing close in the picture). Huh, I said. I know what's wrong! So I edited and sure enough, Physical was not checked. Fixed it.

Then I stood back and watched as my statue slowly (and rather majestically) toppled over and ended up face-down in the grass. Clearly, there is a lot more to Physical than just the property that prevents me from walking through walls (except during lag-walks). Oh well.

/me unsuccessfully hides a laugh behind her hand.

Three sorts of objects in SL, dear:  Normal (which is what you wanted), Phantom (which it was), and Physical.  Physical objects respond to the SL physics system of gravity and wind.  They are used for bullets, because they can be propelled, and collide with targets.  They're used for vehicles, and for beach balls.  NOTE:  Some objects are Phantom for a reason.  If the statue is a sculpty, and you make it Normal, its collision envelope will not be the statue as you see it, but the original sphere it was sculpted from.  This can result in you colliding with an invisible something two or three meters away from the statue.  If that happens, make it Phantom again.  If you need it to seem to be solid, create a simple prim object of about the same size, make it transparent, and put it in the same location as the statue.  This will serve as your "collision object".  Don't link it to the statue, though.

(You know me.  I can never resist a Teaching Moment!)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.