Share Your Embarrassing SL Moments - The Confessions Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A few weeks back i tp'd up to my home to do some bits and pieces before logging i always keep the internal doors in my property open so thought it was a bit strange to see the door to bedroom was shut also bathroom and closet too, i opened it to see a couple going at it hammer and tongs on my bed making full use of the animations. I didn't have a problem with them being there they weren't getting in the way of what i was going to do but once they noticed me they quickly dressed and tp'd away, i felt bad for spoiling their fun i apologised and said they were welcome to visit again. though i don't think they ever will 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

A few weeks back i tp'd up to my home to do some bits and pieces before logging i always keep the internal doors in my property open so thought it was a bit strange to see the door to bedroom was shut also bathroom and closet too, i opened it to see a couple going at it hammer and tongs on my bed making full use of the animations. I didn't have a problem with them being there they weren't getting in the way of what i was going to do but once they noticed me they quickly dressed and tp'd away, i felt bad for spoiling their fun i apologised and said they were welcome to visit again. though i don't think they ever will 

I've certainly made my share of screw ups in SL, but I don't think anything has been red-in-the-face embarrassing. I find my mistakes, and those of others, amusing.

I've written about the bed in my old tropical island hut that put all the couples animations out behind in the bushes, except for "Spoon". I never caught anyone in the bushes, but my imagination doesn't care. In my Forgotten City lighthouse, I often found couples chatting, or sometimes canoodling, on the sofa. I didn't mind. I'd usually TP away before they were even aware, but if they saw me, I'd tell them to carry on and that I'd busy myself elsewhere. People were almost always polite and apologetic and we'd sometimes have chats, followed by my giving a tour of the city.

But, there were the rare asshats who thought they owned the place, and demanded I leave, even after being offered proof I was the lighthouse owner. One particular evening, a couple refused to get off the sofa, so I flipped it over and bolted it to the ceiling, but not before giving them a vertigo inducing tour of my editing abilities.

Here we all are, just moments before I banned them from the sim...

Visitors.thumb.jpg.26deb1368d72f7b983972d711693a44c.jpg

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 15

7 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I met this guy, he invited me to live in his house and gave me rights to mod his stuff, one day I come up with the bright idea to paint the bedroom walls pink, I was doing ok, but then I forgot to click select face, and turned the whole house pink, even the glass in the Windows. I was sure he was going to dump me and I would be homeless again, of course he just resized a new copy of the house and got a laugh out of it.

Having done this too numerous times usually by passing a texture to someone, I now keep coordinates as I rez a house on a notecard  (usually named new note so I can find it easily)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I met this guy, he invited me to live in his house and gave me rights to mod his stuff, one day I come up with the bright idea to paint the bedroom walls pink, I was doing ok, but then I forgot to click select face, and turned the whole house pink, even the glass in the Windows. I was sure he was going to dump me and I would be homeless again, of course he just resized a new copy of the house and got a laugh out of it.

The first time I every accidentally retextured an entire house, it also belonged to the guy I was dating at the time - and I was pretty new so I was totally mortified. Then even more so, when I tried to fix the texture problem and ended up deleting pieces.  

I was SO relieved when he showed me how easy it was to just rez a new one.

• Like 5

I was at Backdrop City, minding my own business (covered in point lights and projectors) testing out my new recording software and my new Vista AO with dances included. . . when I hear a conversation that goes a little something like this:

Voice One: Who is that? She is twirling!

Voice Two: She's recording a whole music video.

Voice One: Think she'd mind if I jumped in?

I had been talking to myself, too, testing the recording of SL voice to video. I was so embarrassed that I TPd home. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Years ago, I was alting it up as a kawaii neko emo girl and got a job at some neko-y electronic music club. Became very friendly with the manager. So friendly that one day she started telling me all about her 'time of month'.

I was pretty good at acting as a woman - nobody ever questioned me, anyway - but that conversation was awkward as hell. What do I know about pre-menstrual cramps and hot water bottles. "Er, yeah, I hate that feeling too...lol" (is lol even appropriate?). Was praying for someone...anyone to TP in so we could change the subject.

Edited by sanbao
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 10/13/2018 at 5:29 PM, Skell Dagger said:

Yes, there are :P

And, I might add, Skell was deeply unhappy with me. I had to placate him with leather and sequins for a MONTH afterwards. Bloody drama queen...

At the risk of making Skell even more unhappy, and having to buy up all the leather and sequins SL has to offer . . . I think we need to see the evidence, please ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

Me:  HAI!!!   I'm here to help!
Resident:  Oh thank goodness, I thought I'd never find my chickens!
Me:  Don't worry, I'll find them for you even if it means turning this whole region inside out.

<POOF>  Then entire mainland region suddenly goes missing right in front of the person I was there to help..

Me:  Well, the lag is gone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

12 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

Me:  Don't worry, I'll find them for you even if it means turning this whole region inside out.

<POOF>  Then entire mainland region suddenly goes missing right in front of the person I was there to help..

Priceless!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

Poor chickens! They done got God-deleted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

Hands you a cold lemonade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

/me falls over laughing

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 6:48 PM, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

Camming someone far away while they are sitting on an adult furniture alone just to missclick trying to move the camera and end up sitting with said person on that furniture which triggers a very lousy sex animation.

Somebody jumped me and a bff while we were cuddling today.........maybe it was an accident but I suspect it was griefing. It happened so fast that we didn't get the avi name.........

Oh and yes, I've been accidentally naked in a general sim...............I just ran, which gives the wrong  impression totally.............

Edited by BelindaN
final comment
  • Like 2

On 10/15/2018 at 2:49 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've certainly made my share of screw ups in SL, but I don't think anything has been red-in-the-face embarrassing. I find my mistakes, and those of others, amusing.

I've written about the bed in my old tropical island hut that put all the couples animations out behind in the bushes, except for "Spoon". I never caught anyone in the bushes, but my imagination doesn't care. In my Forgotten City lighthouse, I often found couples chatting, or sometimes canoodling, on the sofa. I didn't mind. I'd usually TP away before they were even aware, but if they saw me, I'd tell them to carry on and that I'd busy myself elsewhere. People were almost always polite and apologetic and we'd sometimes have chats, followed by my giving a tour of the city.

But, there were the rare asshats who thought they owned the place, and demanded I leave, even after being offered proof I was the lighthouse owner. One particular evening, a couple refused to get off the sofa, so I flipped it over and bolted it to the ceiling, but not before giving them a vertigo inducing tour of my editing abilities.

Here we all are, just moments before I banned them from the sim...

Visitors.thumb.jpg.26deb1368d72f7b983972d711693a44c.jpg

You didn't set them on fire???????? What an anti-climax for both me, and them...........haha.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 5:47 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

/me unsuccessfully hides a laugh behind her hand.

Three sorts of objects in SL, dear:  Normal (which is what you wanted), Phantom (which it was), and Physical.  Physical objects respond to the SL physics system of gravity and wind.  They are used for bullets, because they can be propelled, and collide with targets.  They're used for vehicles, and for beach balls.  NOTE:  Some objects are Phantom for a reason.  If the statue is a sculpty, and you make it Normal, its collision envelope will not be the statue as you see it, but the original sphere it was sculpted from.  This can result in you colliding with an invisible something two or three meters away from the statue.  If that happens, make it Phantom again.  If you need it to seem to be solid, create a simple prim object of about the same size, make it transparent, and put it in the same location as the statue.  This will serve as your "collision object".  Don't link it to the statue, though.

(You know me.  I can never resist a Teaching Moment!)

This is why I love SL............so much unintelligable stuff to read and then forget.........hehe.  Keep it coming...........*smiles*...................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, so I decided to buy a boat ?‍♀️ actually a HUGE  yacht! At that time, I had never before rezed anything that big before, so I got a bright idea and thought... hum... I’ll just Rez it in the harbor, right into my boat slip at Fruit Islands. At that moment, my slip neighbor was having a very sexy party on deck, and then I Rezed it right on top of the party!!!! OMG ?! I got so nervous that I totally forgot how to take it back... and wow that was a huge surprise for my naked neighbors. Suffice to say... I never revisited the “scene of the crime” again....errrr! Super embarrassing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I wasn't really embarrassed but maybe I should have been. A friend and I were walking though these snowy woods, Exploring, we actually walked out of one Sim and into another one. We found a bench along a path, and discovered it had adult animations, which we began to try out. Then two guys on skates come by and watch us, they couldn't see anything because we both had winter coats on, but it was obvious what was going on. We talked to them, got no response, they left, then BAM we are flying through SL cyberspace back to our homes. Later when I went back to the snowy woods, I found the sim crossing we had crossed, because I was now banned and couldn't cross it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

When I was really new I met this guy and he talked me back to his house and bed.  After everything, and a few minutes more, he said he was going to go.  I asked if it was okay for me to log from his house and he told me "sure."  So, still naked, I logged.  I didn't know about Security Orbs and he had one that he turned on again before I'd logged back in.  So when I did log in I was suddenly tossed out of his house to land naked in the middle of a common area, filled with people, and not enough experience to get away quick enough before the ***** pics started coming in.  :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/13/2018 at 9:00 AM, KanryDrago said:

Not an embarassing story however it amused one of my ex'es no end

For some reason people find the name kanry hard to spell in local chat and I have been variously Kandry, Kanny, kangry and many other variants over the years. I tend to get frustrated by this after all its only 5 letters how hard can it be right? Anyway in a club the other night and they have one of those walking AI bots that chats in local...and even that damn thing managed to mispell my name

I keep reading it as KangaRoo.

I'm sorry. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.